[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Go All The Way - The Isley Brothers

I guess this album has been forgotten by many because it hadn't been issued on CD until just a couple of year or two ago, but it's one of their best!

The album hit the street in the spring of 1980, and had a hit single "Don't Say Goodnight [[It's Time For Love) [[Pts. 1 & 2)". In fact, the actual producer of that album was Chris Jasper, who, with Ernie Isley, actually wrote and produced most of their songs. Jasper says that Ronnie [[Isley) nailed "Don't Say Goodnight) in one take. It sounded so good that he didn't even mix it or add overdubs! What you hear is Ronald just singing to the backing track.

But, my favorite songs are "Go All The Way" "Say You Will", and "Here We Go Again".

The Isley Brothers were an excellent band that held up extremely well over time. I didn't realize how much I liked their music until I picked up the "T-Neck Years" collection a few years ago and could listen to every cut and remember it well. I think it is fair to say they are among the most underrated R&B bands ever and can put their output up against anyone.