[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Having said that, it's only fair to break my list into 2 categories, those which I actually heard back then & the ones that I never heard before reissue craze of the late 80s-early 90s. For the most part I've tried to stay away from the massive hits that everyone knows, but had to include a few. I'll have to dig through those 28 CDs to see what I missed, but from a quick glance at my lists, here goes...

The Temprees - Love's Maze, Explain It To Her Mama, You Make The Sunshine
    The Emotions - When Tomorrow Comes, Blind Alley, Show Me How , Best Part Of A Love Affair
    Rufus Thomas - Push & Pull, Breakdown

Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz, It's Christmas, I Like What You're Doing To Me, All I Want For Christmas, You've Got a Cushion to Fall On

Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Coming, When Something Is Wrong, Soul Man
    Eddie Floyd - I've Never Found a Girl [[To Love Me Like You Do), California Girl
    Otis Redding - My Lovers Prayer, Open The Door
    The Mad Lads - I Want A Girl, Don't Have To Shop Around, So Nice, Whatever Hurts You, Let Me Repair Your Heart
    John KaSandra - [[What's Under) The Natural Do, Don't Pat Me On The Back And Call Me Brother
    Isaac Hayes - I Stand Accused

The Staples Singers - Heavy Makes You Happy, You've Got to Earn It, This World, Respect Yourself, I'll Take You There, If You're Ready [[Come Go With Me)

The Bar-Kays - Soul Finger, Holy Ghost
    William Bell - Everybody Loves A Winner, Every Day Will Be Like A Holiday, I Forgot To Be Your Lover
    Mel & Tim – Starting All Over Again, I May Not Be What You Want
    The Soul Children - Love Makes It Right

Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign, Cold Feet, Drowning on Dry Land, I'll Play The Blues for You, Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, [[I Love) Lucy

Discovered via re-issues...

Carla Thomas - Guide Me Well, I've Got No Time To Lose, How Do You Quit [[Someone You Love), I'll Always Have Faith In You, Stop! Look What You're Doin',

David Porter - Can't See You When I Want To [[1970 version)
    Rance Allen Group - I Belong To You
    The Newcomers - Too Little In Common To Be Lovers, Mannish Boy, Girl, This Boy Loves You
    The Epsilons - The Echo
    Johnnie Taylor - Toehold
    The Mad Lads - Seeing Is Believing, Did My Baby Call
    The Newcomers - The Exit [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxIA...eature=related),
    Judy Clay - You Can't Run Away From Your Heart
    Ollie & The Nightingales - I Got A Sure Thing, Don't Do It / I'm With You
    Bessie Banks – Try To Leave Me If You Can
    Mable John - Your Good Thing [[Is About To End), I'm A Big Girl Now, Don't Hit Me No More
    Eddie Floyd - On A Saturday Night
    Johnny Daye - Stay Baby Stay
    Ilana - Where Would You Be Today
    The Canes - Why Should I Suffer With The Blues
    Ruby Johnson - Come To Me Darling, If I Ever Needed Love [[I Sure Do Need It Now)
    Eddie Jefferson - I Don't Want You Anymore
    Dorothy Williams - Closer To My Baby, Watchdog
    Ivory Joe Hunter - Can't Explain How It Happened
    Johnnie Taylor - I Had A Dream, Little Bluebird, Somebody's Sleeping In My Bed
    William Bell - Share What You Got [[But Keep What You Need),
    Rufus Thomas - Sophisticated Sissy
    The Charmels - I'll Gladly Take You Back
    Derek Martin - Soul Power
    Jeanne & The Darlings - It's Unbelievable [[How Do You Control My Soul), Hang Me Now, What's Gonna Happen To Me
    Ruby Johnson - Keep on Keeping On
    Carolyn Hurley – One Way Love Affair
    Last edited by juicefree20; 05-10-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Organization

There are too many Stax songs that I enjoy to list favorites so I have to second everything that Juice listed on his
    "heard back then" list ESPECIALLY The Emotions Blind Alley. I have listened to that song 5-6 times in a row! Wanda
    kills me with her delivery on it right from her opening "Hey boy!..." Now that I think of it I can say just about the whole
    Stax catalogue on The Emotions gets to me. Sheila's vocals on the William Hart [[Delfonics) Take Me Back is another song
    I can replay more than 3 times. Those girls sang their hearts out for real...

I just found out that Donald "Duck" Dunn died at age 70 in Japan. RIP, Duck. Thanks for giving us a lot of good music to discuss on this thread.

Some of my faves are [[and I do LOVE STAX music):

Stop! In The Name Of Love [[full version) - Margie Joseph
    The Devil Is Dope/Hey You! Get Off My Mountain/In The Rain - The Dramatics
    The Sweeter He Is/I'll Be The Other Woman - The Soul Children
    Wrap It Up - Sam and Dave
    So I Can Love You/Me And My Honey/Show Me How - The Emotions
    I Believe In You/Doggin' Me Around - Johnnie Taylor
    Love ... Can Be So Wonderful - The Temprees
    B-A-B-Y - Carla Thomas
    Big Bird - Eddie Floyd
    Private Number - Judy Clay and William Bell
    Everyday Is Like A Holiday - William Bell

Can't think of any others at the moment. List to be continued .....

Tyrone

Candy-the astors!