[REMOVE ADS]

Good Times -vs- The Jeffersons

Hi this is Kev-Lo

This is just a little spin-off from mickeymac's Thread. So which one was your favorite between the to

Kev, man that is a tough one for me because I love them both dearly. Actually I have 3 favorite shows: "Good Times", "The Jeffersons", and "What's Happening". I really can't give you an answer. BUT if my life depended on it and I had to give one I'd give the edge to "Good Times" for one simple reason: THELMA [[Bern Nadette Stanis).

I had more fun watching Good Times back in the day, but I can't watch it today. Good Topics, but too much buffoonery.

I found The Jeffersons boring.

Good Times was my favorite until they tagged and bagged John Amos............

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Good Times was my favorite until they tagged and bagged John Amos............
    My sentiments exactly.

yeah Tim, he was the heart and soul of the series to me, he provided guidance, strength and hope for the family, although they tried the producers could not replace what he brought to the show and it soon degenerated into a show that I couldn't relate to on any level. As you know Good Times was a comedy but John Amos made it poignant and realistic, here was a poor black man who stood by his family through thick and thin.........and they decided to make him a ghost.

But enough about that, I just had a thought, If the producers would have put JJ & George in a show together it would have been titled The Return of "Amos & Andy".

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...........

I would say "Good Times" until the took the father[[John Amos) off..He was the best one on the show..His expressions and no non-sense attitude...were funny..

To me, the Jeffersons was over acted..George and Wheezie yelled too much,they weren't that funny...the only funny part
    was when George interacted with Florence..she was the best character on that show..

uptight Guest
    I loved both shows and never pit one against the other. Good Times was great because it featured a cast with a wide age range and appealed to a wide range of viewing ages. While it showed a close-knit family struggling in the ghetto, The Jeffersons was a small family "movin' on up," owning their own business.

Bernadette Stanis, yum....

pshark Guest
    And don't forget Berlinda Tolbert

I liked both pretty much equally, and both shows weren't as good in the later years. The Jeffersons was GREAT in the first three years, but that's mostly because I thought that Zara Cully pretty much MADE the show. She was a RIOT. Here in this clip where she says "Louise... wer'e running low on watercress sandwichuuuzzz" I almost pee myself:

I watched both and liked both alot...However I did Find the Jimmie walker stick to get VERY old quickly [[and the reason why John Amos left) but I still liked it. IF I had to pick one I think I pick "Good Times" but the Jeffersons were fun also.

Bill

I think I liked the Jeffersons best. I LOVED John Amos in Good Times and it wasn't the same after he left. I know many people will disagree with me on this one, but I liked the second Lionel better than the first one. I loved the way George used to dis the Willises. Mother Jefferson was a hoot too!

The Jeffersons is my choice....I think the ensemble had better chemistry. However, the topics in "Good Times" were more socially relevant.

Love, love, Good Times!!! It was a family event in my household.
    I like the Jeffersons too, and loved Mother Jefferson and when George and Florence would go at it!