[REMOVE ADS]

Breaking news - zimmerman in custody!!!

You beat me to it by two minutes!

It's about damn time!

Apparently, the bastard turned himself in. Maybe he thinks he can beat this thing. After all, now he has Sean Hannity, Faux news, and millions of racists backing him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You beat me to it by two minutes!

It's about damn time!
    Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder.

Thank the Lord. This is good news not that it can bring back the young man that he shot in cold blood. I hope he gets the maximum sentence for his appalling crime and may God forgive him.

Roberta

Let's hope for the repeal of stand your ground

We need to get rid of guns- this is not the 1800's when you really had to protect yourself. No excuse for anyone to shoot another person. Not to mention how many kids in homes get killed just by some idiot having a loaded gun in the house.

But, it's going to be a long ride if and before that happens. There's going to be a LOT more of hostility and racism in this country now. We have already seen two very publicized incidences of racism in Oklahoma, Michigan and Ohio since this happened, and there have been others.

The NRA, and these "stand your ground" laws will be re-evaluated, revised, removed, and put on trial now. It's going to get mighty ugly, especially as this is a presidential year with a "Black" president up for re-election, and an awful lot of racists on the republican side.

The new prosecutor went back and re-investigated the case from the beginning, completely ignoring the initial, bungled investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    We need to get rid of guns- this is not the 1800's when you really had to protect yourself. No excuse for anyone to shoot another person. Not to mention how many kids in homes get killed just by some idiot having a loaded gun in the house.
    We will not get rid of guns. What I would like to see, though, is the restoration of responsible gun laws, but I don't think that's going to happen in this climate. The horse has left the barn.

I live in gun country. I have no problem with citizens carrying guns, but where I live, you don't even need a permit, and background checks are lax or non-existent. These lax laws are irresponsible, and fueled by paranoid white people, many of them bigots. The requirement for permits needs to be restored, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

But, you know, while it's so easy for almost anyone to get guns without a permit, I may as well join 'em. I gotta protect myself against the crazies!

One thing to note about the racial division is that at the Al Sharpton press conference that just concluded, about the only White people there were the media. Everyone else was Black. Fox news created this wedge.

What's sad about this to me is the fact that it took the entire nation to erupt before anything was done. It feels almost like a lost effort because it should never have gone on so long and, God forbid, if the situation happened again tomorrow, I think most are too emotionally exhausted to react the same way again. In fact, it happens damned nearly every day and there is no tumult to reflect it. Why not?

Why in the world didn't they just book and charge this man originally? Trayvon Martin did not deserve to be the 21st century's version of Emmitt Till. I feel worse about my country in spite of today's positive developments.

TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com

The Real George Zimmerman

I am the real George Zimmerman,
    On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.
    It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my “Defense Fund” or "Legal Fund". I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.
    I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    George Zimmerman

Update as of 1:30pm EST on Tuesday, April 10th
    I am attempting to respond to each and everyone of my supporters personally. The support has been overwhelming in volume and strength. I thank you all and ask that you permit me the time to respond to each one of you personally. Once again thank you.
    Sincerely,
    George Zimmerman
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke.

Content copyright 2012. . All rights reserved.

online calendar

TruTV will be airing this in a few minutes

Posted on Thursday, 04.12.12

George Zimmerman in court today; Trayvon Martin’s mother says encounter ‘an accident’

Now in custody, George Zimmerman is scheduled for a bond hearing at 1:30 p.m.

State Attorney Angela Corey, special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, announces that George Zimmerman will be charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin during a news conference Wednesday, Apr. 11, 2012, in Jacksonville, Fla. Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin as he walked home in Sanford, Fla. on Feb. 26, 2012. Rick Wilson / AP Photo

Fullsize
    Image 1 of 6

BY TOLUSE OLORUNNIPA, FRANCES ROBLES AND DANIEL CHANG

DCHANG@MIAMIHERALD.COM

JACKSONVILLE -- Saying she believed the encounter that led to the shooting death of her 17-year-old son was “an accident,’’ Sybrina Fulton revealed on NBC’s Today show her opinion in the case for the first time Thursday.
    “I believe it was an accident,’’ Fulton said. “I believe that it just got out of control, and he couldn’t turn the clock back.’’
    Fulton later clarified her statement to say she believed the encounter between her unarmed son and the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed him was an accident, not the shooting itself.
    Details of the events that led up to the death of Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin are still emerging Thursday after George Zimmerman, 28, was charged with second-degree murder following 45 days of protests, petitions and intense national media coverage of the case.
    Zimmerman is scheduled for a bond hearing at 1:30 p.m. Thursday in Seminole County after turning himself in to police late Wednesday following the announcement of charges against him. Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials later transported Zimmerman from Jacksonville to Sanford, where he is now a protective custody inmate at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.
    Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s defense attorney, said his client will plead not guilty to the charge. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.
    O’Mara told CNN Thursday morning that Zimmerman is fatigued from more than a month of seclusion.
    “He’s stressed,’’ O’Mara said of Zimmerman. “He’s tired. He’s been through a lot with the way this case has been handled to date.’’
    Trayvon’s family also has been through a lot, said Fulton, Trayvon’s mother, speaking on the Todayshow Thursday.
    Asked what she would say to Zimmerman if given the opportunity, Fulton said: “I would ask him, did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager and that he did not have a weapon.’’
    Fulton added that she sympathizes with the Zimmerman family, but asked for their understanding as well.
    “I understand that his family is hurting, but think about our family. We lost our teenage son,’’ she toldToday show anchor Ann Curry. “I’m sure his parents can pick up the phone and call him, but we can’t pick up the phone and call Trayvon any more.’’
    Thursday’s bond hearing will be Zimmerman’s first appearance before a judge, who will explain the charges against him. The judge could order Zimmerman to be released on bail, or that he be held without bond.
    O’Mara, who took the case Wednesday night after Zimmerman’s previous attorneys resigned, expressed surprise at the second-degree murder charges, and said he thought “it might be manslaughter’’ — a lesser charge.
    Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder, a first-degree felony — a far more serious charge than the manslaughter arrest most experts were predicting. The decision to file the charge was made by special prosecutor Angela Corey, the Jacksonville-based state attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties, who vowed to fight a self-defense claim and insisted that she did not bow to public pressure.
    O’Mara said a pre-trial motion to dismiss the charges based on a claim of self-defense “could well occur, but it’s way too premature.’’

Full Story1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next »

Trayvon's mother has withdrawn her statement about it being "an accident". It's up on MSNBC's website, but I don['t have the time to provide a link right now.

So Zimmerman's lawyer talks about a 'Stand Your Ground Defense'. Riddle me this: Zimmerman stalks and chases Martin. Doesn't Martin have the right to 'Stand' his ground? Even if he tried to take Zimmerman's gun, is that not a form of 'Standing his Ground?

Follow the jump on Florida's record with the "Stand Your Ground" law. It's too long to cut and paste, but there have been numerous instances in which people instigated confrontation and were exonerated for the subsequent deaths.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-point/1222930

The only real difference in this one [[if the jury believes that there's reason to believe Trayvon attacked Zimmerman) is that Zimmerman was told by the law to stay in his vehicle. The DA listed that as one of the reasons she pursued murder 2 instead of manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    So Zimmerman's lawyer talks about a 'Stand Your Ground Defense'. Riddle me this: Zimmerman stalks and chases Martin. Doesn't Martin have the right to 'Stand' his ground? Even if he tried to take Zimmerman's gun, is that not a form of 'Standing his Ground?
    Martin didn't have the right to stand his ground because the white man is never the aggressor. The intimidating Black youth is always at fault and has it in for whitey. Poor George Zimmerman had no choice but to kill or be killed.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Absolutely. And unlike those gun nuts or that loser Zimmerman, Trayvon didn’t cowardly hide behind a gun while “standing his ground”.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Absolutely. And unlike those gun nuts or that loser Zimmerman, Trayvon didn’t cowardly hide behind a gun while “standing his ground”.
    I guess you didn't get that tongue-in-cheek vibe.

I was very pleased to hear this news. The most famous murderer in the country has finally been arrested and charged. He showed no mercy whatsoever towards that kid Trayvon Martin. He did not have to kill him.

George Zimmerman cried all night his first night in jail. [[they did not say why he was crying and who he was crying for......). He wants to tell the parents of Trayvon Martin that he is sorry
    [[sorry for what? That it's been over 45 days since he killed their kid and is just now being arrested? or sorry that he didn't get away with it the way it was originally planned?).

Maybe he can get Piers Morgan to interview him from his jail cell to get his side things out before the Prosecuter finishes making her case against him.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    George Zimmerman cried all night his first night in jail. [[they did not say why he was crying and who he was crying for......). He wants to tell the parents of Trayvon Martin that he is sorry
    [[sorry for what? That it's been over 45 days since he killed their kid and is just now being arrested? or sorry that he didn't get away with it the way it was originally planned?).
    He didn't get away with it like he planned.

Maybe he can get Piers Morgan to interview him from his jail cell to get his side things out before the Prosecuter finishes making her case against him.
    Why would he bother with Piers Morgan when he can get his buddy Sean Hannity to interview him?

Bottom line: he should have stayed in his vehicle like the police told him to do. If he had, none of this ever would have happened. Period. Now I hope he pays.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    In fairness to Piers Morgan, he had an article in last week's Mail On Sunday magazine which completely attacked Stand Your Ground laws.

He should be locked up for about a year before his trial starts.

George Zimmerman requested a meeting today with Trayvon Martin's family. They turned him down! His bail hearing is scheduled for tomorrow........

Breaking News! It was reported today that when the Zimmerman Family swore under oath last Friday that George Zimmerman did not have the means to pay the bond set at $150,000 or $15,000 the amount required. It turns out that Georgie's website had raised over $204,000 that he and his family neglected to tell his attorney or the judge last week! It also turns out that George Zimmerman has already withdrawn $ 54,000 of the money for "living expenses"!

This family is starting to remind me more and more of the Borgias! They are habitual liars .........all of them! I would not be surprised if Zimmerman's latest attorney, Mark O'Marra [[sp) drops him as a client. The judge now will decide to either revoke bail for Zimmerman or raise it now in light of his financial ability. Stay tuned!

What a comedy, Marv. they ought to just put the guy away.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    What a comedy, Marv. they ought to just put the guy away.
    It is a "dark comedy" to say the least. They are going through all of these machinations, creating stress and totally unnecessary tensions in the general public for no good reason. We don't need a show this time.......just put the guy away already why dont they? Geez!