[REMOVE ADS]

Two questions about the drifters

Hey gang,i was sitting here wondering about two things concerning our old friends[the drifters]firstly,how many of them are still with us i believe that[charlie thomas-ben e.king]are still alive but who else is outthere from the golden days of the group?and what happened to the book that was planned some years ago about thier history[rockin and driftin]i think was the title?oh and i do belive that this is the sixtieth year since thier inception[1953-2013]congrats to all the drifters and thanks for all the great music.

Jai, your question peaked my curiosity and I ran across this site you might find interesting.... especially the public notice at the bottom of the front page and the F&Q section.

http://www.thedrifters.co.uk/

Bobby hendricks

Bobby Hendricks of "Itchy Twitchy Feeling" fame was a Drifter at one time and is still with us.I saw him at PBS taping a few years back appearing with Bill Pinckney who passed a few months after the taping.

Thanks all,i had forgotten about[bobby hendricks]ms.m the article is interesting,i didn't know that the treadwell family still had the drifters name i know of course some of the history with george treadwell and the second set of drifters with[ben e.king]and how he paid them very little[100 dollars]per wk which didn't set well at all with the group and is the reason ben left,thanks again!

You're welcome Jai. I'm glad you enjoyed the site. I also found it interesting it was out of the UK.