[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston leaves everything to her daughter

Whitney Houston leaves everything to her daughter

The Associated Press
    ATLANTA - Whitney Houston left everything to her 19-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

The pop superstar's will doesn't mention specific assets, but leaves all of her furnishings, clothing, personal effects, jewelry and cars to her surviving children. Bobbi Kristina was her only child.

Inside Edition first reported the will, filed in Atlanta, on Wednesday.

Houston's money will be put in a trust. Her sister-in-law and manager, Patricia Houston, was appointed the administrator of the estate.

Upon turning 21, Bobbi Kristina will receive part of the money, more of it at age 25 and the balance at age 30. Houston's trustees can give her money from the trust for various purposes, including tuition, to buy a home and to start a business.

The will was signed on Feb. 3, 1993, about a month before Houston gave birth to her daughter. The 48-year-old died Feb. 11 in California.

Why is this news?

Time to move on.

I think it has remained news because it's sordid and tawdry and so the media laps it up because the public wants to here those kinds of details ~ that's my guess.

The Canadian Weekly Newsmagazine, Macleans, put Whitney on the cover last week. This week there are letters to the editor about it; they usually present a crosssection of views of the public. This week there are 4 letters and every one of them is critical and bashes Whitney Houston. I was a little bit surprised at the lack of sympathy.

The signs were all there that Whitneyr could meet an untimely end

There are like 15 different WH related posts currently featured. Half of those posts really don't feature actual news.

This is a wasted thread.

There were no Whitney-related stories in any of the usual grocery store rags this last couple of weeks. I have seen nothing on cable news. Seems like the hard-core fans are the only ones trying to keep this alive.

Let Whitney R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Seems like the hard-core fans are the only ones trying to keep this alive.
    Trying to keep what alive? Rumours and drama? Her real hardcore fans like myself are the ones who are trying to keep her memory alive with dignity and respect. This is why I have limited my participation in any Whitney-related discussions on this forum. I used to defend her tooth and nail on this forum when people used to criticize and attack her. Her real fans don't thrive on the ongoing gossip and drama. Don't mistake drama queens/kings for hardcore fans. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Last edited by carlo; 03-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Trying to keep what alive? Rumours and drama? Her real hardcore fans like myself are the ones who are trying to keep her memory alive with dignity and respect. This is why I have limited my participation in any Whitney-related discussions on this forum. I used to defend her tooth and nail on this forum when people used to criticize and attack her. Her real fans don't thrive on the ongoing gossip and drama. Don't mistake drama queens/kings for hardcore fans. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Great post Carlo. I do remember a while back threads that talked about Whitney being booed, Whitney being broke, Whitney's lack of voice on a World tour, yada, yada, yada. Now that she has passed on some like to focus on drama that if it were any other person on Earth it would be considered her personal family business.

Whitney was a star of the highest magnitude. She was THE VOICE. They type we may never see again in our lifetimes and she was a Christian. Not infallable, but definitely devout! Her music is what she gave us, but it seems it is only discussed as an afterthought these days.

Thanks Marv. I agree with you.

Trying to keep what alive? Rumours and drama?
    No, the whole issue of her death. I'm just waiting for the official tox report, even though most of us pretty much know what it will be, or close to it. Same as with Michael Jackson, Jim Morrison, and many others: the hard-core fans will not let it go.

I think many of the fans [[not the hard core though), will let it go..........and just remember the music and maybe the Bodyguard. I think a lot of the public are sick of hearing anything about it, weren't really that interested and have had enough. But the media and the hard core fans won't let it go.

It seems to me this one is worse than the MJ affair in terms of coverage, probably because the public is weary of pampered celebrities taking drugs, boozing it up and acting up in public, blowing all the money they make when the average American joe struggles to keep his or her job. And we already had the mass market coverage of the Jacksons and have heard these stories too often and seen the clingers hovering.

There do seem to be some sane and rational heads in the Houston family.

I have thought of Carlo as this happened and unfolded; I know he was a big Whitney Houston fan; I am not surprised you haven't had a lot to say; it's an awful situation. I can remember how I heard; I was watching the Live Grammy program and talking to Brad on Facebook, and I rarely go on Facebook; and I saw this news item and I asked him if this was true; and for a moment we didn't think so. And it all happened as Diana gets the Lifetime Achievement Grammy. Ironic because she did pass the Pop Queen Crown to Whitney.

Rose tinted glasses don't really serve a person well in life Carlo.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    There are like 15 different WH related posts currently featured. Half of those posts really don't feature actual news.
    In your opinion timmyfunk.

Roberta

Whitney is on the cover of Rolling Stone this week or month; I'm not sure how often it is published. It sounds like a sensationalist story..........The Diva and Her Dark Side, or some headlline like that.

There is obvious public interest in all of this and probably the tawdrier, the more interest. Most of it is garbage.

Well I have to give Bobby Brown credit I bet a bunch of people thought that he would be all over tv milking this for what its worth and he has not done that. I never thought he would but there are others who did. Kudos to the Houston family if there was one show to do it would be Oprah. Im assuming they did it because Whitney did the show and she is respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    In your opinion timmyfunk.

Roberta
    Well if they do, then prove it.

I read the Rolling Stone article last night. Not bad. Not too sensationalist.

Robyn Crawford would not talk to them but Aretha Franklin did, of course. She says Cissy sang on Chain of Fools and Ain't No Way. She says Whitney lost her way but found it again.

It repeats again that Bobby Brown did not introduce Whitney to drugs. And that in her contract was a key man clause saying that if Clive Davis left Arista Records, she could leave too. Clive is something like 87 years old, a lawyer with a huge ego [[one goes with the other really). And it says Whitney was forever affected by the booing at the Soul Train Music Awards ~ neither she or Clive saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I read the Rolling Stone article last night. Not bad. Not too sensationalist.

Robyn Crawford would not talk to them but Aretha Franklin did, of course. She says Cissy sang on Chain of Fools and Ain't No Way. She says Whitney lost her way but found it again.

It repeats again that Bobby Brown did not introduce Whitney to drugs. And that in her contract was a key man clause saying that if Clive Davis left Arista Records, she could leave too. Clive is something like 87 years old, a lawyer with a huge ego [[one goes with the other really). And it says Whitney was forever affected by the booing at the Soul Train Music Awards ~ neither she or Clive saw it coming.
    Well the same can't be said for the new Whitney book that Mary Wilson and Mark Bego were promoting a few weeks ago on a red carpet event. I skimmed through it at my local bookstore yesterday and it is a complete hatchet job, a disgrace to to the legacy of Whitney Elizabeth Houston. It's one long tawdry tale of drug abuse, diva behavior and a lesbian affair with Robyn Crawford. It is tabloid journalism at its worst. The language in the book is disgusting.

Matk Bego ought to be ashamed.

Roberta

Read the Rolling Stone Interview ~ I can't see much to object to but it is not sensationalist, trash talk.

Mark Bego is a third rate author..Parrish's biography on Houston a few years ago will take alot to beat..."Good girl,Bad Girl" is very much in the same vien as a Tony Turner book, theres an incredible amount of violence in it...

Not surprised at all. He's always come across as tacky. Nowhere near the league of J Randy Taraborrelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well the same can't be said for the new Whitney book that Mary Wilson and Mark Bego were promoting a few weeks ago on a red carpet event. I skimmed through it at my local bookstore yesterday and it is a complete hatchet job, a disgrace to to the legacy of Whitney Elizabeth Houston. It's one long tawdry tale of drug abuse, diva behavior and a lesbian affair with Robyn Crawford. It is tabloid journalism at its worst. The language in the book is disgusting.

Matk Bego ought to be ashamed.

Roberta

I wonder if these guys have a BA in something from an obscure college and then have no real job so they read Randy's books and try and emulate him. I couldn't really understand what Mr. Bego was saying in that interview with Mary Wilson; he sounded very scattered and overly excited; maybe he'd had a drink too much.

Sadly, all of these guys know that if they don't write trash, it won't sell a thing. Even if they write trash, it doesn't sell much.

Ribowsky, Bego, Posner...........all the same. Who would have thought Randy would become such a leader?

I read the Rolling Stone article on WH yesterday, very unoriginal, a collage of tabloid, newsy news and tidbits about her. Not a thing new. And I should know because I've read everything on WH. I was surprised that Rolling Stone would do something so common, but I haven't been reading it for a while.