[REMOVE ADS]

The Flirtations as a duo

A German TV appearance with no Shirley!

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    A German TV appearance with no Shirley!

Very good but this is my all time favorite by the Flirtations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=874Qetm7UBc

I like most everyhting theyv'e done... I like them better than The Supremes... I just wish they had released more stuff, and there was more discussion on them! My favorite is "someone Out there".

Came to the UK near the start of the mid to late 1960's 'fake soul touring groups' situation [[late 67 / early 68). The group had of course evolved from NY based the Gypsies [[Old Town). I think they initially toured the UK as a fake Motown group [[no doubt in an old Blues & Soul interview it will have been documented). Like the Fantastics, loved it here in the UK and decided to stay.

John...I was told by those that went to those "fake" concerts that they saw the "Temptin Temptations" and the "Marvelous Marveletttes" who turned out to be the Velours/Fantastics and the Flirtations.

I remember it being about 1968.

I'm betting Shirley was sick or something and they still had to make the appearance. Anyway, @ Roberta, those Flirtations clips on youtube always thrill the hell outta me. I wish I had them on dvd because not only do they
    sound great they look so...delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    John...I was told by those that went to those "fake" concerts that they saw the "Temptin Temptations" and the "Marvelous Marveletttes" who turned out to be the Velours/Fantastics and the Flirtations.

I remember it being about 1968.
    Wow... I didn't know they started on tours like that. Both groups deserved far more success than what they had, the Fantastics recorded my ffavorite soul ballad of ALL TIME, better than anything the Tempts ever put out: