[REMOVE ADS]

T Boy Ross would have been 63...................from Rhonda Ross

Rhonda Ross

Today would have been my Uncle "T-Boy's" 63rd birthday. Born Arthur Ross, he was a loving uncle and an extremely talented songwriter! Rest In Peace, Uncle T-Boy.

Wow! He was a leap year baby. Here's a somewhat connection--Florence Ballard married Tommy Chapman in
    Hawaii on February 29!

LadySingsBlues Guest
    Arthur wrote some great songs, I was just listening to Marvin last night & replayed "I Want You" back to back 4 times.

He couldn't have been a leap year baby since he was born in 1949. He must have been born on Feb. 28.

I think she posted it yesterday, so the birthday was probably Feb. 28.

It puts quite a different blush on how we think of these people; it makes them so human and so like us instead of some conniving brute like some people want us to believe.

Can anyone comment on his Motown LP? I believe it came out in the 80s. If you've heard it, I'd be interested in your opinion.

I have it. Cross between Marvin Gaye I Want You and Leon Ware Musical Massage. Hardly surprising. Loved his voice.

Didn't he also work as an engineer in Motown studios for a while? Also, does anyone know where Diana's youngest
    brother Chico lives and what he does with his life?

Tracy Lee Tweed [[born May 10, 1965 in St John's, Newfoundland) is a Canadian actress and model. She is the younger sister of Shannon Tweed and youngest of seven siblings.[1] She has three children, Emily and twin sons Hunter and Jake. She was briefly married to Chico, the brother of singer Diana Ross, in the Eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Didn't he also work as an engineer in Motown studios for a while? Also, does anyone know where Diana's youngest
    brother Chico lives and what he does with his life?
    His brother Fred Jr. did some engineering. His name is listed on the Supremes' HIGH ENERGY album.

That's right! Thanks, reese! Is the sister Barbara still working as a doctor? And where is the other sister, Rita?
    Also, what does Fred, Jr. do today? Just curious as I really never hear about them anymore.

I have his LP but I don't remember anything really hard hitting on it. It has been a really long time since I listen to it. I will have to unbox it and revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Can anyone comment on his Motown LP? I believe it came out in the 80s. If you've heard it, I'd be interested in your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmL2S5R4zU

Here is "To The Baby, For The Baby" by T Boy

A lot of the family showed up for the Actors Studio interview and I believe Barbara was there, amongst others.

If you goggle Barbara Ross, you will see pictures of Barbara Ross Lee, circa 1984 with the family, including Diana, and Ernestine.............big family picture. There are also other pictures of Mrs. Lee. I believe they are Facebook pictures and you can post them on here.

I was in Los Angeles throughout the late summer and fall of 1979, and found a hole in the wall record shop near Hollywood High that had tons of sealed cutout Motown albums for 99 cents. I found the T-Boy Ross record and several of the sealed budget label Natural Resources label releases there for a similar price. T-Boy was a good looking guy, who was a very capable song writer. His voice wasn't strong enough to translate well selling lots of records, but it is a rare treat and well worth the hunt. I was thrilled when I heard Diana Ross' version of her beloved brothers song, "I Want You." The story goes that Leon Ware, who co-wrote the song was to record it, but when Berry Gordy heard it, he decided on the spot Marvin's version should go out first. The pecking order was Leon and then T-Boy. I just recently heard El Debarge's version and it is excellent as well. Possibly it is one of those rare songs that will always sound great no matter who attempts it, because of the heart felt passion inbred in the marvelous lyrics. T-Boy's shining moment for sure!

1979, those kinds of record shops, the cut outs especially Motown = The Good Old Days, I remember em too

[QUOTE=randy_russi;97040]That's right! Thanks, reese! Is the sister Barbara still working as a doctor? And where is the other sister, Rita?
    See Dr. Ross below

http://myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=B...ee_enloe_HS_06

Sabin writes:
    Welcome to my webpage! I hope this teaches you as much about Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee as it has taught me while I was making it!

“Each year, over 50,000 minorities die from preventable disease. That’s shameful and you [medical students] must address it.”

SCIENCE HERO:
    DR. BARBARA ROSS LEE
    by Sabin from Raleigh
    Many people see heroes as people with “super powers” such as Spider-Man. However, the truth is that there are heroes all around us. Heroes go outside of the box, doing something that no one else in their situation has done. A hero can be a role model. A hero has perseverance. Heroes set new boundaries.

Barbara Ross at age 8
    Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee was born in 1942. She has come from an unfortunate past that is hard to imagine. She is the oldest of six children from a poor inner city Detroit project. She became a surrogate mother at age 10 when her mother was hospitalized for two years with tuberculosis. At the age of 16 Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee nearly bled to death from a tonsillectomy. Her mother died from breast cancer, diagnosed too late. She lost her firstborn child to cardiac complications from German measles. Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee went on to lose two subsequent pregnancies due to blood poisoning. Her youngest child was born prematurely at 5½ months, surviving, weighing just 2 pounds.

As a child, Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee and her siblings sang in a church choir. Her sister, Diana Ross, left the projects as the celebrity lead singer of the Supremes. Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee earned a degree in science and chemistry in 1969. She went on to join the National Teaching Corps. This is a program in which she could study for free, while she taught in the Detroit public school system. In 1969, Michigan State University opened a College of Osteopathic Medicine. Osteopathic Medicine is a branch of medicine which views the human body holistically; it emphasizes the prevention and treatment of illness and injury through the use of manual and physical therapies along with traditional practices such as drugs and surgery. As a single mother, Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee needed help with childcare, so she sold her house and moved back in with her mother. In 1973 Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. For the next 10 years, she ran a hectic family business in inner city Detroit.

Dr. Barabara Ross-Lee 2001
    In 1984, Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee left the family business and joined the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as a health professions consultant on education. In 1993, she was honored to become the first African American woman to be appointed dean of an American Medical school. She remained dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine of Ohio University until 2001.

In 2001 Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee became the vice president for Health Sciences and Medical Affairs at the New York College of Technology. In 2002 she became the dean of New York Institute of Osteopathic Medicine. Currently, she remains one of seven women deans of medical schools in the United States, as well as the first African American to hold the title.

Using perseverance, Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee has set new boundaries for women, African-Americans, and people living tough lives. Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee will forever be a hero.

Written by Sabin from Raleigh

Last changed on: 4/3/2006

National Library of Medicine: Biography of Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee

NC Health Careers Access Program: "The Health Vulnerable: Getting to Higher Ground" - a summarized lecture given by Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee

National Black Nurses Association: Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee wins the Trailblazer Award

Ohio Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee was inducted into the Ohio Women's Hall of Fame in 1998.

Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee has a Doctor of Osteopathy degree from Michigan State University. She has a bachelors and master's degree from Wayne State University.
    Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee has won many awards:

July 31, 2003 - Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee was honored with the National Black Nurses Association Trailblazer [[NBNA) Award.

2001 - Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee was awarded with Patenge Medal of Public Services from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.

1998 - Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee received an Honorary Doctor of Science degree from NYIT.