[REMOVE ADS]

Rihanna ends interview after love life question

i
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LATEST MUSIC News
    Rihanna ends interview after love life question

Rihanna has 'abruptly ended' an interview after the reporter asked her how frustrating it was being linked to Hollywood stars, some of whom she barely knows.

[[BANG) - Rihanna has ''abruptly ended'' an interview following a question about her love life.

The 24-year-old 'Battleship' star - who has recently been linked with Ashton Kutcher and ex-boyfriend Chris Brown - called time on her chat with Australian show 'Sunrise' when asked about how ''frustrating'' it was to be linked to other Hollywood stars, even when she barely knows them.

Appearing annoyed, she replied: ''Very frustrating. Almost as frustrating as being asked about it. I mean, what's the point.''

Defending the question, the reporter explained: ''Well people are interested in you, you're a big star,'' to which Rihanna responded: ''They are. And they're interested in a lot of things - a lot of things that don't matter. Or shouldn't.''

A voice-over then explains that the interview was ''abruptly ended'', making it the second time is as many months that the 'We Found Love' hitmaker - who was spotted making a late-night visit to Ashton's house in March - has expressed her annoyance over questions about her relationships.

Quizzed about the rumored romance at a London press conference, a female reporter asked: ''You're so good at connecting with people that I think that we actually feel we know you. Things are clearly going brilliantly in your career. I just wondered if you are as happy in your private life, and will we see a certain Mr. Ashton Kutcher perhaps making a trip over here?''

Clearly irritated, Rihanna replied: ''Wow, how disappointing was that question?''

When the mediator asked if she wanted to move on to the next question, Rihanna agreed ''absolutely'' before adding, ''I'm happy and I'm single, if that's what you're really asking.''

[[C) BANG Media International

smark21 Guest
    You do love the gossip and the dish, don’t you?

Rihanna has a right not to answer the questions, but she could have handled it more skillfully.

This stuff comes on my news homepage at work; and I guess it is sort of relevant to music and soul music, so I pass it on.

Whenever these people get huffy, it's a little bit embarrassing; I think they are entitled to get pissed off at the stupid questions but on the other hand, they are celebrities; they make a piss pot full of money off of the public ~ do they not want the public to be interested? It's probably better to walk away with a smile.

Rihanna seems like another kind of silly, naive, stunned woman ~ like Princess Diana; she is so wrapped up in her success that she can't see much of anything else ~ like the risk of hooking up with guys that hit you when they are mad. But she is young, she's rich, and she obviously doesn't have the kind of upbringing that would ground her well. What can we expect?

The question is will she end up like Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson or will she do better?

I think it's none of what you said. I think it's simply a matter of her wanting to keep her love life private. It seems that's all the public cares about. I think Rihanna would like for her fans to focus on her music and other professional endeavors.

She is best friends with Katy Perry, and probably learned a lot from that, and the very public mess with Chris Brown.

Keeping a private life private offers some sense of normalcy in a profession that won't let you have any.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-17-2012 at 12:01 AM.

It also means that when and if the time comes to do an autobiography, there is plenty of 'never before revealed' material that can push up the amount of the advance....

Oh please! She's not thinking of any of that mess! She just wants a little privacy. Is that OK? Why do fans care so damn much about a famous person's personal shit?