[REMOVE ADS]

Wrecking Crew Documentary Delayed Because......

uptight Guest
    I'm glad I got to screen this film a couple of years ago. The director did say it was a work in progress at that time. But it was looking really good.

Is this the same Wrecking Crew that played on the Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds" LP?

Absolutely that's the same Wrecking Crew who recorded that record and thousands of others that you've heard all your life.

Denny Tedesco [[Tommy Tedesco's son) has been on this project for at least a decade at this point. The film was officially released back in 2008. It's been screened at major film festivals around the world and has already won best documentary awards at several of those festivals.

The project started out as a labor of love about his dad and his colleagues in the studio. It's been a bit of a nightmare trying to get this film released commercially. Denny's has also continued filming all these years and the last time I spoke with him he said there's a whole 'nother DVD's worth of new material he's saving for when the whole project can be released.

I was fortunate enough to see the film at last year's Winter NAMM convention with Denny, his sound engineer, Bob Bronow and a room full of musicians, big time sound engineers and producers. We had a blast watching this wonderful piece of history. Afterward, Denny, beaming with pride, said that now knew he had done the film right because it had never been shown before a room full of "industry" people before. "You guys got ALL the jokes" he said.

Denny still needs lots of help raising the money to buy the music rights. Anyone who want to learn more about the film or host a screening can find out how to get started here:

http://wreckingcrew.tv/

If you get a chance, you've got to see this film. It's every bit as informative and as much fun as SITSOM was.

Thanks for the info ChiDrummer!! Very informative. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

CK the female [[I am afraid to say her name) you know who she is said that their real name was the Click or Clique and that Hal Blaine called them the Wrecking Crew for marketing purposes when he wrote his book several years ago. She seems to be upset about the name Wrecking Crew. I dont know why because the book [[which I have) that is not old gives her a lot of props.
    Steph