[REMOVE ADS]

'You Keep Me Hangin' On' like NEVER before

Guys I just got this from Google alerts. My only comment is: Why?
    soundcloud.com/soundremedy/the-supremes-you-keep-me

I suppose the answer could be "Why not?" While it's not my cup of tea I'm glad to see the song still being appreciated and loved in 2012...

I actually like it. Too much electronic SFX in some parts, but I like what they did with it. Very creative.

An interesting take to be sure, but I grew bored with it and didn't listen all the way through. I kept waiting for the original's incessant guitar lick intro that sounds like a harpsichord, which to me is really the signature of the song and gives it its edginess, but the remix never got to it [[at least in the first 3 minutes). A good try, but I think it doesn't have enough of the original to keep the interest though maybe that's not an issue for the electronica fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    An interesting take to be sure, but I grew bored with it and didn't listen all the way through. I kept waiting for the original's incessant guitar lick intro that sounds like a harpsichord, which to me is really the signature of the song and gives it its edginess, but the remix never got to it [[at least in the first 3 minutes). A good try, but I think it doesn't have enough of the original to keep the interest though maybe that's not an issue for the electronica fans.
    Yep, you hit the nail on the head Kenneth. I know at 56 I'm considered an 'old fart' but I think by now I know what's palatable, repeatable and [[more importantly) will stand the test of time.

Love of music is so subjective and that's the best thing about it - I can only imagine that the young people of today will still love "their" music when they're older just as we do...

Actually, I am not that young but I can appreciate what they did with it. I can see it being played in some clubs. Lord knows I have walked into some of these clubs today and thought WTF is that playing.

Not for me.

Why? Why on earth?