[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Gay bashing won't bother marv2. He probably condones it.
    I know you guys have divergent views on this issue. However, this post is out of line. You've stayed above smearing him so far, please do so now. We can agree to disagree about a great many things, but I believe you're much better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I know you guys have divergent views on this issue. However, this post is out of line. You've stayed above smearing him so far, please do so now. We can agree to disagree about a great many things, but I believe you're much better than this.
    I don't recall you chastising him when he smeared me Jerry.

And yes, I am better than this.

Regards,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I don't recall you chastising him when he smeared me Jerry.

And yes, I am better than this.

Regards,

Roberta
    Please don't think I'm taking sides. I'm simply saying that it's over the line [[for me, anyway) to suggest that someone probably condones criminal behavior. I don't recall the specific post where Marv did that. I respect your opinion, but it seems to me that he's got you in a bad place in the last couple of days. You may recall that I haven't joined in on any of the back and forth because it's pointless to get worked up and excited over message board discussions. Life is too short and we should all be classy enough to move on.

atcsm Guest
    That is because when Marv goes over the line [[which he always does) the thread gets deleted to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Please don't think I'm taking sides. I'm simply saying that it's over the line [[for me, anyway) to suggest that someone probably condones criminal behavior. I don't recall the specific post where Marv did that. I respect your opinion, but it seems to me that he's got you in a bad place in the last couple of days. You may recall that I haven't joined in on any of the back and forth because it's pointless to get worked up and excited over message board discussions. Life is too short and we should all be classy enough to move on.
    I appreciate your response Jerry.

Fondly,

Roberta

All I have to add to this thread is I have never missed a family funeral and I didnt go to my own sisters funeral [[and yes we got along fine) because of constant leg spasms. I got reemed out by a cousin fo rit. My brother and mother understood but this cousin didnt. I couldnt get into a car at the time of my accident that is why Arethas plight is understood by me.

Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post

Speculating on whether someone is gay is not furthering anyone's agenda.
    Soulster, ask yourself why you never hear the term "Straight agenda" used when people are discussing male and female relationship rumors.
    You have a point. Except, I do not discuss any kind of relationship rumors.

I suggest to you that the word "agenda" comes up because it's all about numbers. There are apparently more heterosexuals than homosexuals. Also, the straights have no history of attempting to "out" people as straight. But, you tell me something: why does it seem that on this board, there are some people I assume are gay, insist on leaving open the question of weather Whitney Houston is a lesbian, or had a lesbian affair, when there is no evidence supports such a rumor? Whitney got together with Bobby Brown and they got married. They were happy with each other by their own accounts, and that is on the record. Then, you have someone who speculates that she was forced, or coerced into marrying a man to kill rumors. Even if it were true, when people act on rumors, it leads to all kinds of problems.

Isn't it better to leave this alone? What purpose would be served by perpetuating such rumors and speculation without any sliver of evidence to back it up? People of the same sex can be very close friends without "going there". They can be very close without being gay. In fact, it seems to me that allowing such thought plays into the backward stereotypes that gays, and people who are falsely accused of being gay, want to destroy.
    I don't know which team you play on, but you have to remember that, again, it's all about population size. It's not like it's 50/50. Even if it is split 50/50 straights and gays, and all those people around the world are just hiding their identity, we should accept what people tell us they want to be identified as.

Tammi Terell's love life has been discussed ad naseaum here, including who had beat her, and I've never read one person state that it was furthuring straight peoples agenda. Gossip is gossip.
    I don't know a thing about Tammi Terrell except that she sang some duets with Marvin Gaye, died as a result of a horrible accident, and Marvin took it very hard. Anything else, I don't know, and don't care, as I do not read gossip, especially around here.

I'm sorry if I implied you're a homophobe.
    I grew up like most straight guys. Anything gay is taboo. I have gay male co-workers and acquaintances. While I no problem with gays, I do feel a bit uncomfortable around them, and that is because of social conditioning. Give straights some room to get comfortable with it. Lesbians are a different matter. With most lesbian couples I know, personally, too, there always seems to be one that has a domineering, almost hyper-macho demeanor, while the other one seems to be more passive. That is the stereotypical heterosexual model that even most straights don't conform to. I do not know any gay male couples, or have seen any male gay couples to draw any comparisons.

But I would advise dropping that term, because it's straight out of the Anita Bryant playbook.
    My knowledge of Anita Bryant is that she was a 50s pop singer, hawked orange juice in the 70s, and is ultra-conservative. I hear her mentioned a lot by gays. I never paid much attention to why.

I can dig talking about FACTS and not gossip. However, this board has always had it's fair share of gossip and facts.
    Yeah, I know. The gossip is very annoying to me, only because there is so much of it without regard to anything factual. It's like people are more comfortable with rumors.

...[[Including your most ardent cheerleader on this thread, who is FAR more speculation and heresay than fact)
    Yeahhhh...i've noticed that...

There's another topic on this very same page with gossip about Cissy ordering funeral employees to take lie detector tests. Reading the replies, I don't see anyone ordering the topic to be closed because it's gossip. And you even responded to it. You can't have it both ways.
    It does seem unlikely that she would order a polygraph. I briefly addressed it just in case, but I did not treat it like it was a fact. If you also noticed, I commented on the logistics of such a test. It wouldn't work! Not even having the attendees would have worked. And, who in the hell would sign such a document upon entering a viewing, even if one were created for such an event? That is why I said that if I could advise Ms. Houston, I would tell her to get professional counseling, and have time to grieve.
    I know the administrator reads these threads,
    Ralph reads these threads when his attention is called to them, and I predict he either closes this one or removes it when he has had enough of the BS. And it's my hunch that someone who has posted on this thread is very close to getting banned. So, everybody, cut the clawing.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-25-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: formatting errors

Soulster, I am glad you replied. And I like I said, I apologize if in any way I suggested that you were a homophobe. That was not my intent, and you do not come across as one. I just didn't understand why people get upset over the mere mention of this rumor. But whatever. Everyone has different reasons, and I accept and understand yours. I will let it rest now. But I think it's great that we can have a civil and intelligent debate over these issues.

Now as for the other BS, all of THAT could have been resolved had one person simply said they were sorry yesterday. I was an adult and apologized to him, yet his response to me was cocky and completely disrespectful. That's not acceptable. I want and I deserve an apology. He talks about being smeared, well that goes both ways. Why keep alluding to some agenda that you think I have when I clearly stated that there was none? And if he's not going to apologize, then Ralph can explain why that's okay. I am not out to cause trouble or to look to get anyone banned. But I think it's only fair that every member on this board be treated in the same manner. With the same level or respect. That's all.

Soulster, I am glad you replied. And I like I said, I apologize if in any way I suggested that you were a homophobe. ....Now as for the other BS, all of THAT could have been resolved had one person simply said they were sorry yesterday. I was an adult and apologized to him, yet his response to me was cocky and completely disrespectful. That's not acceptable. I want and I deserve an apology. He talks about being smeared, well that goes both ways. Why keep alluding to some agenda that you think I have when I clearly stated that there was none? And if he's not going to apologize, then Ralph can explain why that's okay. I am not out to cause trouble or to look to get anyone banned. But I think it's only fair that every member on this board be treated in the same manner. With the same level or respect. That's all.
    There does seem to be two levels of how people are treated and banned here. I used to spend most of my time here outside of the Motown Forumn discussing other classic groups like EWF, Stylistics etc. I stayed out of the Motown Forum because I heard so many people talking about how negative it was. I'm here now and I am understanding what was meant. It was big of you to post an apology. But I think your expectations were too high when you expected one in return. We will find out today. It was posted yesterday to please wait because a celebration of a 10000th post was going on. So now with the celebration over, your apology is probably forthcoming.

Fine, Marv. I apologize for my harsh words. I was wrong.

But I have no agenda, and for you to keep insinuating that is not okay. You don't know me, or my motives in posting. Stop trying to sling mud at me for responding to another poster. You have nothing to even do with the conversation at hand, so why are you trying to portray me in such a negative light?

I want an apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am busy at the moment celebrating hitting the 10,000 post mark! Allow me this moment!