[REMOVE ADS]

Classic soul album spotlight: That's the way of the world

Hi everyone. Below is a link to my article spotlighting Earth Wind & Fire's That's The Way of The World album as Classic Soul Album of the Month on soultrain.com

http://soultrain.com/2012/04/30/clas...-of-the-world/

One of my all-time favorites, easily in my top 10. Good choice!

That was a great album, to be sure. In my personal opinion, "Reasons" may be the singular best singing performance in R&B history. Just to hear the titles of other songs from the album puts them in your head like you just heard them for the first time. Interestingly, that is one of the albums that manages to evoke a different mood on every cut. My only problem with it is that EW&F never quite took it to that level again, even though future albums [[especially "All 'n All") stand on their own as great records. Maurice White was one of those guys, like Frankie Beverly, that was as much of a great bandleader as performer. Their bands took on their personalities and the personality of the bands grabbed fans and held them through thick and thin.

Good article and great subject to critique.

I was in the army in Korea when that allbum came out. We wore it out. Reasons was the jam every
    falsetto wannabe in my company tried to emulate. I dug the mess outta the whole thing especially
    Reasons, Africano and See The Light. EWF had virtually no peer at that time even to us funkaholics
    still sweating everything that George Clinton was attached to. That was real music, nothing like it
    exist much these days in current so-called R&B....

This album is also in my all-time favorites top 10 list.

I wish there were an article about the technical stuff.