[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I say that from this point forward, anytime anyone on any thread attacks another member, no matter how veiled, should get banished to the cornfield with the note "You're a bad man [[or woman), you're a very bad man!" It should not matter if it's a newbie, Supremes fan, or longtime friend, or foe.

Ralph:

Diana, Flo and Mary were three friends that brought a lot of joy into the world. A lot of people miss the music. They just don't get it. They go on about all kinds of stuff, but don't even realise what the people they're talking about actually did. If it was just about personalities and frocks, you and I would never have to work again. We should live long enough to sleep our way to the top. But some of us are still making music. You are, anyway; I'm still sleeping and it's not looking good this lifetime.

You lay it out there the way it is, Dave. My major flaw is I'm still making music. Sleep is sounding better everyday.

I wish I was making music!

Soul,
    In reality, there is nothing quite like the process. A real buzz. But it comes with a very big price. I guess what it boils down to is, how long do you want to pay the price.

I sorry I dont uunderstsnd are we not allow to talk about the Suprems any more

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Soul,
    In reality, there is nothing quite like the process. A real buzz. But it comes with a very big price. I guess what it boils down to is, how long do you want to pay the price.
    I used to play, and now I am more interested in production, particularly mastering. Problem is that i'm getting too old to get into the mastering business. They don't want old farts. I have done a little small-time mixing.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqueetha_Jackson View Post
    I sorry I dont uunderstsnd are we not allow to talk about the Suprems any more
    We are not allowed to ARGUE about the Supremes. I'm thinking that Ralph is so steamed about it that he probably doesn't even want to see new threads about them, or anyone related to them, at least for a while. Main thing is, he's sick of the stupid cat-fighting and baiting.

Hey Ralph I for one enjoy The supreme threads I just hate the bickering. I say, one warning to the offender and then out they go. It's so said that there is someone putting one member down to lift up another. Someone started a thread on Cindy Birdsong that's been going pretty well right now I just hope it stay that way.

Soul,
    Its a drag getting old and turned out to pasture. I wish you good luck.

I'm all for a good Supremes thread. I'm not banning Supreme conversation. I simply don't want to happen, what usually always happens with these subjects.
    It would be a drag for me to have to zap an entire thread as a result of one pin-head, but if I don't there are ramifications on the other side, lamenting the slow demise of SD forum. And there is a lot of truth in that concern. We have been blessed to have some very interesting individuals drift through here, and I know, I have lost some of these because of some of the stupidity that was going on here from time to time.

I miss many of those people, and if getting a little more aggressive with BS, will possibly bring some of them back, then that is what I must do. It is all rather quite simple, but seemingly so unnecessary.

No one wants to come here and see nothing but Supremes/Diana Ross threads all day long. It's probably fine for the Supremes fanatics, but not for everyone else who doesn't care as much about them.

I've even started a Diana Ross or Supremes thread with a different angle. One guy did start something on one of them, but at least it wasn't ruined by the bickering the we usually see.

I'm all for a good Supremes thread. I'm not banning Supreme conversation. I simply don't want to happen, what usually always happens with these subjects.
    It would be a drag for me to have to zap an entire thread as a result of one pin-head, but if I don't there are ramifications on the other side, lamenting the slow demise of SD forum. And there is a lot of truth in that concern. We have been blessed to have some very interesting individuals drift through here, and I know, I have lost some of these because of some of the stupidity that was going on here from time to time.

I miss many of those people, and if getting a little more aggressive with BS, will possibly bring some of them back, then that is what I must do. It is all rather quite simple, but seemingly so unnecessary.
    Everyone must understand that civility and respect cost nothing. You'll actually feel spiritually enriched if you practice both.

Fondly,

Roberta

I'm glad to read this Ralph as we have been begging for more intervention. In the early days of SDF this sort of thing didn't happen and it was refreshing to come here and share ideas, knowledge and release info.

One can express an opinion without using profanity and name calling.

smark21 Guest
    I logged on Easter because I don’t allow the posts on this forum the power to ruin my day. Of course I’m just a member and don’t have the responsibility of moderating this place.
    In recent weeks Ralph has put up several posts expressing anger and frustration with certain aspects of moderating this forum. That’s why I’m curious on a day he’s set aside to enjoy with family and friends that he would log on and take the chance that something might be happening to put a damper on his day. I find when a situation is aggravating me that it’s wise to take a mental health day and take a day off from the situation.
    Ralph I get that the good part of coming here is an opportunity to interact with friends and discuss the music you love and you had a hand in making. But you have made some posts expressing anger and frustration and sometimes it does a body well to take a day or two off. Time lends perspective.

How about, its my responsibility, Smark. And it is something I want to do.

smark21 Guest
    That’s fine Ralph. But then you owe it to yourself not to complain and lash out if a special day is ruined because you come on here and you have to deal with some nonsense.

What difference would it make, Smark. If trouble is going on and I don't check the forum, I'm bound to hear about it from someone, so I check things out. Goes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    That’s fine Ralph. But then you owe it to yourself not to complain and lash out if a special day is ruined because you come on here and you have to deal with some nonsense.
    And, you owe it to yourself not to post on those violate threads.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Soulster, he loves to post on the volatile threads, because he presides over a yahoo group that exists primarily to disparage everyone on this board, including you.

I belong to a Yahoo group?????????

I think the comment was aimed at Smark, not you Ralph!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    I think the comment was aimed at Smark, not you Ralph!
    It certainly was aimed at Smark.

Oh, okay. But lets not allow this thread to turn sour.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I logged on Easter because I don’t allow the posts on this forum the power to ruin my day.
    I don't get it. How would not logging on ruin your day?

I had a funny thought. What if this thread went bad and I had to delete it. Now THAT would be ironical!

the only survivors of a nuclear war will be cockroaches & supremes fans

And they will outlast the roaches, I'm afraid.

I had a funny thought. What if this thread went bad and I had to delete it. Now THAT would be ironical!
    Even worse - if you were responsible for it going bad, you'd have to ban yourself!

Yesterday was Easter Sunday. I can't even spend a holiday with my family without coming home to some sort of stupid problem, generally related to the Supremes, Diana[[Diane) Ross, Mary Wilson or some other related to this category. In come all the complaining emails about some thing or some one that I need to try and smooth over along with the usual tripe that SD isn't what it once was etc etc.

So.....here is my solution:
    All it will take is just One[[1) of these threads to go south and I will delete the entire menu of threads that relate to these artists and ban everyone that contributed to it's demise. Don't believe me? Try me! I am sick of it.
    got my vote ralph.i can respect [[i can really!)another point of view,i can disagree with an opinion.but i cant "be doing" with out and out nasty,offensive remarks,written by people hiding behind a keyboard.its all about people giving themselves a lonely pat on the back for some remark that they hope has "injured" a member of this forum [[and probably targeted at specific individuals) which is the whole point of 99% of the DRAT threads and absolutely nothing to do with a discusion on the thread title.keeps the pot boiling and makes some sorry individual very happy!
    Last edited by tamla617; 04-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Looks like i'll have to add another person to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    the only survivors of a nuclear war will be cockroaches & supremes fans
    ...and Cher!

Oh yeah. Sorry Carlo, I forgot. Yeah, Cher.

Hotspurman,
    I never thought about that, but you are absolutely correct.

Ralph

You have my vote on whatever you decide.

Don't let the nabobs of negativism get to you.

edafan

Oh yeah. Sorry Carlo, I forgot. Yeah, Cher.
    Cher? I never heard of hardcore Cher fans.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Soulster, he loves to post on the volatile threads, because he presides over a yahoo group that exists primarily to disparage everyone on this board, including you.
    That’s true. By the way Jill, you haven’t posted in our group in a while. I believe you’re in the group as Martika Candelabra? Why don’t you post again? It’s been a while since you mixed it up over there.

I'm working on it edafan.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I think I’m now on his now rather vast Ignore list, but I’ll ask anyway. Soulster, do you have ambitions to become a moderator here? I have a hunch that you do.

Smark,
    Leave it alone, please.

Ralph, sometimes the only way to deal with some people is to not deal with them at all, and that means to use the ignore feature.

smark21 Guest
    I think I’ve said more than enough on this thread. Case closed here. Have a good weekend.

Ralph, this is one less poster you have to worry about. I've respected your "house" from the door and will continue to do so. I rarely go into those threads and had no idea of the animus that goes on in them. With or without the Supremes, my world will continue to spin. Good luck!

Hey Nosey,
    If there ever was anyone that I never worry about, it is you. You are a gem.

Ralph, this is one less poster you have to worry about. I've respected your "house" from the door and will continue to do so. I rarely go into those threads and had no idea of the animus that goes on in them. With or without the Supremes, my world will continue to spin. Good luck!
    Nosey is right, so have I and many others......Ralph I hope you make your decision soon and take whatever action necessary to correct this continuous problem. The necessity of this thread speaks for itself. Some of the replies you've received are indicative of how widespread this problem actually is. There are people who question your actions and we all know the computer identities of those who partake in this behavior. We also know that there are members with hidden agendas who enjoy and employ various measures to attack and disrupt. You cant please everyone, but something must be done, quickly and efficiently. Enough is enough. Even this thread will head south until and unless something is done. You mentioned the word "responsible", in truth that's asking a lot from the general population but its necessary, rules have already been established to govern behavior, enforce them as you see fit. You are the Roger Goodell of SDF, and like you said the responsibility is yours.

You've posted the notice and now we know, the rest is up to us. Personally I'd begin by closing this thread. Onward.........

I agree. Close this thread before it becomes a playground for the disruptive elements and they get themselves banned. It's set: attack another member and you're out!

Paladin and Soulster,
    I agree. It is time to close this thread to further posting. I think enough has been said on the subject and further posting could very well deteriorate the threads positive content. From what I can gather about all of this is responsible forum members are tired of the senseless bickering that arises from time to time over basically nothing. So, thank you one and all for your opinions. This thread is closed.