[REMOVE ADS]

Andrew Love, Memphis musician passes

Andrew Love, member of the legendary Memphis Horns, passed away on Thursday night. The Memphis Horns are featured on many classic soul recordings.

RIP Andrew.

The Memphis Horns were not only featured on many classic soul recordings; they were featured on all kinds of records. The following link contains a nice write-up on Andrew Love.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...D=happeningnow

man, you could always tell back in the 60's more or less where the GREAT sounding records came from. There was no mistaking the distinctive sound of the Memphis Horns & they sure influenced alot of other recording groups. I know Atlantic flew the guys down to Maimi alot of times for sessions at Criteria.

hey, Kamasu, thanks for the link...great articles, very interesting. I wonder what ever happened to Packy Axton?

Kamasu

Thank you for bringing this sad news to our attention.

For as much great music as Andrew contributed to, back then I was too young to know what an integral part The Memphis Horns were to much of the music I grew up listening to. I knew nothing about The Memphis Horns until their great 1977 ballad, "Just For Your Love". I sure came to understand that there was so much more to them than that!

My condolences to the family, friends & fans of Andrew Love & I have to say that his was a job well done.

Andrew Love - R.I.P.

motony

According to the 1986 book "Sweet Soul Music", Packy died in 1974 at the age of 32.

Andrew was a treasure. I'll miss him...RIP....

Sad to hear this.

Although he will always live on in the music he helped to create.

Cheers

Pau