[REMOVE ADS]

Robin Gibb Too Ill To Attend Titanic Concert

Hi All:

Here we go again. I've said before that I'm not optimistic about this. I sure hope I'm wrong.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/robin-gibb...04152487.html#

Here's another article. it looks like he's fighting pneumonia now.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83A03D20120411

Geez, here's another article a friend of mine sent. This doesn't look good that relatives are flying in to be with him.
    I wish him the best.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robin...for-the-worse/

I hope he improves, but this doesn't look good. Those articles are always written by people who aren't too knowledgeable about his career. They keep saying that this is Robin's first classical work, when that is totally not the case:

smark21 Guest
    Rta are you on a death watch? You seem obsessed about this.

I wouldn't say a death watch. In fact, I want to be wrong SO bad. I've known people that have had these kind of illnesses and they haven't made it. I'm on a concerned watch, you might say because I've been a fan for a long time. Also, I guess I'm seeing a lot of the musicians I grew up with leaving us and it sucks.

This is for Robin Gibb.

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need: We humbly beseech thee to behold, visit and relieve thy sick servant Robin Gibb, for whom our prayers are desired. Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy, comfort him with a sense of thy goodness, preserve him from the temptations of the enemy, and give him patience under his affliction. In thy good time, restore him to health, and enable him to lead the residue of his life in thy glory, and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

That was a very nice and thoughtful prayer. Thanks Roberta!

Quote Originally Posted by rta5225 View Post

That was a very nice and thoughtful prayer. Thanks Roberta!
    You are welcome rta5225 but don't thank me, thank God. They are his words.

Bless you,

Roberta

Hi All: I knew this was coming. Here is the latest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...-1226326416186

I wanted to be WRONG SO, SO bad!!! All the people I've known who have had cancers spread to the liver haven't made it. I wish Robin the best in his journey and in whatever God's will is.

Hi All: I knew this was coming. Here is the latest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...-1226326416186

I wanted to be WRONG SO, SO bad!!! All the people I've known who have had cancers spread to the liver haven't made it. I wish Robin the best in his journey and in whatever God's will is.
    Do not fear if Robin Gibb should pass rta5225. The Lord will lead him home when Robin is ready to go. Please find strength and comfort from these words in the book of Revelation:

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

God is good.

Roberta

Thanks Roberta. I do believe everything you said above. It's hard to let go sometimes. I'm a BIG music lover and the BeeGees have brought a lot of fun in my life. I even met them a couple times. They are not my favorite group but I like them a lot. If he does go, he'll know of such a better place than this earth. He will see his brothers Andy and Maurice as well. At least he'll know no more suffering.

Thanks for the reminder.

This is a reminder to get that colonoscopy when you turn 50, or younger if you have a family history. It's very curable if caught early, it sounds unpleasant, but it's worth it, it really is. Such Talent, and the first half of this medley contains what I consider to be Robin's masterpiece. Barry said that Robin always had a degree of pathos in him, and although Barry and Maurice helped a bit on the bridge, "I Started A Joke" is 90 percent Robin's solo composition. And how beautiful he performs it here. I love remembering him in his prime.

Last edited by jillfoster; 04-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Another of my favorites. Robin can sing a sad song and wring every bit of emotion out of it. Such beauty.

Thanks Roberta. I do believe everything you said above. It's hard to let go sometimes. I'm a BIG music lover and the BeeGees have brought a lot of fun in my life. I even met them a couple times. They are not my favorite group but I like them a lot. If he does go, he'll know of such a better place than this earth. He will see his brothers Andy and Maurice as well. At least he'll know no more suffering.

Thanks for the reminder.
    You are welcome my dear and I know the Lord is watching over you.

With my best wishes,

Roberta

Bee Gees star Robin Gibb in a coma as his family keeps bedside vigilBy the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 1:26 PM EDT, Sat April 14, 2012
    British singer Robin Gibb waves as he arrives at an awards show in 2010 in Berlin. STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Robin Gibb, 62, also has pneumonia, according to The Sun in the United Kingdom
    Gibb had bowel surgery in 2010, his rep says, confirming The Sun
    Brother Maurice died in 2003 of a twisted bowel; brother Andy died of a heart infection
    The Brothers Gibb -- or Bee Gees -- have sold more than 200 million albums
    [[CNN) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, the latest turn in health issues that include a recent battle with colon and liver cancer, his representative confirmed Saturday.

Doctors believe that Gibb, 62, has a secondary tumor, representative Doug Wright said, confirming a news account in The Sun in the United Kingdom. Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel, Wright confirmed.

His brother Maurice died in 2003 of a twisted bowel.

Brother Andy died at age 30 from a heart infection.

The Brothers Gibb -- calling themselves the Bee Gees -- soared to renown as one of the most successful British groups after the 1977 film "Saturday Night Fever" starring John Travolta was built around the group's disco songs.

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1977, the Bee Gees have sold more than 200 million albums, and their soundtrack album to "Saturday Night Fever" was the top-selling album until Michael Jackson's "Thriller" claimed that distinction in the 1980s.

CNN's Anisa Husain contributed to this report.

The writers were incorrect about the induction. They were inducted in 1997, not 1977. I see that Robin's website crashed from all of the activity. Oh well, I think I'm prepared that by next weekend, he'll be in his new residence.

There was another tumor found and I believe a lung infection. Geez, there's just one thing after another.

The writers were incorrect about the induction. They were inducted in 1997, not 1977. I see that Robin's website crashed from all of the activity. Oh well, I think I'm prepared that by next weekend, he'll be in his new residence.
    Mr. Robin Gibb will be with the Lord soon rta5225. He'll be free from pain and suffering and in a place described in the book of Revelations as follows:

"The angels shall show them the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city, also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever."

Be not afraid of death rta5225, for with death comes a new and beautiful life in the Kingdom of Heaven.

You and Robin Gibb are in my prayers.

Roberta

I was in a bar last night and they were playing that Live CD the Bee Gees did in the late 90s..it sounded great..the other week I took a chance in my dj set and played "Stayin Alive" for a room of 20 yr olds and they loved it..Striesands "Guilty" album has to be one of my favourite albums of all time..the Gibb brothers are fantastic..my prayers go them.

Thanks Roberta and everyone for posting. I'm sure he is in good hans, God's hands. Here is an article on his poor mother. I REALLY feel for this woman since this will be the third child she will bury. She's 91 and has been through a lot. I'm praying for her as well. I do not agree with her though. I don't think the family is cursed. These things do happen.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz...6908-23825389/

Here's another link. This shows Dwina, Robin's wife leaving the hospital yesterday. She looks obvouisly upset. Poor thing, and poor Robin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...bedside-vigil/

Here's another link. This shows Dwina, Robin's wife leaving the hospital yesterday. She looks obvouisly upset. Poor thing, and poor Robin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...bedside-vigil/
    Robin Gibb will be with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ very soon. He'll be free from pain and with his beloved brothers Andy and Maurice.

Take comfort from these precious words which can be found in Thessalonians:

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep."

Mr. Gibb will sleep soon but only for a short amount of time as Jesus will bring him home to live in the house of God forever.

You, Mr. Gibb and his family are in my prayers rta5225.

Stay strong and have faith in the Lord.

Fondly,

Roberta

Any word from Barry Gibb?

a journalist I know has been in contact with Gibbs manager..they dont expect Robin to last much more than a few more days sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    a journalist I know has been in contact with Gibbs manager..they dont expect Robin to last much more than a few more days sadly...
    It's all right Norris. He's going home to glory very soon.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It's all right Norris. He's going home to glory very soon.

Roberta
    I thought about Robin Gibb tonight while watching Glee. The show did a Bee Gees / Saturday Night Fever tribute.

Thanks Roberta 75 and thank you Nomis. At least we have some real facts from somewhere. Well, we can keep praying for his soul. These are verey nice replies everyone is sending. Thanks!

This is hot off the presses. I'm trying to be positive, but not go into denial. Many times I've heard [[and experienced with one of my sisters) of people rallying before they transition. Well, we'll see what God's will is.

http://www.highlighthollywood.com/20...ollywood-news/

honest man Guest
    I see he's out of coma, Robin keep up the good fight,cheers.

It looks like the prayers of Roberta and the many members here have paid off.

Well done.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    It looks like the prayers of Roberta and the many members here have paid off.

Well done.

Penny
    It is the will of God Penny. He only calls his faithful home when their time has come. May Mr. Robin Gibb enjoy this time with his loved ones.

God is good.

Roberta

Yes, it sure is Roberta. I hope he can withstand the long road ahead for him. Right now things sure appear on the upswing for him. Let me continue to be wrong! I love being wrong about these things things! LOL!!!

God is good, all the time!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-recovery.html

This is sweet. I know his family must be jubilant.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/12834165.cms