[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Martha Reeves Back on the charts!

THE CRYSTAL METHOD DEBUTS AT #47* WITH ‘I’M NOT LEAVING’
    The Crystal Method debut at #47* on the Billboard Dance Chart this week with the Martha Reeves featured single I’m Not Leaving. The track is part of the Re:Generation Music Project which combines classic artists with contemporaries from varying genres.

The I’m Not Leaving remix EP is available now on iTunes. Listen to the Static Revenger rework below.

http://blog.promotion-us.com/the-cry...im-not-leaving

I am so pleased for Martha. Well done Martha, you go girl!

It´s a good track and it sounded even better just recently live on Jimmy Kimmel.

That is excellent for Martha!

Incredible. Good research Loveblind.

Can I ask, what is Jimmy Kimmel? Is it a TV program?

Thank you Blueskies.

That's pretty good promotion for Martha. I'm pleased for her.

I could weep with joy. Martha Reeves, my Martha, the First Lady of Motown and the voice of the sixties is back in the charts. It couldn't happen to a sweeter and more beautiful lady.

You go Miss Martha Reeves you hitmaker.

Love you,

Roberta

This is the best news EVER! Let's hope it keeps going!!

U go Martha--who woulda thought- you NEVER know!

Ah HA! I knew it was going to happen! LOL! I knew she would keep moving forward after all that mess with Detroit City Council. Martha is back on the charts! I love it!

Wow, that's great! Good for Miss Martha! Wouldn't it be awesome if it reached #1?

That appearance on "Jimmy" really did Martha wonders; what a great performance. I was most impressed by her new Vandellas. Now that she's replaced her sisters, I wonder what they are up to? I bet Delphine would be a good AVON rep.

Does she not continue to tour with Delphine and Lois? I got the sense that different backup singers are being used for these promotional appearances since this track is a solo recording, rather than a Vandellas recording?

Great to see Martha back on the Billboard charts. I wish them continued success.

The best way to support this is to buy it! I am loving this song since I've heard it first here.

Ad I just bought it on iTunes, it's also available in the Netherlands [[!), but search for the song title, that makes it easier.

we all knew it was possible, just takes....AIRPLAY. Congratulations Martha !

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Does she not continue to tour with Delphine and Lois? I got the sense that different backup singers are being used for these promotional appearances since this track is a solo recording, rather than a Vandellas recording?

Great to see Martha back on the Billboard charts. I wish them continued success.
    When I spoke to Lois she told me that when promoters ask for "Martha Reeves & the Vandellas," the sisters perform. However, sometimes the promoters just want "Martha Reeves."

Thanks mellow_q.

2nd week on the charts, now number 33!

http://www.billboard.com/artist/the-...-reeves/176386

That's wonderful news! I bet the track will continue to climb up the charts after Martha appears on "Dancing With the Stars" this week.

Good to see our alumni Martha and Lionel Ritchie back on the charts showing them how its done.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    2nd week on the charts, now number 33!

http://www.billboard.com/artist/the-...-reeves/176386
    This is great news. With the right promotion, the song will keep rising. It is just a great recording. Go Martha!

exactly....buy the track on itunes, now!!!

With Martha's appearance on Dancing With the Stars this week, this song is likely to shoot further up the charts.

Well done Miss Martha Reeves, The First Lady of Motown.

Roberta

This chart is based on DJ playlist reports at the biggest dance clubs in the nation, not itunes sales or radio play. This means When your out in the clubs, request it! Hopefully the more people that do will mean higher rankings on those reports. Would be great to get Martha to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    This chart is based on DJ playlist reports at the biggest dance clubs in the nation, not itunes sales or radio play. This means When your out in the clubs, request it! Hopefully the more people that do will mean higher rankings on those reports. Would be great to get Martha to the top.
    Nah! It is much more important to buy it! CASH is KING! Ask Martha. Ask the other musicians on the record. Chart positions are nice, but buy it first, request it in a club when you can........

Agreed, Marv!!!

I cant help buy to thunk if florence blonde Ballatrd would had been alloud to live she will have a hit to one day

smark21 Guest
    So will Martha be performing the new song with The Crystal Method on DWTS? Or will she just be doing Dancing in the Streets?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    So will Martha be performing the new song with The Crystal Method on DWTS? Or will she just be doing Dancing in the Streets?
    I would love to see Martha do both on DWTS, but then I'm terribly selfish when it comes to my favorite singer, the First Lady of Motown - Miss Martha Reeves. LOL

Roberta

there's no way that they'll have her do the new track;
    either "Heat Wave" or "Dancing In The Steet"....or both..[[I prefer "Jimmy Mack" myself...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    there's no way that they'll have her do the new track;
    either "Heat Wave" or "Dancing In The Steet"....or both..[[I prefer "Jimmy Mack" myself...)
    No, no she will not be doing the new song; it does not fit the theme of the show. Martha's new record, "I Ain't Going Nowhere" is more of a protest type song. They'll have her stick to the classic Motown hits I am sure.

Why did MARTHA REEVES only perform once on DWTS, while the Tempts and Smokey performed more than three songs each?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Why did MARTHA REEVES only perform once on DWTS, while the Tempts and Smokey performed more than three songs each?
    Miss Martha Reeves performed twice if you count the opening number. Martha Reeves was absolutely wonderful on DWTS. Her opening long dress was fantastic and she looked so beautiful, and the place erupted when she sang Dancing in the Streets. Her short silver dress was that she wore when she performed Jimmy Mack was foxy, and once again Miss Martha Reeves proved why she is the first Lady of Motown Records and has a voice that keeps getting better and better with age.

Yes, Martha Reeves stole the show tonight.

Martha's very happy #1 fan Roberta.

Wow... amazing news.

my "Jimmy Mack" request came through!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Miss Martha Reeves performed twice if you count the opening number. Martha Reeves was absolutely wonderful on DWTS. Her opening long dress was fantastic and she looked so beautiful, and the place erupted when she sang Dancing in the Streets. Her short silver dress was that she wore when she performed Jimmy Mack was foxy, and once again Miss Martha Reeves proved why she is the first Lady of Motown Records and has a voice that keeps getting better and better with age.

Yes, Martha Reeves stole the show tonight.

Martha's very happy #1 fan Roberta.
    I REPLAYED THE SHOW on the DVR. You are right , Martha Reeves did perform one and half songs.

I met Martha at a DooWop show with Johnny and the Hurricanes. I sat next to her for 2 hours and didn't know it until she was invited on stage.
    I was playing lead guitar with the Hurricanes and also got to meet Dave Yorko and Butch Matice !
    I have a nice picture here but this site won't let me upload it, at the moment.

For those of you that do not have a Google account:

What's the latest with the song on the Dance chart? I don't have access to that chart.

Peaked at #24 two weeks ago, fell to #31 last week. Shame it didn't go further.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Peaked at #24 two weeks ago, fell to #31 last week. Shame it didn't go further.....
    Still on the charts though which is great for the first lady of Motown records, Miss Martha Reeves.

This huge fan of Martha's is very happy.

Roberta

That is great news. I am so happy for Martha and for Detroit.

Penny

I am sure Martha Reeves is thrilled! An accomplishment for sure.

It's a shame Martha's record didn't go higher on the Dance chart. Martha now has a charting career of 6 decades. Not many performers can say that. Curious though: how is the single billed? The Crystal Method with Martha Reeves? Featuring Martha Reeves? And Martha Reeves?

I certainly hope she'll take her Vandellas out of retirement and hit the road with this new found success. I sure hope Delphine isn't too busy selling Avon to help her sister out.

The Crystal Method Featuring Martha Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    It's a shame Martha's record didn't go higher on the Dance chart. Martha now has a charting career of 6 decades. Not many performers can say that. Curious though: how is the single billed? The Crystal Method with Martha Reeves? Featuring Martha Reeves? And Martha Reeves?

I certainly hope she'll take her Vandellas out of retirement and hit the road with this new found success. I sure hope Delphine isn't too busy selling Avon to help her sister out.
    To be accurate, Martha has had a career spanning 6 decades but only charted in 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    To be accurate, Martha has had a career spanning 6 decades but only charted in 3 of them.
    Finally, some accuracy on SDF! LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Diana Ross charted in the 60's, 70's, 80's,90's,2000's and RIGHT NOW!![[with Central Park DVD!)
    Not to take away from Diane but what does her chart success have to do with Miss Martha Reeves?

Roberta

I've always found Martha to be down-to-earth, very fan-friendly & extremely friendly. She once gave me a photography tip & I've never forgotten it & always thank her for it whenever I see her.

Martha's more than alright with me & I'm happy to see that even after the passage of time, that her name & voice finds their way onto ANY chart in the year 2012.

Go Martha & I look forward to seeing her visit my city again soon. Lois & Delphine too & the same for Annette & Roz. I love ALL of The Vandellas & have found them all to be nothing less than gracious to their fans.

Martha showed me how she rolls her own cigarettes. Lois calls me "Grandpaw" LOL!