[REMOVE ADS]

El Debarge arrested, again!!!

Last edited by dvus7; 03-21-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Dang! Not again!

Man, I wish there was something we could do to help.

Very sad. But hope springs eternal.

He was with Whitney two nights before she passed. He did not look good. I was hoping that he would forget about the Grammys and just go home to Grand Rapids. Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Man, I wish there was something we could do to help.
    The poor man needs a very long stay in rehab couples with a 12 step program.

May God help him find sobriety.

Roiberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The poor man needs a very long stay in rehab couples with a 12 step program.

May God help him find sobriety.

Roiberta
    Uh uh! Didn't you read the article? He was arrested for possession with the intent to distribute. He was dealing! He needs to go back to jail. I support El and all the Debarges, but he was doing more than scoring for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Uh uh! Didn't you read the article? He was arrested for possession with the intent to distribute. He was dealing! He needs to go back to jail. I support El and all the Debarges, but he was doing more than scoring for personal use.
    I respectfully ask that you to put me on ignore. This is my final communication with you.

You ignore me and I'll ignore you. Cool?

Thank you in advance.

Roberta

RossHolloway Guest
    Addiction is both a powerful and terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Addiction is both a powerful and terrible thing.
    Yes it is RossHolloway. Addiction wrecks families and lives. One can only pray the addict gets help before they kill themselves or God forbid someone else.

Roberta

Sad but not surprising at all

Hey, marv2

You are exactly right!!!! But I think/hope that his attorney can get the charge reduced!!!! Or he is looking at some time, again!!

And he was the DeBarge that had it together...

The good thing for him is that, once he does his time, he has a better support network behind him than the average person who makes the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Hey, marv2

You are exactly right!!!! But I think/hope that his attorney can get the charge reduced!!!! Or he is looking at some time, again!!
    Thank you. I know, right? He is looking at some time in the joint because he just got released from prison about two years ago for similar offenses. He is lucky he got busted in California and not his home State of Michigan where he would be looking at 20 years of hard time seriously.

Oh he is going back. His brother James is in LA County Jail now. Like I said, I morally support the Debarge family. But knowing El from back in the day in Michigan, I know he is a trouble magnet! Dude has 11 kids and should sometimes think about them before going off..... Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    And he was the DeBarge that had it together...

The good thing for him is that, once he does his time, he has a better support network behind him than the average person who makes the same mistake.
    Exactly! He has had a very strong support network. In fact, when he released the last time, I think in early 2009, he moved in and was living with his last producer and his wife. They had El on a heath food diet and exercise program......the works! Most people that get released from prison have to struggle to survive the best way that they can, not get to move into a ready made mini-mansion in LA!

I'm not standing up for him but I know that in many jurisdictions if you are in possession you are automatically charged with possession with intent to distribute, or similar wording.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I'm not standing up for him but I know that in many jurisdictions if you are in possession you are automatically charged with possession with intent to distribute, or similar wording.
    It's different in NY then. It makes me wonder how he keeps getting busted.

Thank you. I know, right? He is looking at some time in the joint because he just got released from prison about two years ago for similar offenses. He is lucky he got busted in California and not his home State of Michigan where he would be looking at 20 years of hard time seriously.

Oh he is going back. His brother James is in LA County Jail now. Like I said, I morally support the Debarge family. But knowing El from back in the day in Michigan, I know he is a trouble magnet! Dude has 11 kids and should sometimes think about them before going off..... Just my opinion.
    Hey Marv, incarceration is California's biggest business and I bet the sentences here are harsher than in Michigan. Remember we started the 3 Strikes Law, where on your 3rd felony - regardless of its nature - you can go to prison for life. That's why you hear about guys going to prison for stealing a pizza [[a famous case). The first 2 have to be violent felonies, but not the third. The pro-prison lobby here is enormous. Since the defense industry imploded, prisons really are California's "main attraction," sadly.

Dude, seriously, does this guy have 11 kids???

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Hey Marv, incarceration is California's biggest business and I bet the sentences here are harsher than in Michigan. Remember we started the 3 Strikes Law, where on your 3rd felony - regardless of its nature - you can go to prison for life. That's why you hear about guys going to prison for stealing a pizza [[a famous case). The first 2 have to be violent felonies, but not the third. The pro-prison lobby here is enormous. Since the defense industry imploded, prisons really are California's "main attraction," sadly.

I don't know about that now. I know one guy that's been in since 1990. Another that went in 1988 and was released in 2005. It was the first incarceration for both of those guys. I know others that have been in and out and in again with 3-5 year stints. In Michigan if the crime is drug related [[i.e. trafficking...) or gun related, they will throw the book at you!

Regarding El's kids? Yep that's the right number [[as far as he knows, hehehehehehe....!)

Interesting that you mentioned prisons/incarceration being CA's biggest business. One of my best buddies growing up works I believe as a Prison Counselor out there and has for years.

Cover of "Jet". El has 12 children, not 11. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!

http://www.eurweb.com/2010/12/el-deb...ildren-in-jet/
    Last edited by marybrewster; 03-22-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Yikes! I wouldn't want his Child Support bill. Marv, I guess you blinked and missed one! LOL

El started breeding when he was 15 or 16. His oldest is mid-30's. His youngest is a baby; probably 2 or 3.

How would you like a sibling 30-some years younger than you? LOL. El needs to concentrate on sobriety, not reproducing. If he ever got his sh*t together, he could probably do a reality show:

"El and the Family"?
    "DeOffspring"?
    "Who's Holding the Baby Now"?
    "The Rhythm Method Doesn't Work at Night"?
    "Who is Johnny....Is He One of My 12 Kids"?

The possibilities are endless.....

Marybrewster...stop...I can't stand it!

He may have more! "Mama's baby, Daddy's maybe........" LOL!

Yikes! I wouldn't want his Child Support bill. Marv, I guess you blinked and missed one! LOL
    He may have had one recently. I have not been in touch with any of them in a couple of years now.

EL DEBARGE
    Off the Hook After Drug Arrest

"Rhythm of the Night" singer El DeBarge is in the clear after he was arrested for drug possession this week -- because the L.A. County D.A. has declined to file charges.

According to official D.A. documents, the case was rejected due to insufficient evidence.

TMZ broke the story ... DeBarge was arrested on Tuesday for felony possession of narcotics with intent to sell -- the singer's third drug arrest since 2001.

According to the docs, police officers noticed DeBarge and another man speaking on the street -- and for some reason, decided to search them ... without giving a reason why.

After searching them and coming up with nothing -- cops claim they perused the surrounding area ... and found a baggie of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car.

The other man insisted he was there to buy the rock from DeBarge -- but DeBarge denied the accusation ... and the D.A. decided there wasn't enough evidence to make the charge stick.

Maybe someone should start a similar thread on Bobby"You know,the crazy one"Brown. He had all those legal and famila issues in the early aughts. [[2000's) Say call it: "It's My Perogative."

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Maybe someone should start a similar thread on Bobby"You know,the crazy one"Brown. He had all those legal and famila issues in the early aughts. [[2000's) Say call it: "It's My Perogative."
    Bobby has been working on himself. He recently lost 100 lbs! You go Bobby! LOL!

El started breeding when he was 15 or 16. His oldest is mid-30's. His youngest is a baby; probably 2 or 3.

How would you like a sibling 30-some years younger than you? LOL. El needs to concentrate on sobriety, not reproducing. If he ever got his sh*t together, he could probably do a reality show:

"El and the Family"?
    "DeOffspring"?
    "Who's Holding the Baby Now"?
    "The Rhythm Method Doesn't Work at Night"?
    "Who is Johnny....Is He One of My 12 Kids"?

The possibilities are endless.....
    Don't forget: "All This Love Is Waiting For You!"

Don't forget: "All This Love Is Waiting For You!"
    You confuse me sometimes when you dig up these old threads from years ago. When I saw this one again, I was thinking that El had gotten into trouble again.

You confuse me sometimes when you dig up these old threads from years ago. When I saw this one again, I was thinking that El had gotten into trouble again.
    Sorry, Marv. Not my intention. ImI "Lost in Music!"

Sorry, Marv. Not my intention. ImI "Lost in Music!"
    But you do understand what I mean, right?