[REMOVE ADS]

tony newton music-movie-book bundle

Hello Everyone!
    Great to see such a live and thriving forum on Detroit musicians and history. Please hit me up with any questions and I will do my best to answer them. In the meantime here is some news:

I have a newly released Movie-Book-CD, If you liked Standing in the Shadows of Motown you will enjoy Groovemonster- Firstly let me say that I was deeply hurt not to be included in the film especially since I am the one that took Jamersons place with the Miracles, as well in the movie when they had landed in London England but that Jamerson was not with them-It was little ol' me and you will see footage of me playing the tour with the Funks in Groovemonster as well as hear Jack Ashford's interview about why I was not included. I was also the only one to play WITH Jamerson simultaneously [[2 Basses) on the #1 Hits: Stop in the Name of Love-Baby Love-Where Did Our Love Go- Nowhere to Run and Reach Out. Also I am NOW playing/touring with the Funk Brothers[[Jack Ashford) also we have a worldwide tour coming around August with the Supremes[[Mary Wilson), Temptations[[Otis Williams) and the Funk Brothers.

What most of you should now is that My Motown period was just the beginning of my career and I have gone on to do much more work over the years [[Tony Williams Lifetime) most known for. And still going strong today as an artist in my own right instead of a sideman.
    Blessings to you all!
    Tony

Here are a few few links for your perusal:

http://www.GroovemonsterMovie.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/TonyNewtonHistoric

Tony Newton Historical Recordings YouTube Channel

Listen and view over 100 historical recordings and hits that Groovemonster

Tony Newton has played on in his legendary music career.

Tony,
    Is it too early to say what your touring itinerary is? I assume you will be playing in the U.K....... cheers Mike

Tony

I tried to buy the bundle on that site and when I selected United Kingdom, it tells me that there is no cost for shipping. That can't be right! Am I doing something wrong?

Hi
    I will fix that link for international buyers over the weekend-Try agin monday. Thanks for letting me know!

I received an email from Tony informing me he was having some technical problems posting. We're working on it.