[REMOVE ADS]

Britain goes Barking Mad ... :)

Over a dancing dog!!

Yes .. the new star of Britain's Got Talent is a dancing dog called "Pudsey" ..

In last night's show dancing dog Pudsey got through to the final ..

From the "Daily Express" ...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318554

"HE is the unique act with mesmerising star-quality that Simon Cowell has been waiting for all his life.

Pudsey, the six-year-old dancing dog, last night took Britain’s Got Talent by storm – and stole dog-lover Simon’s heart.

Pudsey and his 17-year-old owner Ashleigh Butler wowed audiences with a routine that set the dance floor alight and propelled them through to the show’s live finals.

The fluffy-haired crossbreed showed off his remarkable talent as he sashayed across the stage on his hind legs, weaving in and out of Ashleigh’s legs and clearly enjoying the limelight.

The routine had all four judges on their feet applauding, with Simon Cowell admitting: “This is what I have been waiting for all my life. I have had a lot of dogs in my life but never one like this. Can’t we breed them and I can have a puppy?”

David Walliams also compared the duo to Torvill and Dean and Rogers and Astaire.

Pudsey is a Bichon Frise, Border Collie and Chinese Crested Powder Puff cross-breed. Along with *Ashleigh, he was one of nine acts competing in the first live semi-final for a place in the final.

The other two acts who came in the top three in the public vote were boyband The Mend and Welsh male voice choir Only Boys Aloud.

The judges gave the acts two votes each but Only Boys Aloud won a bigger share of the public vote, winning them a final place.

Ashleigh, from Northampton, insisted that almost any family pet has the potential to dance like Pudsey. She said: “Some of the tricks I have taught him have taken a very long time. Walking backwards on his hind-legs took three years.”

The teenager said she takes her dog’s training very seriously. “I warm up his muscles before and after a performance and, if he is lucky, he gets to eat steak. At the end of the day, he is an athlete.”

Here is last night's performance ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7viWp5KrE

And here is the original audition ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_gOBi8Wpk

Bow Wow Wom Yippee Eye Yippee Aye ....

Roger

That was the first time I ever saw the show, because my friends The Jive Aces were on it. It will also be the last, but that dog was amazing, I must admit. Maybe they could train four pooches up to judge the next series.

Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    That was the first time I ever saw the show, because my friends The Jive Aces were on it. It will also be the last, but that dog was amazing, I must admit. Maybe they could train four pooches up to judge the next series.
    I'm wondering if Her Majesty is having a few of her corgis trained up for the Diamond Jubilee ...

Roger

britains really gone to the dogs,it just won the final

He's the best performing dog I've ever seen. If they make a film about him, will he be in the lead?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    He's the best performing dog I've ever seen. If they make a film about him, will he be in the lead?
    What a joke to unleash on the world!!

Roger

Yes .. as reported .. the dancing dog won!!

Here is how it is being reported by the "Daily Mail" .. and there is a video of the performance in there too ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Roger

I was impressed by Ryan O'Shaughnessy; he reminded me of Don McLean. But I voted for Ashleigh & Pudsey as well. I thought the standard of the final was pretty high.

Has anyone heard Ruth Brown on "The Voice"?

yeah, isnt she good?one of the best singers i've seen on a uk tallent show,or prob the best!

i cant see a future in this dog thing,[[they're no good on the radio!)once you've seen one dog you seen the rest too,its not great,the king is naked,he isnt wearing new clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    i cant see a future in this dog thing,[[they're no good on the radio!)once you've seen one dog you seen the rest too,its not great,the king is naked,he isnt wearing new clothes.
    I've heard that the BBC are re-training some of their sports commentators for this radio conundrum Tamla617. Though reports that commentator Steve Bower is going to change his name to Steve Bow-wow seem exaggerated.

Roger

I believe Pudsey has sired six puppies. We'll probably get them doing doggy line-dancing next!

You can joke about dancing dogs on the radio, but most of the great ventriloquists of the 1950s and 60s started out on that route! Can you imagine anything dumber than a ventriloquist on radio? You really can't see his lips move!

Ventriloquist Peter Brough had a weekly half-hour show on the radio, "Educating Archie", but as it took the form of a sit-com it was judged as such rather than as a vent act. People were famiiar with Peter Brough and Archie Andrews from the theatre and television. Not being able to see Willie Tyler & Lester doesn't detract from the comedy value on the Tamla album, "Hello Dummy".

and tony blackburn had arnold!but i didnt believe it,think it was recording.am i due for my medication nurse?

Jack Wooley's dog "Captain" was an important part of the cast of Britain's [[and the world's) longest running radio-drama that "Everyday story of Country Folk" .. "The Archers" for many a year ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features...ys-dog-captain

I see a bright future for Pudsey in Radio .....

Roger

and tony blackburn had arnold!but i didnt believe it,think it was recording.am i due for my medication nurse?
    You mean Arnold wasn't real? Never!!!

my cat was on the radio too.....................................sleeps on it all day

I remember when they had a juggling act on Workers' Playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    I remember when they had a juggling act on Workers' Playtime.
    Did they drop the programme?

my cat was on the radio too.....................................sleeps on it all day
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...now that's entertainment...they don't make cats like that anymore!!

they dont, mines now welded to a 1960's philips effort.the red plastic dont half clash with callico