[REMOVE ADS]

Oprah Will Interview Whitney's Daughter and Family on March 11th

NEW YORK [[AP) - Oprah Winfrey has landed an interview with Whitney Houston's daughter and other family members for a TV special that will air on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

"Oprah's Next Chapter" will feature an interview with 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina, Houston's only child. It will also include Patricia Houston, who's the singer's sister-in-law and manager, as well as the singer's brother Gary. It is scheduled to air March 11.

The superstar was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Feb. 11. An exact cause of death has yet to be determined.

Winfrey was one of the guests invited to Houston's funeral in Newark, N.J., last month.

Houston was 48 years old. Her daughter turns 19 Sunday.

Happy Birthday to Bobbi Kristina!

goodness..the poor girl hasnt had a proper chance to grieve yet..

Money must be in very short supply; this looks awful. And I wonder if it will be accompanied by the critical question of which family member took "the" picture.

I highly doubt Oprah is paying anything for this interview. Bobbi Kristina loves her mother and I know that she is doing this out of her love for her. I look forward to watching it.

Carlo she may be doing it out of love..but lets be real - shes an addict she was photographed doing coke last year..she would be better going to a clinic and straightening up mentally and physically before doing media rounds..this could turn out like the Sawyer interview her mom did..I admire her honesty in it but it did her no favours in the long run and I fear this could happen again..because there is alot of ghetto drama that went on in the family [[as Whitney told Winfrey and BET)..alot of folks who have regular jobs outside the music industry sit down to these tv confession sessions and go "what on earth is going on ?"..were talking real ugly tales that frankly take away from Whitneys musical gifts and Oprah has never been the most sensitive interviewer..I just have a really bad feeling about this..its so soon after her passing we cant expect the family to make much sense they will be speaking on pure emotion....

What is so bad about this upcoming interview? With all the things that are being said about Whitney- its the right time for her family to get out their and defend and protect her legacy.

This is something I feel very uncomfortable about as well, much like Nomis. Nomis, are you saying Bobbie is an addict too?

Her Mother died not even a month ago; it seems to me that the headlines, suggestions, allegations have been worse for the Houston family than for the Jacksons.

How on earth can the girl be brought on TV in front of everyone to talk?

I don't think I could even physically do it if it were me. And Oprah Winfrey better know what she is doing here.

Maybe I'm too squeamish, but I think this is God awful.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    What is so bad about this upcoming interview? With all the things that are being said about Whitney- its the right time for her family to get out their and defend and protect her legacy.
    Another family member, Dionne Warwick talks about Whitney on Good Morning America saying things like what Whitney's last words were to her

yes but Dionne is media savvy shes been around long enough to know how much to say..But Bobbi ?..I totally think she should say anything she feels but by Whitneys own confession on the last interview she admitted her daughter was a witness to her and Bobbys domestic violence..she needs counselling for her issues not nielsen ratings for trying to make sense of the turmoil she grew up in... or another solution would be to give Cissy approval of the final edit before broadcast so she knows Winfrey aint pushing the poor girl too far...

smark21 Guest
    Thought this will get good ratings for Oprah's faltering cable channel, I hope there will be a backlash against Oprah and OWN and that the channel will not benefit from the show and people will resume their lack of interest in OWN and its programming.

I think this is serving two purposes. It is certainly a business decision on Oprah's part. Let's face it, self preservation is the first law of nature. Also, the timing is good. It's not totally out of people's minds yet. In many business minds it's an "everybody wins" situation. I'm sure Oprah wants to get this aired asap before something else catches our attention.

rta5225 I really like that line "self preservation is the first law of nature..." its profound..but will this be Bobbi's self preservation ? communication can be very healing but the pain and heartache and confusion that girl must have is not gonna be solved with a 40 min face off with Oprah..Bobbi's a victim of circumstance she didnt hunt fame..she was born into it..Like Liza Minnelli before her she grew up in a violatile world of show buisness where your mother is considered the greatest voice in relationships with men of questionable motives..that girls seen more drama than most of us will thankfully ever witness but you may laugh at the notion but I think Liza Minnelli could really help her..

Liza has to get her own stuff together LONG TERM before she mentors anyone. Isnt Patricia Houston going to be on the show too? This kind of smacks of when Oprah brought on her long lost sister and apparently greatly upset her mom.

Thanks Nomis and all of you guys for your comments. I'm enjoying reading them and sharing opinions. I meant the self-preservation is for Oprah in reference to her business decision to have Bobbi Kristina on the show. I agree with everything else you said about Bobbi Kristina. She will need help to get past all of the drama she has witnessed. As Whitney said in her interview with Oprah, he brought a lot of ugly things into the marriage. Yes, Patricia Houston will be on the show as well.

Here's another article on the same topic.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/thats-r...172216536.html

Oprah, Bobbi KristinaMusic industry insiders and anonymous family friends have made speculations about Whitney Houston's last days since her death on February 11, but those closest to Houston share their perspectives in an interview with Oprah Winfrey airing Sunday.

Whitney Houston leaves everything to her daughter

Houston's only child, Bobbi Kristina, 19, brother, Gary, and sister-in-law, Patricia, respond to questions about Houston's troubles, marriage to Bobby Brown, road to recovery and legacy.

The timing of the interviews with Winfrey have caused dissension in the Houston family, according to reports. Some family members reportedly thought it was too soon for Bobbi Kristina to speak to press.

"She's so very young and impressionable," a source told People. "She has to start finding herself as a woman on her own as opposed to defining herself as Whitney's daughter and Whitney's support. It's kind of interesting to see what's going to happen to her from here on in."

Patricia HoustonPrior to Houston's death, Patricia was hopeful that the singer would once again find peace. "The handwriting was kinda on the wall. I would be kidding myself to say otherwise," Patricia said told Winfrey.

Patricia -- who was reportedly in Houston's hotel room the afternoon she died and with her at a pre-Grammy party two nights earlier -- said substance abuse had not been a recent problem for the singer. Patricia had other concerns. "I saw her chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places," she said in a clip from the interview.

Whitney Houston has 3 albums in the top 10

When responding to reports that Houston's family did not like her ex-husband Brown, Patricia made shocking admissions.

Patricia said she had a good relationship with Brown, denied that he introduced Houston to drugs, and admitted to sometimes taking his side when he and Houston were feuding.

Gary Houston"I can't say he introduced her to drugs. I don't think that's true," Patricia said.

Patricia was also hesitant to say that Houston and Brown were incompatible. "It's very difficult if you've got family members that are demanding certain things from you, then the world demanding certain things from you, and then all of that congestion, how can you make it work?" she said.

Winfrey has not released interview footage of Bobbi Kristina or Gary answering questions.

The interviews will air on "Oprah's Next Chapter" on OWN Sunday, March 11 at 9/8c.

In other news this week, Britney Spears considers joining the "X-Factor" as a judge, but has turned down a $10 million offer. First "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson, however, has agreed to star in "Duets," yet another new talent search competition. Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke have also signed on for the new ABC show. The Osbournes family is hoping to return to television and is shopping a new animated series, "The F'n Osbournes." Taylor Swift had the best news this week. Billboard magazine named her the biggest money maker of 2011, beating out U2, Lady Gaga and Adele with earnings of $35 million.

Luke - sorry I disagree no matter what faults Liza has..she survived..Ive always said Garland and Houston are the two greatest voices of the 20th century..and I drew parallels to their downward spiral on SDF years ago..who could tell Bobbi the pitfalls to avoid more than Liza ? shes dealt with the pain of her mothers life for decades..yes,made many mistakes and thats why shes the ideal candidate - she can say "hey..dont do this..here are the pitfalls to avoid..." I know of dark,ugly things Bobbi and Liza both witnessed...trust me they aint pretty..the girl was photographed doing lines of coke a year and a half ago..I believe the best person to talk to an addict is someone whos lived with addiction..Cissy,Dionne,Gladys,Chaka,Natalie,Areth a have all seen crazy stuff in their lives but that aint nothing to what Liza saw- the demise of Garland from 65 -69 from her daughters mouth would put anyone on the straight and narrow..

It's been a long time since I bought a paper magazine, but I bought the new Rolling Stone - Whitney made the cover - I forgot it in the truck but it's titled something like "The Diva and Her Dark Side".

thanks for the tip Jobeterob - I will have to make sure I get a copy..there was a beautiful photo tribute in "Stern" magazine..