[REMOVE ADS]

Smile The Temptaions live album

Just picked up the Temptaions Live vynil album today in a second hand shop for next to nothing. Its on German Tamla Motown 1975. Recorded in Japan as far as the liner credits go. Can anyone fill me in with more details? I know it wasnt released in the U.S. or UK.

Hi Paulo,

Isn't this the same as issued by Hip-o?
    http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...7-99626310086F

Love "Love Woke Me Up This Morning" and "Hey Girl [[I Like Your Style"). Did you enjoy listning to it?

The first time I saw this record was around 1973 or 74. I was in Rolling Stone Records and it was an import released in 1973 overseas but not stateside.

Recently it has remastered and released through Hip-o select a few years ago. My copy is number 208 of 5000. Here is a photo of The CD , very good album.

Name:  Tempta Live.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  32.1 KB

Mine is nr 100...

Mine is nr 100...

When I started dredging for my vinyl copy it was gone.........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The first time I saw this record was around 1973 or 74. I was in Rolling Stone Records and it was an import released in 1973 overseas but not stateside.

Recently it has remastered and released through Hip-o select a few years ago. My copy is number 208 of 5000. Here is a photo of The CD , very good album.

Yeah, I was going to say. I don't remember a live Temptations album from 1975. "A Song For You" , yes, a live album....no!

I bought this album from Woolworths in Manchester in 1973 and it coinsided with their recent appearance at the Fair Trade Hall that same year. I realised than that it wasn't available in the UK. I also purchased the Supremes live album in quadrophonic at the same time. These were originally Japanese concerts and I suspect the Temptations was pressed in Germany from the original Japanese recordings. Both these and the Jackson Five live in Japan were released by Hipo Select on CD recently.

Thinking about it, I must have bought the album in 1975 as the Temptations tour was to promote "A Song For You".

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    the first time i saw this record was around 1973 or 74. I was in rolling stone records and it was an import released in 1973 overseas but not stateside.

Recently it has remastered and released through hip-o select a few years ago. My copy is number 208 of 5000. Here is a photo of the cd , very good album.

exactly paladin that's the one i was thinking of too!

The LP version I bought had a copyright of 1975. Maybe it was the German pressing.