[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations live on with the youth!

Cal Street sent me this link s here is a little explanation from her

FYI - Bertha and I participated with the 4-6 grade choir at Spring Valley Elementary in Kalamazoo a few weeks ago. This is a K-6 school, and the choirs for each grade sang a variety of Motown songs to a LIVE BAND! The kindergartners sang My Girl and Baby Love, the 5-6 graders did Dancing In The Street and Thriller! They sang I'll Be There, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, and they did Needle In A Haystack with me and Bertha, routines and all. I can't remember every song they did because we did not know it would be an all out school concert! We thought they just had us as special guest for a school program. We didn't realize that it was a Motown theme concert until we got there! Get this, they did the routines on every song, and big black records with colorful centers that had the names of Motown groups, including the Velvelettes, were on the wall behind the stage. I tell you, it was a two-hour concert and there was never a dull moment, with a SRO audience of families, friends and teachers, etc.

Love it! How fabulous is that! Best post for a good while! Mike

Oh my, that is FABULOUS!

Kalamazoo...makes me homesick. Go Broncos!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vcq View Post
    Oh my, that is FABULOUS!

Kalamazoo...makes me homesick. Go Broncos!
    Where in Kalamazoo did you grow up vcq? I grew up on Oakland Dr. between Chevy Chase and Winchell.

That was really special. They had the choreography down! It is interesting also in that they are about the age I was when "My Girl" was brand new song! hehehehehehe.........

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Where in Kalamazoo did you grow up vcq? I grew up on Oakland Dr. between Chevy Chase and Winchell.
    I grew up in Lakeview [[Battle Creek), but my mom grew up in Kalamazoo [[Fairbanks Ave.). Both my mom and I got our undergrad degrees from Western. I miss Michigan!!

smark21 Guest
    Well I hope neither you or your mom had my dad as a history prof as he could be a tough nut as a teacher, lol. I was back in Kalamazoo in May 2012 after being away for years..the town sure has changed since the 70’s and early 80’s when I was growing up there.