[REMOVE ADS]

Using text from someone's earlier post, to quote in mine

How do I

a) extract lines of text from someone's earlier post, and then

b) use them, shown in a box headed 'originally posted by -----' , as a reference in my own new post please?

Thanks!

Go to the post you want to quote. Hit "reply with quote". Go to the bottom of that quote and write your reply.

If you want to add a quote from another post to include in another reply, go to the post you want to quote. Hit "reply with quote". Go to the bottom of that quote and write your reply. Highlight the entire quote and your reply, right-click, and copy. Cancel the post. Then, go to the post you were working on, right click, and paste it to your post.

If you want to comment on each part of a post, highlight the portion you wish to quote, hit the quote button at the top of the box, and it will format the quote. You don't need to use the button, but it's much easier than adding the HTML tags manually.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.

soulster

Thanks for that.

I'll have to practice all that, as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I've answered in 'the old way'...

Good Idea! Thank You!!