[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HEY! I Just Hit the 10,000 Mark!

I just noticed this morning I hit the 10,000 mark in posting! Is that a milestone or what? Long Live Soulful Detroit!!!!!

Wow long live marv,congrats...hey ralph shouldn't marv get a plastic whistle or something??

I'm hot on ya with 82. Thanks for helping keep this community alive long enough for me to find it.

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I just noticed this morning I hit the 10,000 mark in posting! Is that a milestone or what? Long Live Soulful Detroit!!!!!
    And long live Miss Ross. After all, without her you'd have bugger all to say!

Name:  Balloons-celebration.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  83.7 KB
    Now where is the Booze

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Wow long live marv,congrats...hey ralph shouldn't marv get a plastic whistle or something??
    Thank you , thank you JAI! I couldn't have done it without fun and interesting posters like you. I would like to take this time to thank the Academy, my friend Ralph Terrana and all of the great members past and present of Soulful Detroit. I am humbled at this moment when I think of all the fun and great information that has passed down through this site over the years! and Ralph, I am looking for my plastic engraved with "Soulful Detroit Forum" on it any day now!

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Name:  Balloons-celebration.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  83.7 KB
    Now where is the Booze
    That was wonderful. Thank you abfan! Ok JAI where is the HOOCH? LOL! oh LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm hot on ya with 82. Thanks for helping keep this community alive long enough for me to find it.

Thanks Jerry, you're a champ!

Congrats to you, Marv. I'm surprised you made it that far without someone taking a swing at you for whatever conjured reason.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  21.1 KB
    Congatulations!
    Gefeliciteerd! [[as we say in Holland!)

I wonder how many of us are in the 10,000 club? I know Juicefree,Miss M, and I are in, and, I think Mel is. Not sure if there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Congrats to you, Marv. I'm surprised you made it that far without someone taking a swing at you for whatever conjured reason.
    I know right? Thanks Ralph and thanks for even having this site!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 319
    Congatulations!
    Gefeliciteerd! [[as we say in Holland!)

I wonder how many of us are in the 10,000 club? I know Juicefree,Miss M, and I are in, and, I think Mel is. Not sure if there are others.
    Thanks Robb! Can you tell me how to say "Gefeliciteerd"? LOL!

robb_k

I'd agree with you on the names you mention, but would also suggest that Ralph [[a good time to say "thanks Ralph" for all that you and your team do to hold the place together!),midnight johnny and jobeterob should be included on that celebrated list.

Congratulations Marv!

To you, and the small number of members who have exceeded 10,000 posts, that achievement represents a great deal of time and attention to SDF by each individual.

I may not always wholeheartedly agree with some of the comments posted, but thank you all for being here.

Hi Marv

This forum wouldn't be the same without you

Thanks Robb! Can you tell me how to say "Gefeliciteerd"? LOL!
Views: 302
    Not really. It starts with a gutteral sound that is not a sound that exists in English. However, if you think of eating something utterly repulsive, and you would make the exclamation "yecccchhhh!", the end portion of that sound would approximate the first sound [[phonetic spelling X [[upside down) [[gxhe). That would be followed by "short e" [[eh), end of 1st syllable. 2nd syllable: f[[short "e")l, 3rd syllable: "short i" 4th syllable: "soft c [[ç)[[halfway between long and short "e")
    5th syllable: t [[halfway between long "a" and long "e") rtt [["hard T").

Maybe this could get as close as roman letters can:

Gxhaee-feh-lieh-sih-taertt!

It's even difficult to translate Dutch sounds to English understanding when using the International phonetic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    robb_k

I'd agree with you on the names you mention, but would also suggest that Ralph [[a good time to say "thanks Ralph" for all that you and your team do to hold the place together!),midnight johnny and jobeterob should be included on that celebrated list.

Congratulations Marv!

To you, and the small number of members who have exceeded 10,000 posts, that achievement represents a great deal of time and attention to SDF by each individual.

I may not always wholeheartedly agree with some of the comments posted, but thank you all for being here.
    Thanks WestGrandBoulevard. When I first "discovered" Soulful Detroit back in 2003, I was getting homesick and found this forum by searching Google I believe. At first I thought everyone then was from Detroit and I would be having discussion about all things Detroit with Detroiters. As time went on I found out that was not the case and it has allowed me to learn so many things I can't even begin to explain. This is just a great outlet and I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Hi Marv

This forum wouldn't be the same without you
    Thank you 144man! Let's party! LOL!

Not really. It starts with a gutteral sound that is not a sound that exists in English. However, if you think of eating something utterly repulsive, and you would make the exclamation "yecccchhhh!", the end portion of that sound would approximate the first sound [[phonetic spelling X [[upside down) [[gxhe). That would be followed by "short e" [[eh), end of 1st syllable. 2nd syllable: f[[short "e")l, 3rd syllable: "short i" 4th syllable: "soft c [[ç)[[halfway between long and short "e")

It's even difficult to translate Dutch sounds to English understanding when using the International phonetic characters.
    Ok I'm thinking of Lima beans right now LOL!!! Thanks for trying. Maybe one day technology will allow forum members to speak to each other right through the forum's parameters.

You took the words right out of my mouth, there, Chums. That's how I would have thought to pronounce it.

Ok I'm thinking of Lima beans right now LOL!!! Thanks for trying. Maybe one day technology will allow forum members to speak to each other right through the forum's parameters.
Views: 303
    The technology exists now. Skype uses it. If you are not a Skype member, join up. Then you can talk to [[while seeing them on camera) anyone in The World who is a Skype member, at no cost, whatsoever. You can join at www.skype.com. My Skype name is robbbk. Give me a call, and I'll congratulate you in "person".

Send me a personal message on this forum, and I'll give you my e-mail address, and then we can arrange a time to both be on Skype.

Views: 303
    The technology exists now. Skype uses it. If you are not a Skype member, join up. Then you can talk to [[while seeing them on camera) anyone in The World who is a Skype member, at no cost, whatsoever. You can join at www.skype.com. My Skype name is robbbk. Give me a call, and I'll congratulate you in "person".

Send me a personal message on this forum, and I'll give you my e-mail address, and then we can arrange a time to both be on Skype.
    I've heard of Skype, just have not used it yet. My nephew down in Argentina talks to brother on it.

not really. It starts with a gutteral sound that is not a sound that exists in english. However, if you think of eating something utterly repulsive, and you would make the exclamation "yecccchhhh!", the end portion of that sound would approximate the first sound [[phonetic spelling x [[upside down) [[gxhe). That would be followed by "short e" [[eh), end of 1st syllable. 2nd syllable: F[[short "e")l, 3rd syllable: "short i" 4th syllable: "soft c [[ç)[[halfway between long and short "e")
    5th syllable: T [[halfway between long "a" and long "e") rtt [["hard t").

It's even difficult to translate dutch sounds to english understanding when using the international phonetic characters.
    hey robb,you know words that i couldn't pronounce drunk[which is most of the time,hehe]!!

that was wonderful. Thank you abfan! Ok jai where is the hooch? Lol! Oh lol!!!!
    ok,ok it's coming i got my hoodlums[opps er ahem]my scientist working on a special batch just for you...of course you know that any and all-drunkiness,hullucinations,baldness,triple vision,mental illness,hairgrowth on tongue,loss of fingerprints,growth of extra fingers and or toes,the speaking of interplanetary languages[martian-plutonian,vulcan,ect.]-which may and probobly will happen are not the fault of my company...[of course you can sue the heck out of the company i keep]of course all of this info is on the side of the bottle[you may need a telescope strong enought to see the surface of the moon to read it,but it's there[right under the scull and crossbones]anyhow drink up and[good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    ok,ok it's coming i got my hoodlums[opps er ahem]my scientist working on a special batch just for you...of course you know that any and all-drunkiness,hullucinations,baldness,triple vision,mental illness,hairgrowth on tongue,loss of fingerprints,growth of extra fingers and or toes,the speaking of interplanetary languages[martian-plutonian,vulcan,ect.]-which may and probobly will happen are not the fault of my company...[of course you can sue the heck out of the company i keep]of course all of this info is on the side of the bottle[you may need a telescope strong enought to see the surface of the moon to read it,but it's there[right under the scull and crossbones]anyhow drink up and[good luck!!!
    Now ya got me cryin' laughing here......hehehehehehehe! I will take my chances just give me a double shot! LOL!!!!

Ok I will have to send Mary Wilson to your house to sing for you.....LOL!!! Congratulations.
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Ok I will have to send Mary Wilson to your house to sing for you.....LOL!!! Congratulations.
    Steph
    Promises, promises.....LOL! Thank you Stephanie!

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    I would suggest it's because YOU always manage to 'conjure' a way to delete any thread where po' 'straight' Marv gets his cumm-uppance.
    So, nothing magical in it really!
    OOOH Spoken like a true smart-ass. Bravo!

Marv, I think Herman Cain got you beat.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Marv, I think Herman Cain got you beat.
    I'm sure you're right....Mr. 9-9-9 is a very special person and can beat anyone in his mind! LOL!

I was referring to the numbers of women who he allegedly banged

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    I was referring to the numbers of women who he allegedly banged
    Oh! LOL! In that case oh no, no,no, no.......old Herm has some years on me, but I've had my share, good and plenty, hehehehehe..

What are you looking at, Marv? 888? Salude old friend....

What are you looking at, Marv? 888? Salude old friend....
    Alright good one Ralph! LOL!

Congrats Marv, Jai please pass the hooch........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Congrats Marv, Jai please pass the hooch........
    Thanks Kev, don't forget to pass it this way next!

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    I am so sorry that you had to see this.......true colors
    That is very sweet of you dear heart but I can handle immature boys. I used to be an actress and can spot a fake a mile away.

Thank you again, and to you I say,

Fondly,

Roberta

Thank those of you that seem to like messing up what started as a decent thread. Maybe some of you should just leave here and find a place that suits your needs. I'm growing weary of some of your BS.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    robb_k

Congratulations Marv!

Views: 260
    Yes. I don't know how I forgot Ralph and Rob, as one is on this thread, and the other is on another thread I've been frequenting these past few days. I'd guess there are yet several others we've both forgotten.

And yes, we should all be grateful that this great website has been around since 2001. I've been on since 2002.

Perhaps what some of you women who claim to be affronted should consider is, maybe all the women Marv was with WANTED it that way. Nowhere does it infer that anyone was taken advantage of. Instead you choose to sully what was a celebratory thread for Marv and then try and turn it into something creepy. Well, guess what, I'm on to you "women" and the game you are attempting. Push me again. I dare you.

Okay, I deleted all the negative posts. Sorry, Marv. There are those that just don't seem to be able to fit in here without causing me grief.

WARNING>>>THE NEXT NEGATIVE POST I READ WILL CAUSE THE TERMINATION OF THAT POSTER'S MEMBERSHIP HERE. TRY ME.

Westgrand,
    Thanks for the props. Robb K and all. I didn't realize I had that many posts until you guys pointed it out.

Okay, I deleted all the negative posts. Sorry, Marv. There are those that just don't seem to be able to fit in here without causing me grief.

WARNING>>>THE NEXT NEGATIVE POST I READ WILL CAUSE THE TERMINATION OF THAT POSTER'S MEMBERSHIP HERE. TRY ME.
    Ralph with some it's like you can't have fun and you can't be serious. What are you suppose to do? Thank you

I'll never quite get it, Marv. At any rate, congratulations on the post number. I'm looking for another 10K from you old friend.

Congrats on this Marv. I'm stuill waiting for the last consignment of hooch to be smuggled - er, imported - so I'll have to toast you in London gin.

Laurel Guest
    Perhaps what some of you women who claim to be affronted should consider is, maybe all the women Marv was with WANTED it that way. Nowhere does it infer that anyone was taken advantage of. Instead you choose to sully what was a celebratory thread for Marv and then try and turn it into something creepy. Well, guess what, I'm on to you "women" and the game you are attempting. Push me again. I dare you.
    I'll take your dare...you're a sexist pig who has no respect for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    I'll take your dare...you're a sexist pig who has no respect for women.
    Drop Dead Laurel! Who in the Hell are you? You got a lot of freakin' nerve coming here trying to judge people you don't even know. Either stop reading it or read somewhere else. The nerve! Who are you?> You are better than no one! This is as polite as I'm ever going to get with you!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    Congrats on this Marv. I'm stuill waiting for the last consignment of hooch to be smuggled - er, imported - so I'll have to toast you in London gin.
    Thanks Dave. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and your contributions here.

I'll never quite get it, Marv. At any rate, congratulations on the post number. I'm looking for another 10K from you old friend.
    Ralph, I appreciate that and I do hope that I can contribute more and more to the forum. God willing!

Speaking of big numbers

Kiss Laurel goodbye,
    I figured she didn't want to associate with a guy that runs a forum and is a "sexist pig" Maybe she will be happier elsewhere.
    Anyway....she dared me.