[REMOVE ADS]

TUPAC! Back Onstage : One Night Only......!

I don't what to think about all of this, but I'd sure like to hear your thoughts on 2Pac brought back to the concert stage as a hologram! Cool and creepy at the same time:

I don't what to think about all of this

Neither do I, what's next Michael & Whitney ? The Classic Five, dare I say Diana & .........nope, no, no.........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Neither do I, what's next Michael & Whitney ? The Classic Five, dare I say Diana & .........nope, no, no.........[/COLOR]
    I truly hope that they NEVER go that far!

judging by that example they are already there..........

I remember seeing Celine Dion & Elvis Presley [[as a hologram) performing a duet on television many years back. Apart from the creep factor, I have to say the technology made it seem very real on my tv screen. The camera moved around and Elvis seemed very much in 3-D. Is this good idea? I'm not so sure.

What is really weird is that a Music Professor in Great Britain has perfected a process where all the song output by a recording artist [[ie Elvis) can be feed into a computer program, to build up a "vocabulary of words." Then by punching in new lyrics, and alternating the pitch, speed, etc, a "new song" could be developed. Now THAT is really creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    I remember seeing Celine Dion & Elvis Presley [[as a hologram) performing a duet on television many years back. Apart from the creep factor, I have to say the technology made it seem very real on my tv screen. The camera moved around and Elvis seemed very much in 3-D. Is this good idea? I'm not so sure.

What is really weird is that a Music Professor in Great Britain has perfected a process where all the song output by a recording artist [[ie Elvis) can be feed into a computer program, to build up a "vocabulary of words." Then by punching in new lyrics, and alternating the pitch, speed, etc, a "new song" could be developed. Now THAT is really creepy!
    Mark, I believe you agree with me without outright saying so! I do not think this is a good idea......

The virtual "raising of the dead" may be going a little too far. What happens when they get so good at it that the public ends up paying big bucks for concerts and the actual artist is not even there!!!

smark21 Guest
    I have a friend who attended Coachella this past weekend. She said the Tupac hologram was one of the festival highlights for her.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I have a friend who attended Coachella this past weekend. She said the Tupac hologram was one of the festival highlights for her.
    She was not creeped out by it?

Just as I predicted! It is starting.........

[B][Virtual Tupac Shakur To Go On Tour?
    /B]

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=721772

Idolator

Many media outlets and artists thought Tupac Shakur's virtual resurrection at Coachella on Sunday was pretty much the coolest thing ever. The Los Angeles Times, however, called the stunt "a red herring, unnecessary and ill advised." Whichever side of the fence you're on, the projection of the deceased rapper may not be a onetime deal, given the amount of coverage the event has received. And according to one report, Shakur's comrades Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, who staged the so-called hologram [[it was actually a 2-D image, not a 3-D one, which constitutes holograms) during their set, could take virtual Tupac out on tour this year.

An insider has revealed to the Wall Street Journal that representatives for Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg plan to discuss logistics for a tour involving the rappers and the virtual Shakur, which was created by San Diego-based company Digital Domain:

"One option would be a tour in stadiums, involving other hip-hop stars, including Eminem, 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa. Alternately, they could stage a more limited tour, featuring only Dre, Snoop Dogg and the virtual Tupac, in smaller arenas."

"To create a completely synthetic human being is the most complicated thing that can be done, Digital Domain's chief creative officer, Ed Ulbrich, said in an interview with WSJ.  This is not found footage. This is not archival footage. This is an illusion. This is just the beginning. Dre has a massive vision for this."

That said, the publication points out the following, via their source:

"A tour with the virtual Tupac is likely but not guaranteed, said the person familiar with the situation. The nascent plans could fall apart for any number of reasons. If the tour were to proceed, it would take many months of creative and technical planning, this person added."

The Coachella performance was definitely a jaw-dropping moment,
    and one that may well eclipse anything that happens at the fest this coming weekend. [[Even Shakur's scheduled return to the festival.) But will taking a projected image of a person who's been dead since 1996 to perform on tour be crossing a line?

Also on Idolator:
    2Pac Resurrected: Technology brings the rapper back from the dead
    What Critics Thought: A Review Revue of 2Pac's virtual performance
    Dre, Snoop & 2Pac: See their Coachella performance in pics

It's ridiculous if you ask me. A computer is considered an artist now? It's not Tupac, it's a computer.

Even though I know what side of the fence I reside, I recently read that The Jackson's are planning something similar for there Unity Tour next year........jeez...... possibly to coincide with the release of their new album on Motown.........

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She was not creeped out by it?
    No, she thought it was great and made the trip to the festival completely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    It's the way technology is going and if the public like it, I see nothing wrong with it.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Even though I know what side of the fence I reside, I recently read that The Jackson's are planning something similar for there Unity Tour next year........jeez...... possibly to coincide with the release of their new album on Motown.........
    I am telling you, this is not too cool. It's going to lead to some problems down the line that we are just not aware of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It's the way technology is going and if the public like it, I see nothing wrong with it.

Roberta
    I am surprised to hear such a seemingly devoutely religious person like youself say something like that.......

Not my type of hype, but hey, to each it's reach.....

The Tupac hologram seems to have upset a lot of people, but the crowd at the Coachella music festival loved it. Tricks and gimmicks that use celebrities who have passed have been around for decades. Natalie Cole recorded a duet with her beloved daddy, made a video and then in her concert Nat and natalie appeared on stage together via video and good lighting. Lisa Marie Presley did the same thing with her daddy.

If it bothers you, stay home and if it doesn't, buy a concert ticket.

Best to everyone,

Roberta

The Tupac hologram seems to have upset a lot of people, but the crowd at the Coachella music festival loved it
    Controversial subject matter will effect different people in various ways. I am more in line with Splanky on this one, whatever floats your boat. I think that the first time I ever heard about this was years ago from The Walt Disney Camp. With the examples you mentioned and films like Avatar and video games employing similar technology, I'm sure this is just the beginning, it is what it is, no more , no less...........for now..........

The virtual "raising of the dead" may be going a little too far. What happens when they get so good at it that the public ends up paying big bucks for concerts and the actual artist is not even there!!!
    I had similar thoughts but you got to admit its their money.........and besides our young folks have never been challenged to use their imagination, just dial it up and its there.....
    Last edited by paladin; 04-20-2012 at 02:21 PM.