[REMOVE ADS]

Question Regarding JB's "I Got You"

Watched SKI PARTY on TMC and noticed the closing credit. It says "I Got You" - music & lyrics by Ted Wright but the 45 gives credit to JB. So either Ted Wright is a pseudonym, real person & writer or a miscredited writer. Anybody?

That is strange. There use to be a very popular radio DJ in Ohio in those days called "Bro. Ted Wright" [[he played mainly gospel). I now want to do some research on this and the James Brown song.

Ted Wright is a pseudonym James Brown used. I believe this was during the time he was trying to record for both the King and Smash labels simultaneously. Ted Wright is credited as the songwriter for "Out of Sight," which came out originally on Smash. There were two different versions of "I Got You" or "I Feel Good." The Star Time box set has both versions. The SKI PARTY version "I Got You" credits Ted Wright as the songwriter, while the hit 45 version "I Got You [[I Feel Good)" credits James Brown. King records was able to get a legal settlement to the effect that James could no longer record vocal records for Smash--only instrumental records.
    Last edited by Nothing But Soul; 04-29-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Appreciate it NBS, thanks

Thank you Nothing But Soul!