[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kenneth, Mike & Billy Young

Quote Originally Posted by cozmic View Post

Brother to brother. An impressive team, although in another form than a group or band.

Is this the group who recorded for Joe Robinson's All Platinum label and had a minor hit with In The Bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    Is this the group who recorded for Joe Robinson's All Platinum label and had a minor hit with In The Bottle?
    Naw, they were a duet. One white dude, one black dude. Now Cozmic, who are they and what do they do?

Thumbs up Well...

...i only have this album from them on Sugar Hill, without any inner sheet info or other credits on the sleeve lol

So far haven't further explored this group but there's some good info on 'cogs:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Brother+To+Brother

As for that album which i have. Odd thing is that the track list on the back cover and labels from my copy don't match at all. For example, this BarKays-ish monsterjam below appears on the pressed vinyl, but not on the sleeve lol

Last edited by cozmic; 02-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Thumbs up

I understand the confusement
    "Brother To Brother" was a track Gino and his brothers, and i used that title for my comment.

Last edited by cozmic; 02-28-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Could you reload the image?

The Brother 2 Brother sleeve P-Shark?... okay, here's a link with an image which might take too much cyberspace lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NM-LP-BROTHE...ht_1482wt_1088

That's Gino Vanelli of Montreal in the middle. Are one or both of those other guys related to him?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's Gino Vanelli of Montreal in the middle. Are one or both of those other guys related to him?
    Yeah, Ross Vannelli with the beard and Joe Vannelli. Ross was working more behind the scenes as composer and for other activities, and Joe composed, recorded and performed with brother Gino

Quote Originally Posted by cozmic View Post
    I understand the confusement
    "Brother To Brother" was a track Gino and his brothers, and i used that title for my comment.
    So thats what you meant

Hello again, my friends [[after so many time!)

How not to name some soul brothas as The Ingui Brothers [[Robert & Charles) from The Soul Survivors.
    Also William & Wilbert Hart from The Delfonics; The Pazant Brothers; Scott & Kim Miller from Instant Funk; gospel female group Green Sisters; The Valentinos [[Womack brothers)

A big embrace to all... and more to come

I surprised at you all for not mentioning two classic motown groups...the miracles[claudette-bobby rogers are cousins]...the mighty temptations[melvin-david were cousins and richard is the cousin of melvin]!

The brothers that sang in the original[impressions]someone help me with the names...archies bell had a brother in the [drells]...the thrasher brothers who were in clyde mcphatter's [drifters]...sometimes carla thomas would duet with her daddy[rufus]!!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Before I proceed further, are we speaking strictly about Soul groups, or are we including earlier R&B groups as well?
    Soul is part of the R&B family tree.

I know you guys are gonna rip me for this one, but the Bee gees have issued some awfully good R&B in the form of "Fanny [[Be Tender With My Love)".

The brothers that formed the original Impressions were Arthur and Richard Brooks [[with Sam Gooden, Jerry Butler and Curtis mayfield, after the departure of a member called secondname "Cash") in the late 50's.

I have read some bios about Archie Bell & The Drells and sometimes says that Archie and Lee are brothers an another says that there are no relation [[???)

Father and son Eddie and the late Gerald Levert recorded and performed as a duo. Derek & Cyndi [["You Bring Out The Best On Me") are brother and sister. Some other, John Whitehead [[RIP)'s sons Kenny & Johnny "The Whitehead Brothers". Also the gospel influenced philly group City Limits included some brothers [[not sure if were Bruce hawes and another...?). MFSB included "the Philly Chamber brothers" [[Karl on drumms and Roland on guitar who were also on The Romeos, sadly both passed away).

And two other brothers in the 60's in the Volcanos and from the 70's on on The Trammps: Harold "Doc" Wade and Stan Wade.

Did anybody mention the Brothers Johnson?

I mentioned Brothers Johnson ... but this thread just shows me that I don't know that much about soul. I thought I did, but SDFers come through strong on this post with many groups I hadn't heard of. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    the brothers that formed the original impressions were arthur and richard brooks [[with sam gooden, jerry butler and curtis mayfield, after the departure of a member called secondname "cash") in the late 50's.

I have read some bios about archie bell & the drells and sometimes says that archie and lee are brothers an another says that there are no relation [[???)

father and son eddie and the late gerald levert recorded and performed as a duo. Derek & cyndi [["you bring out the best on me") are brother and sister. Some other, john whitehead [[rip)'s sons kenny & johnny "the whitehead brothers". Also the gospel influenced philly group city limits included some brothers [[not sure if were bruce hawes and another...?). Mfsb included "the philly chamber brothers" [[karl on drumms and roland on guitar who were also on the romeos, sadly both passed away).
    thanks manny,the brooks bros...fred cash is perhaps the guy you're speaking of who was a member with curtis and sam,and i think still performs with the impressions today!