[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Blinky

Blinky

Blinky Williams has posted this on her Facebook: “UHHHH....I hear someone said Blinky had a stroke!! Yep!! but I am feeling great....home...recuperating...GOD IS NO JOKE!!! God bless you!!”

Apart from obviously wishing her a full and speedy recovery I wish that someone out there would please release BLINKY’S Motown recordings from the vaults before it’s too late! Reel Music folded just before they were due to issue her unreleased album ‘Sunny & Warm’. I believe that it’s been re-mastered and ready for production. Surely there is a company that will take over this project? Blinky’s fans have been waiting for this moment for far too long.

BLINKY - "SUNNY AND WARM"

MOTOWN MS 712

SIDE ONE

1. I WOULDN'T CHANGE THE MAN HE IS
    2. RESCUE ME
    3. HOW YOU GONNA KEEP IT [[AFTER YOU GET IT)
    4. THIS MAN OF MINE
    5. IT'S GONNA BE ALWAYS
    6. HOW LONG HAS THAT EVENING TRAIN BEEN GONE

SIDE TWO

1. SHINE ON ME
    2. FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE
    3. I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
    4. IS THERE A PLACE [[IN HIS HEART FOR ME)
    5. THIS TIME LAST SUMMER
    6. YOUR LOVE WAS WORTH WAITING FOR

I would hope that Ace or Hip-O would take it over if as you say it is re-mastered. I would much, much prefer this to another live Supremes set.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I would hope that Ace or Hip-O would take it over if as you say it is re-mastered. I would much, much prefer this to another live Supremes set.
    Why can't we have both?

Look what you are missing! It's time to get behind BLINKY - PLEASE!

Wonderful song and sung beautifully.

i'm glad to hear she's doing well1 and I couldn't agree more copley!

I make no apologies for this. I just ask for your support in lobbying ACE, UMe, etc to finally get a BLINKY release in her & my lifetime!

Name:  Blinky Free1.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  86.1 KB

I was really looking forward to this album finally being released by Reel Music. It's a real shame that the label is no longer active. I hope another label picks up the ball on this very soon!

After hearing The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game by Ms. Williams from Motown Sings Motown Treasures, I will gladly listen to anything that she has recorded and support any movement to indeed "Free Blinky". God Bless You My Sister!

"This Man of Mine" is a great track. I'd love to own it on the "Sunny And Warm" album.

Simply stated, Blinky is one of the most underappreciated artists on the Motown roster.

I'm sorry to hear that she was ill, but glad to know that she's on the mend & feeling better.

I never knew that Sondra Williams on the Atlantic Gospel LP was Blinky, until it came up on an earlier thread. I've had that album a long time and just never made the association.

It would be great to see Blinky's unreleased material finally come out. Hers must have been a frustrating tenure at Motown seeing so much of what she did get shelved.

Wishing Blinky a very speedy recovery. God bless and best wishes.xxx