[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Babbitt

Babbitt

I just spoke with George McGregor who told me he just talked with Eddy Willis who gave him an update on Babbitt. It isn't good news. He was told Babbitt has abouit thirty days to live. Please say a prayer for this remarkable guy. I hope he proves the doctors wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I just spoke with George McGregor who told me he just talked with Eddy Willis who gave him an update on Babbitt. It isn't good news. He was told Babbitt has abouit thirty days to live. Please say a prayer for this remarkable guy. I hope he proves the doctors wrong.
    Well that is not what I wanted to hear, but I will pray for Bob & family. Thanks Ralph.

This news got to me, Marv. I go so far back with Babbitt, I don't remember never knowing the guy.

Babbitt, My prayers are with you Buddy. I hope the diagnosis is wrong.
    Last edited by tom_moulton; 05-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Prayers from me, too.......who doesn't love Babbitt?

Damn.
    I just logged in this afternoon to see if there was any resolution on the Jimmy Mack thread. I'm quite saddened by this news, Ralph, but I know news, good or bad, needs passing along. Babbit, prove them wrong. Stick around,buddy.
    Please...

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  21.1 KB
    Sorry to hear that. But doctors have guessed wrong before. Maybe this will be one of those situations. Let's hope so [[and also that he doesn't suffer).

Ralph:

The doctors are used to dealing with ordinary people. This is Babbitt we're talking about.

That thought has crossed my mind, Dave. Babbitt is one tough cookie.

Very sorry to hear about this

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Very sorry to hear about this
    Sorry to hear this, but God is always in control. My prayers go UP FOR Babbitt.

This news got to me, Marv. I go so far back with Babbitt, I don't remember never knowing the guy.
    Ralph, if there is a way that we here can show or tell Bob how much we appreciate him, please let us know. I know that there some that do not know what a really decent person Bob is. We all know how extraordinarily talented he is, but is also a very good man.

I'm sure Babbitt would appreciate that, Marv.

Terrible news, but you can bet that Babbitts gonna battle it.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Terrible news, but you can bet that Babbitts gonna battle it.
    i HOPE SO. BABBITT IS A GRACIOUS MAN, ALWAYS HAD AN ANSWER TO ONE OF MY QUESTIONS.

I didnt want to hear this but I have and all I can say is yes from what I have heard he is tough and there are people who have beat this I want Babbitt to be one of them. He is in my prayers and thoughts right now. Much joy has been given and continues to be through his music.
    Stephanie

Babbitt wish you strength, love and all the best.

Sad, sad news. We already lost so many great Funk Brothers. It's not his time and I will pray and hope for a miracle. I wish him all the strenght and love he and his loved ones need. His picture and signature are on my wall in the Netherlands.

Was just thinking of him, along with all the Funk Brothers, when I finally got to tour Studio A on Friday. Just a huge amount of emotion that starts to overflow when you step foot in that studio - all the music that was made, the feeling of family that still exists in there is just overwhelming.

Hang on Mr. Babbitt, know that you provided so many of us with the music of our lives and we send our prayers and well wishes to you.

Thom

Bob

We all love you

edafan

Hang in there, Babbitt!!

Best,

Mark

Ralph, I hope you get a chance to let him know how much all of us have appreciated his time, talents and friendship. He's another one I've missed meeting in person, but I hope he knows there's a bunch of us out here who care about him.

Thinking about Mr. Babbitt... he was always amazingly kind to me. Hopefully he can pull through this, I know we'll all be thinking about him.

Wonderful player. He's on so many of my favorite records I don't even know where to start. I'm praying for him too.

I'm pleased to report that we are making great progress regarding the funding for The Funk Brothers Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame. We see the light at the end of the tunnel due to some significant support we've recently secured. It is my ferverent hope that Bob will be there with us to share in the honor and celebration for his important contributions to this legendary group of musicians.

Now that is a well deserved honor! Congratulations to Bob Babbitt!

Awesome news!!! Congrats Bob!! Well deserved honor indeed!

I hope this good news motivates and restores Bob's energy.

The news of Bob's imminent demise isn't quite accurate but I'm sorry to say that his final post-operative procedure failed last week and he entered hospice care on Tuesday due to repeated falls.
    He could live a few months or a few weeks. I'm told he is still with it mentally other than being very depressed about his situation. Seeing visitors has been depressing him even more so I was asked to hold off a bit on calling or visiting him.

Bob,
    Thanks for the update. This isn't good news and Babbitt has been in my thoughts all week.

Congratulations on the award Bob! You deserve it. You are in our prayers.

Dennis and Millie Coffey

Great to see Bob being reconized for his contributions to music! Hopefully this will bring him some happiness during this trying time!

So sorry to hear this.

It's been a very crappy year for my musical icons.

One of the local Nashville bassists I heard from on another website visited Bob the other day and reports that Bobs family is most grateful for the outpouring of support he's received through his website www.bobbabbitt.com. They have been reading him all the well wishes he's received.

I'm sorry to hear this sad news, I was really hoping that all would turn out well with Bob.

I have to say that a lot of rappers & B-Boys from New York owe a serious debt of gratitude to Dennis & Bob for one of the N.Y.C. block party anthems known as Scorpio.

That break served as the foundation for a lot of freestyle dances for years & Bob's bass line was imitated by many a young bassist cutting their teeth in music.

Congrats to Bob on the award & hopefully, somehow, things will turn around for him.

God Speed!

Best wishes to Babbitt who is being honored with his Star on the Music City Walk Of Fame as I write this...

http://www.visitmusiccity.com/walkoffame/inductees.htm

Hoping Bob could attend to accept the honor.

I just got back. Bob's wife Ann accepted for Bob and is now on her way to the hospital with the plaque. I got to meet Bob's son, Ann's sisters and Andrew Smith's sister for the first time. Eddie Willis was going to try and make it back up but we didn't see him.

Nobody said anything about Bob's situation but all of us who knew were in tears including union president Dave Pomeroy who was having trouble holding the tears back as he gave his presentation speech. The emcee was Great American Country's Bill Cody who is a country music icon. A very choice moment was when Pomeroy mentioned Scorpio and Cody's jaw hit the ground in utter amazement.

Bob is the 59th inductee and very first backing musician to ever be inducted.

Sooooo sorry Bob couldn't make it. Hopefully, seeing the award will give a huge lift to his spirits.

I've been away. This is tragic news.

Called Joe Podorsek. He wasn't opitimistic. But, he said - "That bear will hang in there. There's no "bottom" he can't go."

Gawd. Ralph - I told you how he lifted me off the ground at TeraShirma and said "Kid. You're gonna do all right."

A true bass hero.

Babbitt - We're in your corner. Period.
    Last edited by voosh; 06-08-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I can't believe I misspelled his name

Bob,
    As always, thanks for the update on Babbitt. This one is a tough one for me. I guess I've known Babbitt since we were playing teen clubs in Detroit. Yeah, Voosh, I remember what you told me. So typical of Babbitt to encourage others. I am certainly happy and proud for the guy for this most worthy accolade. I wish it would have come sooner. Hopefully it will give Bob a lift.

Babbitt we are rooting for you,
    Steph

I got the chance to meet Bob in 2006 on my 16th Birthday he got me comped tickets to the show. Also got to meet Eddie,Uriel,Mary Wilson & a local legend named Mel Brown [[former Motown drummer who use to tour with all the acts/also drummer on Motown 25). It was awesome! Bob is a super nice guy.. Pulling for you Babbitt!

I heard from Bobs family today. He's receiving excellent care and is putting up one hell of a fight. God bless them all.

Great to hear, Stu.......

It's not a good situation Moe, but Babbitt and his family are showing courage, grace, and class...as usual.

Thank you, Stu.