[REMOVE ADS]

Who would be good to produce Diana's next cd?

Id love to hear her back with Ashford and Simpson.

Don't we all! :-) Or George Duke, I think he could produce a nice jazz/pop/R&B CD for her.

At her time of life and this stage in her career does she actually need a 'next CD'? Just a thought.

More CD's mean more Greatest Hits mean more songs to perform during a live show mean longer shows...LOL

I was hoping for an HDH album but maybe Mary Wilson has pipped her to the post. I'm still happy though.

I'd like Sylvia Moy to be given the task. Sylvia produced some outstanding output at Motown.

If she wants to appeal to the audience she has, that is reducing due to age and time, then old school people like Ashford and Simpson are great.

There are reports around that I Love You sold over 600,000 copies...........so maybe it works to do that kind of CD.

I think I'd prefer somebody new; at least new to her; and I think I'd prefer her to stay where she was...........MOR, R & B, Jazz. Nothing in the Workin Overtime mode.

although Workin Overtime didnt work [[there still a couple of tracks I like on it..)Take Me Higher and Everyday were strong efforts...I love You not so..I fear the producers dont know how to direct diana vocally..I suspect Diana does what she wants rather than actually being produced at all..certainly the last cd felt like that..If she is going to work with someone like Nick and Val she has to be prepared to push herself vocally..and she dosent seem to want to do that...thats why she stopped working with Masser because he pushed her and wasnt scared to correct her vocally- something she dosent seem to like as far back as Everything is Everything this was an issue for producers it comes up in Taraborelli's first book on that period..also she needs a proper orchestra not the cheap sounding production of the last cd...Diana also works best when she has a strong vocal backing..tracks like Force and He Lives In You work because the backing voices push her just that little bit harder..

David Foster and Diana Krall & Tommy Lipuma

Those are good choices.

Diana was always best working against other voices, the musicians..........she was at her best when Florence was working hard behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    At her time of life and this stage in her career does she actually need a 'next CD'? Just a thought.
    I agree with Copley. Diana Ross has an impressive body of work that keeps haunting her. It's difficult to top what she's done. It's even harder for an artist like her to come up with something fresh that will atttract new fans and appease long time followers.

I'm not saying she shouldn't make new recordings, but I don't think she needs to.

Diana doesn't NEED a cd per say, but fans SURE would like one! LOL

My Favorite Track on "I love you" was "What About love" that came from "The Color Purple" and with many newer type of Broadway shows such as "Wicked" and "Purple" I think making a cd of newer Broadway shows would have worked and spoken to her core fans much more than going back to 1950's pop or "Crazy Little Thing called Love".

Still, that's Thoughts... I also would love another A&S produced Cd as they did some mighty great work "The Boss"

Bill

I wonder if she could do a CD produced by Bill Withers. Or Michael Buble.

smark21 Guest
    Isn't Bill Withers dead? And Michael Buble doesn't produce himself. In the past he's been produced by David Foster. If Ross were to do another CD, she would be smart to pick someone who specializes in adult oriented pop, or perhaps she can stretch herself and do more of a jazz album as she has the chops for it, though I'm not sure if some of her fans are capable of appreciating such an effort.

I think she would do good with Maxwell, or his people.

I think David Foster. I have the Seal CD of soul classics produced by David Foster and it's great! I like the orchestration and the voice and the selection of songs.
    Diana Ross will do another CD because she is a creative artist, just as she continues to do concerts. Lucky her and Lucky us, as we wait. I'm seeing her next weekend in Toronto.
    Lorne

Mark Ronson, no one does retro soul better these days.......

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Isn't Bill Withers dead? And Michael Buble doesn't produce himself. In the past he's been produced by David Foster. If Ross were to do another CD, she would be smart to pick someone who specializes in adult oriented pop, or perhaps she can stretch herself and do more of a jazz album as she has the chops for it, though I'm not sure if some of her fans are capable of appreciating such an effort.
    Nope bill still with us, he is 72

bill

Buble's last several hit singles [["Everything, Havent Met You Yet),actually have been produced by Bob Rock, not David Foster. David still produces a majority of the album cuts however.

I think she needs to do some more great stuff with Diane Warren. She should also do some more dance/club music [[like "Take Me Higher" or "Carry On")! I would also love to see her do some songs produced by Ashford and Simpson and Smokey Robinson.

You guys have great ideas. And some of you know more about the current crop of producers than I do.

Who has produced Beyonce? Jay Z? What about him?

What about Diana singing with Beyonce? Beyonce is fairly obviously an obvious link in the line of Diana Whitney Beyonce.........isn't she?

Who produces Alicia Keys? I've heard Diana likes her.

I would like to see multiple producers for her including Akon, Terry and Lews, Kenny G, and Lionel Richie.

uptight Guest
    Rob, I'd rather see Diana & Beyoncé in a movie together than in a song.

Correct, Ross doesn't need a new album per se. But the fans deserve one. Lose the team that produced and marketed I Love You, and we'll be in business. It might be good for Diana Krall or David Foster to produce Ross.

RossHolloway Guest
    Well as a fan, I'd like to see Diana do something a little more soulful and less middle of the road. She's been there and has done too much of it. I do wonder what a HDH project would sound like... And I also like someones idea of working with Maxwell, love his stuff. It would be interesting to see how he could lift her voice again. Or else I'd like her to do a Mystery Lady/Etta James type jazz cd, but please only if she uses live, seasoned musicians. Perhaps cover some standards, but also find some new songs to record..put her stamp on them and make them standards. As a fan, the production quality on her last cd did sound a bit below her standard. And no, she should stay away from the Beyonce type/style of music.