[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Krystol

Krystol

Dusty Groove has listed Krystol's first LP as forthcoming onto CD. Always liked this LP.
    Last edited by blueskies; 02-24-2012 at 12:18 PM.

It's a start! I always wondered why this group hadn't received some re-issue respect. They had three more LPs as I recall, so let's see all of them. They did a great version of Love is Like an Itching in My Heart on one of them.

"They did a great version of Love is Like an Itching in My Heart on one of them."

That was on the second album from 85. That first album had the excellent , "Same Place Same Time" , a sleeper introduced to N.Y. radio by Frankie Crocker.

Thank you Cozmic.....love the pics!

Thumbs up

You're welcome Blueskies!

Krystol is now available at Dusty Groove!

Krystol — Gettin' Ready [[with bonus tracks) ... CD
    Epic/FTG, 1984. New Copy .... $14.99 18.99 Just Sold Out! An 80s girl group classic from Krystol – the debut album from this tight quartet who really seem to rise to the challenge of the album's polish! Production is quite tight – handled by Leon Sylvers III, and a few others, in that west coast Sylvers mode of the time – but the girls have a way of stepping out with their own sort of feeling – harmonizing, switching leads, and even trading lines that really give us a feel for the character of each member of the group – singers Tina Scott, Roberta Steiger, Karon Floyd, and Dee Marie Warren. There's definitely a vibe here that prefaces lots of other female group soul to come – and titles include "Obsession", "Same Place Same Time", "You're The One For Me", "Nobody's Gonna Get This Lovin But You", "You Ask Too Much", "Acrobat", "After The Dance Is Through", and "Information 411". CD features four bonus tracks – "After The Dance Is Through [[vocal mix)", "After The Dance Is Through [[inst)", "Nobody's Gonna Get This Lovin But You [[special version)", and "Nobody's Gonna Get This Lovin But You [[inst)".