[REMOVE ADS]

One More Appeal To Ralph Terrana

marv2

It's not about what I said, it is what she did! There are somewhere between 40-80 video clips of the evidence on Youtube. I know she is your goddess, but she is human to everyone else. She just had an episode of farting at the wrong moment! LOL!!!! Mrs. Powell would not approve, hehehehe

Ralph, could you please justify having this one individual poss such disgusting comments on what was once a reputable, informative website? Must it fall to this extreme?

correction..."post"...

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    marv2

It's not about what I said, it is what she did! There are somewhere between 40-80 video clips of the evidence on Youtube. I know she is your goddess, but she is human to everyone else. She just had an episode of farting at the wrong moment! LOL!!!! Mrs. Powell would not approve, hehehehe

Ralph, could you please justify having this one individual poss such disgusting comments on what was once a reputable, informative website? Must it fall to this extreme?

Disgusting comments? Didn't you see the video? It was a joke! What is your is your deal? Do you want to see the video?

Are we now saying all this talk of the farting was a joke?? After all the posts.................lol

Star and garters! Where is Miss Pearl Bodine when we need her?

I heard Piers Morgan and Montel Williams say recently that "if you talk like a bigot, people think you are a bigot and you are a bigot".

That bears some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Are we now saying all this talk of the farting was a joke?? After all the posts.................lol

Star and garters! Where is Miss Pearl Bodine when we need her?

I heard Piers Morgan and Montel Williams say recently that "if you talk like a bigot, people think you are a bigot and you are a bigot".

That bears some consideration.
    YES! That is exactly what we are saying especially since you posted this first!:

We know that Marv will get anxious and have Dianarheaa whenever another milestone

Marvs post is not to my taste but he has contributed invaluably to this forum for many years,Ive been away for a year so i dont know about any recent dust ups Ive had disagreements with him over topics but Ive found his answers intellegent,thought provoking and interesting..hes been kind,warm and generous to me when I shared here that I was battling an illness..if someone objects to a post so strongly then I feel it should be deleted..I want us all to respect each other..life is too damn short and it really bugs me that Ralph gets these hassles..

Marv's posts may not always be to my taste either, but surely they pale into insignificance when compared to BobC's rant on the "Supremes At the Copa" thread [Post 204]. Now that really is a disgusting post. As I haven't cooled down enough to make a measured response, thanks to Smark21 for nailing a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    correction..."post"...
    BayouMotownMan it's not going to happen. I admire Ralph Terrana he's an unsung behind the scenes Motown legend but unless he gets tough like Berry Gordy did with his recording acts...it ain't going to happen. Sometimes it looks more like Iraq than a moderated forum. Keep up your informative posts I enjoy them.

Awww, c'mon you guys. Do you really want to make an issue out of basically nothing? Iraq, Motown4ever? give me a break.

Mr Ralpht, you're too nice but I respect you...because you were there at Motown. You're a part of rock/pop/soul music history!!!

I appreciate your respect but wish you guys wouldn't go looking for problems that really don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Marvs post is not to my taste but he has contributed invaluably to this forum for many years,Ive been away for a year so i dont know about any recent dust ups Ive had disagreements with him over topics but Ive found his answers intellegent,thought provoking and interesting..hes been kind,warm and generous to me when I shared here that I was battling an illness..if someone objects to a post so strongly then I feel it should be deleted..I want us all to respect each other..life is too damn short and it really bugs me that Ralph gets these hassles..
    Nomis,
    Thank you, thank you. thank you. I couldn't have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I agree, Norris. Many of these accusations that Rick B. hurls around are untrue. And Ralph knows this, and the rest of you need to accept it. It's all about some personal vendetta that Rick can't let go of... all the while Rick has done many things of questionable ethics.

Thank you, Jill. This has gotten a little old, as most of you know. I have mentioned in the past if there is someone you have a problem with all one needs to do is block that individuals posting from your monitor. So very simple.

Marv2, such the provocateur!

Kenneth,
    In a way, so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Kenneth,
    In a way, so are you.
    Really? Ouch!

Amen Ralph, Marv and Jill. Marv also stands up for what he likes and isnt afraid to be clear, despite the crap he gets.

Luke,
    You are so right.

Kenneth,
    Well it appears to me you are doing exactly what you seem to think Marv is doing.

Luke,
    You are so right.

Kenneth,
    Well it appears to me you are doing exactly what you seem to think Marv is doing.
    Well, I was joking about Marv, which I'm sure he understood even if you didn't.

And it appears that you are doing what you tell others not to. Anyway, I get it, so you don't have to feel the need to point it out to me again, thanks.

Many individuals worldwide, NOT just members, come to this site to read about music........they come because they have enthusiasm for the music - as I did.

This is a wonderful place to visit if you really appreciate soul....can we dispense with the arguments? We are all entitled to a point of view, but when it turns nasty, it hurts us all. I am sure this forum was not initially designed to be a place for point scoring. If something comes up that you object to, why not let it ride... there are much much, more serious things in life.. life and death issues.....and as for Ralph, come on, this is a great guy who freely gives of his time, intellect and devotion to a forum with no reward other than the occasional thanks.... it does not function without him, but please don't hold him responsible for every quip, statement, obnoxious rant or intelligent discourse.... he's not the policeman of the world,

cheers Mike

It's one of the basic traps of internet some of us fall into from time to time. It's very tempting, I too know the feeling. It's the absence of a lifted eye brow, the absence of a certain smile around the lips behind assumebly harsh words, the absence of a wink of the eye, the absence of body language... we all know it and some of us keep falling into that trap.
    Take this as a reminder. And use smileys more often! I will!

robbert

Very good points, Mike and Robbert.
    Kenneth. I had no way to know that you were joking, so I apologize if I offended.

Hello Raplh, thank you and I say hello to you and hope you and your family are well. Although we probably will never meet in person, I feel sort of a family feeling around you, which makes me smile

Robbert, and another

Very good points, Mike and Robbert.
    Kenneth. I had no way to know that you were joking, so I apologize if I offended.
    I was more taken aback than anything. Forget it.

[little boy's voice] "So... can we be friends again now?"

Naw use the ignore button it is so much more effective. I was about to bounce until I really discovered it.

I'll think about that, capt'n.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Marv2, such the provocateur!
    Kenneth! I beg your pardon? What does that mean? hehehehehehe.......

No. Invaluable information does not give one a free pass to do whatever they want, say whatever they want, and act however they want. And it's not childish to expect people to act like the adults they claim they are, especially if you go out of your way to try and treat the situation like one. If you want to be a two faced coward, then don't do it on a message board. It's pathetic.

Yeah, I'm extremely annoyed. Because I was openly disrespected on this board for no reason. And when I asked Ralph to address the obvious, outright blatant disrespect, I got ignored by him in return. I attempted to handle the sitaution like an adult, and even apologized for my harsh words. All I asked for an apology in return for this other person's false insinuations and nasty remarks. That was all. Instead he went out of his way to give me a sarcastic brush off in return. That's not acceptable and that's not okay. And that was your job to address that, Ralph. Because it was extremely out of line and uncalled for. And you know you would have addressed it had the same level of disrespect even been shown to you. Let's be real, you would have flat out banned that person. Don't tell others to accept what you wouldn't stand for.

I do have respect for you Ralph, but after the last two weeks I don't feel you have any for me as a member of this board. It seems to me you play favorites. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

You're gonna tell everyone else to just use the ignore button, yet you go out of your way to defend this person on a regular basis? Let's not sugarcoat it, it's the elephant in the room. And I know I'm not the only one who notices this. Perhaps you should tell Mister 2 to take that advice and ignore topics or certain people or certain conversations that offend them. After all, this problem would not have happened had said person taken that advice and not intervened in a conversation that had nothing to even do with him in the first place. Nevermind insinuating that I had some "agenda" for posting here, even though I repeatedly told him he was WRONG.

Why not give everyone else a break for a change? Seems to me there's one main problem on this board, yet it's everyone else's fault whenever this same problem occurs over and over again. If there are two sets of rules, then you put it on the rules pages of this board, plain and simple.

I'm out. I'm not posting here anymore. I enjoyed a lot of you on this board, and the conversation could be great, but this just angered me beyond belief. It could have been handled in a simple manner, yet it was just two big slaps in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Kenneth! I beg your pardon? What does that mean? hehehehehehe.......
    It means you are [[and enjoy) being provocative!

Thaperson,
    I'm sorry, but you're the trouble maker that likes to drift through here from time to time to test my patience. I'm happy to know that this is your final post and wish you well.

You guys above...
    Thanks for the nice posts. You made me smile.

Testing your patience by demanding respect? Way to keep it classy. I guess I should be glad I finally got a response, huh?

Learn to have respect for all your members, dear. I guess birds of a feather flock together.

What's this thread about?

I thought thaperson was going.
    Soulster,
    I don't have a clue.

It means you are [[and enjoy) being provocative!
    Not really, maybe. But in a good way.

Not really, maybe. But in a good way.
    I think so. To me, it's a good thing and what makes you such a colorful personality.

I think so. To me, it's a good thing and what makes you such a colorful personality.
    Why thank you Kenneth and get back to Detroit at least once this year man.

Why thank you Kenneth and get back to Detroit at least once this year man.
    I just may do that, and if I do, I'll see if you might be there the same time.

I just may do that, and if I do, I'll see if you might be there the same time.
    Bet! Keep me posted.

I think I might have been referred to a couple of times as Marv's nemesis on this Forum.......maybe.

But as I've said, it would be a fairly lame Forum without some of his posts; it might be Motown Treasures all over again ~ don't talk about this, don't talk about that; it might be a fan forum for Diana Ross; and this isn't a Diana Ross Forum where we only want to talk about what she wore and how great she was; there are other places for that too.

So, the wide range here and the debate is attractive to me. Marv knows his Motown as well as the best of us and there are several of us. And Marv knows some other soul music better than I know it. And he does research some of what he posts.

But some of it goes overboard ~ it's too mocking, too venomous at times and then there is an attempt to back off. People like Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene have said the vicious Supremes posts all over the Internet are too much. Silly and stupid Supremes and Ross posts take away from the credibility of SD; it got SD recently called "the Home of the Ross Trolls". And those posts have driven some very connected people away. That's why I would call Marv a "Rossbigot". But at the same time, I don't want to be part of what some people call "Rossnation". I would prefer to see them all as grandmothers, human beings, Supremes, non dieties.

And there is always ignore. And there is always doing what I do ~ you say what you think, you research what you can, you try and not make it too personal. I would encourage other people to do it too.

As Juicefree pointed out a long time ago on here, we are not going to change history; what happened is done, as in who had the hits, who became the star, who had a DUI, what happened at Motown 25 and RTL, who lost a child, and Central Park and the Grammys and the Kennedy Centre Honors, the ups, the downs, the failed marriages, the managers, Berry, Pedro, Arne, Bob, the children ~ we can only discuss it.