[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know people who talk more about this than they do about the fact that an officer killed an innocent, UNARMED young man in the bathroom of his home & was found to have followed proper procedure by the N.Y.P.D.

Again...PRIORITIES!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    I know people who talk more about this than they do about the fact that an officer killed an innocent, UNARMED young man in the bathroom of his home & was found to have followed proper procedure by the N.Y.P.D.

Again...PRIORITIES!
    Hey Juice, did you see one of earlier posts? I mentioned that too as an example! He was only 19 years old and yep......unarmed! Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Think about this, if Aretha was really uninvited then why didn't Cissy let Dionne know?
    This does not compute
    BAM! There you go! P-Shark you done shut it down!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Bottom line: who the f*ck cares if Aretha didn't go to the funeral or why? The funeral is over, and has been over for four days!!! Does no one care about how the republikkkans are trying to screw this country? Does no one care about the gas prices? Does no one here care that education is under attack?
    Right on! They are reporting gas prices and unemployment to go back up!

Bottom line: who the f*ck cares if Aretha didn't go to the funeral or why? The funeral is over, and has been over for four days!!! Does no one care about how the republikkkans are trying to screw this country? Does no one care about the gas prices? Does no one here care that education is under attack?
    I'm sure people do care about gas prices and education etc etc....but Soulster, the clue as to why people are talking about Aretha and the funeral is in the title of the thread.

I love that Soulster; that line made me laugh: "Who the fuck cares if Aretha Franklin went to the funeral or not?" It's a done deal.

Certainly, Ms. Franklin will set the world straight on any misapprehensions about anything she has done or thinks or feels and the Lord knows, remember she is the QUEEN OF SOUL.

I think the answer to your question is that Aretha Franklin is one outspoken diva and from not paying her bills to the way she is to be addressed to her weight to her illnesses to the drapes she used to use to dress herself...........EVERYTHING is an issue to her and about her. And people would love to move onto something lighter than Whitney's loss: something like a good scrap involving Aretha. The regret there is that Aretha is not so big anymore and so if she fell on anyone in a fight, they might now survive.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I love that Soulster; that line made me laugh: "Who the fuck cares if Aretha Franklin went to the funeral or not?" It's a done deal.

Certainly, Ms. Franklin will set the world straight on any misapprehensions about anything she has done or thinks or feels and the Lord knows, remember she is the QUEEN OF SOUL.

I think the answer to your question is that Aretha Franklin is one outspoken diva and from not paying her bills to the way she is to be addressed to her weight to her illnesses to the drapes she used to use to dress herself...........EVERYTHING is an issue to her and about her. And people would love to move onto something lighter than Whitney's loss: something like a good scrap involving Aretha. The regret there is that Aretha is not so big anymore and so if she fell on anyone in a fight, they might now survive.
    Can anyone explain what this guy is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I think Aretha turned him down for a date back in the '50s so he's trashing her to protect his ego. Or something like that [[check out post #34 to see how Soulster put it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I think Aretha turned him down for a date back in the '50s so he's trashing her to protect his ego. Or something like that [[check out post #34 to see how Soulster put it).
    Thank you Jerry. I knew that "there would be an answer...... Hey Jobeterob, let it be!"

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I'm sure people do care about gas prices and education etc etc....but Soulster, the clue as to why people are talking about Aretha and the funeral is in the title of the thread.
    I am not the only one who has mentioned that there are more important things to think about. My point is that there's no use of obsessing over something that happened days ago. Can't anyone here just take Aretha's word for it that her leg was bothering her and leave it at that?

I ain't touchin' it!

Thank you Jerry. I knew that "there would be an answer...... Hey Jobeterob, let it be!"
    Speakin' words of wisdom!

Some people on this board are more drama queens, than the celebrities themselves.

I have to comment, because some of these responses are ridiculous.

No, I don't know that the rumors are true. But neither do any of you. So please stop saying they're automatically false. What difference does it make if she was gay or in a relationship with Robin? The only ones that are getting upset are the ones who are making it seem like being gay is dirty and immoral. Take that up somewhere else and keep it moving.

Robin, BTW, wrote a beautiful article touching on the years she was spent with Whitney. You can tell that regardless of the nature of their relationship, they were very close and were each others rocks. I would hope that the Houston family had the common decency to invite her to the funeral, even if she declined.

Furthermore, I dismiss the excuse that it's not true because Whitney never publicly said she was gay. Everyone and their uncle knew Luther Vandross was gay, but he could not live his life out and proud. The hyporcrisy of the church going folk is something else. They have no problem having someone who had sex with underage girls stand up at the pulpit and sing their hearts out, but a gay or lesbian is immoral? Come on. Where was the outcry over R. Kelly singing at Whitney's funeral? No one brought up his crazy and disturbing issues or questioned why he was invited.

The Houston family has tried it's hardest to make Bobby Brown the scapegoat and sole reason for Whintey's drug abuse. So I honestly would not put it past them to attempt to hinder her feelings towards woman. Especially since she was big in the gospel market.

Tyler Perry said something during the service that I thought was very interesting. Something about how he didn't think she would speak much less sing due to an incident that happened in her childhood. I think there's a lot there that is not being talked about or that has been kept under wraps.

Again, my opinion. None of us knows what really went on.

Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post

No, I don't know that the rumors are true. But neither do any of you. So please stop saying they're automatically false. What difference does it make if she was gay or in a relationship with Robin? The only ones that are getting upset are the ones who are making it seem like being gay is dirty and immoral. Take that up somewhere else and keep it moving.

Robin, BTW, wrote a beautiful article touching on the years she was spent with Whitney. You can tell that regardless of the nature of their relationship, they were very close and were each others rocks. I would hope that the Houston family had the common decency to invite her to the funeral, even if she declined.

Furthermore, I dismiss the excuse that it's not true because Whitney never publicly said she was gay. Everyone and their uncle knew Luther Vandross was gay, but he could not live his life out and proud. The hyporcrisy of the church going folk is something else. They have no problem having someone who had sex with underage girls stand up at the pulpit and sing their hearts out, but a gay or lesbian is immoral? Come on. Where was the outcry over R. Kelly singing at Whitney's funeral? No one brought up his crazy and disturbing issues or questioned why he was invited.

The Houston family has tried it's hardest to make Bobby Brown the scapegoat and sole reason for Whintey's drug abuse. So I honestly would not put it past them to attempt to hinder her feelings towards woman. Especially since she was big in the gospel market.

Tyler Perry said something during the service that I thought was very interesting. Something about how he didn't think she would speak much less sing due to an incident that happened in her childhood. I think there's a lot there that is not being talked about or that has been kept under wraps.

Again, my opinion. None of us knows what really went on.
    Beautifully stated thaperson.

Fondly,

Roberta

Luther was gay?!

Oh, and if Robin was Whitney's rock, she would have put her in a pipe and smoked her years ago. Just sayin'.

Luther was gay?!
    If you mean Luther Vandross, yes, he was. That is common knowledge, and should have been obvious to anyone who listens to his music. Not only that, I saw him admit it on Oprah back in the 90s.

If you mean Luther Vandross, yes, he was. That is common knowledge, and should have been obvious to anyone who listens to his music. Not only that, I saw him admit it on Oprah back in the 90s.
    I was being sarcastic. It's none of our business if Luther or Whitney or Michael or anybody else is gay, IMO.

Wait a minute, did you say you used to watch Oprah? [[raises eyebrow suspiciously...)

No, I don't know that the rumors are true. But neither do any of you. So please stop saying they're automatically false.
    Please stop saying the rumors are true, or entertaining the idea. Why do gays keep jumping on every opportunity to insinuate that someone famous is, or may be gay? I'm not anti-gay, but c'mon! It sounds like they are trying very hard to push an agenda.

What difference does it make if she was gay or in a relationship with Robin?
    Because it's not true, and there is no evidence that she, or Robin, is. I don't follow everything like you all do, but I think they have even denied it. So, why can't you all take their word for it and move on?

The only ones that are getting upset are the ones who are making it seem like being gay is dirty and immoral. Take that up somewhere else and keep it moving.
    Nonsense! Some of us are just interested in facts, and not rumors.

Furthermore, I dismiss the excuse that it's not true because Whitney never publicly said she was gay.
    You prefer to believe in rumors?

Everyone and their uncle knew Luther Vandross was gay, but he could not live his life out and proud. The hyporcrisy of the church going folk is something else. They have no problem having someone who had sex with underage girls stand up at the pulpit and sing their hearts out, but a gay or lesbian is immoral? Come on. Where was the outcry over R. Kelly singing at Whitney's funeral? No one brought up his crazy and disturbing issues or questioned why he was invited.
    Agreed! But, what about christians being forgiving of people like R. Kelly, or, say...hmmmm...Chris Brown?

True. But, again, unless there are FACTS to back up the claim that Whitney was gay, you really should leave it alone.

So, let it lie. Do we need to know what it is? No. I certainly don't.

Again, my opinion.
    Thank God for that!

I was being sarcastic. It's none of our business if Luther or Whitney or Michael or anybody else is gay, IMO.

Wait a minute, did you say you used to watch Oprah? [[raises eyebrow suspiciously...)
    I recall being in the living room when my sister was watching the show. Don't get excited!

I recall being in the living room when my sister was watching the show. Don't get excited!
    My bad. All of this he said/she said has me looking at everybody with a queer eye. Oops, I mean suspiciously.

My bad. All of this he said/she said has me looking at everybody with a queer eye. Oops, I mean suspiciously.
    Jerry, you'd better watch it! These people will go off over what you just said....LOL!

Luther was gay?!

Oh, and if Robin was Whitney's rock, she would have put her in a pipe and smoked her years ago. Just sayin'.
    You are too funny! LOL!

Please stop saying the rumors are true, or entertaining the idea. Why do gays keep jumping on every opportunity to insinuate that someone famous is, or may be gay? I'm not anti-gay, but c'mon! It sounds like they are trying very hard to push an agenda.

Because it's not true, and there is no evidence that she, or Robin, is. I don't follow everything like you all do, but I think they have even denied it. So, why can't you all take their word for it and move on?

Nonsense! Some of us are just interested in facts, and not rumors.

You prefer to believe in rumors?

Agreed! But, what about christians being forgiving of people like R. Kelly, or, say...hmmmm...Chris Brown?

True. But, again, unless there are FACTS to back up the claim that Whitney was gay, you really should leave it alone.

So, let it lie. Do we need to know what it is? No. I certainly don't.

Thank God for that!
    Excellent rebuttal Soulster!

I'm not saying the rumors are definetely true. I stated in my post that I didn't know for sure. But I said [[and I believe it) that it might be. I don't know why it bothers you so much if people simply say she's gay. Seriously, with all the stuff that's been put out there in the media about her, this is what you find the most offensive?

You want to talk forgiveness, then why is it easier to forgive a sex offender and a woman beater over someone who's only "Crime" is loving someone of the same sex? The sex offender and woman beater destroy people's lives, yet they're given more acceptance and forgiveness? And since when is love a sin?

Unless you were in Whitney's inner circle, you don't know the exact facts. The gay rumors were around since she started. There are a lot of stories all over the web about it. It is what it is. And the only people who know the true nature of it are Whitney and Robyn. Not you or me.

I don't need to know what it really is or was. But I don't want the mere mention of it to be treated like the plague either. If we were talking about her rumored relationships with Robert De Niro and Eddie Murphy, would you be this mad? Or would people even care that much? Of course not.

No "agenda" here at all. And please stop using that term. It's offensive.

I'm not saying the rumors are definetely true. I stated in my post that I didn't know for sure. But I said [[and I believe it) that it might be. I don't know why it bothers you so much if people simply say she's gay. Seriously, with all the stuff that's been put out there in the media about her, this is what you find the most offensive?

You want to talk forgiveness, then why is it easier to forgive a sex offender and a woman beater over someone who's only "Crime" is loving someone of the same sex? The sex offender and woman beater destroy people's lives, yet they're given more acceptance and forgiveness? And since when is love a sin?

Unless you were in Whitney's inner circle, you don't know the exact facts. The gay rumors were around since she started. There are a lot of stories all over the web about it. It is what it is. And the only people who know the true nature of it are Whitney and Robyn. Not you or me.

I don't need to know what it really is or was. But I don't want the mere mention of it to be treated like the plague either. If we were talking about her rumored relationships with Robert De Niro and Eddie Murphy, would you be this mad? Or would people even care that much? Of course not.

And where's the forgiveness for Wendy Williams?

I don't know if Whitney was gay or not. I'm more worried about the rumors that she might have been a drug abuser. I personally don't believe she was the sort of girl who would hang around homosexuals or drug users and it is unfortunate that people say these harsh things about her. [[sarcasm off)

What's with this debate? If she was gay, that paled in comparison with the fact that she threw it all away through substance abuse. With that said, nothing matters other than the fact that she's now dead and gone. She can't speak to her problems and doesn't owe any of us any explanations for the choices she made in life. Just as we don't need to 'fess up to fellow message board members the horrific/stoopid/unfortunate/WTF things we all have done over the course of our lives.

I don't know why it bothers you so much if people simply say she's gay.
    It bothers us because it's not a...ummm...a FACT? Look, don't try to paint me [[us) as homophobic. It's just that it is not right to call someone gay without any facts to back it up with. You do understand what facts are, don't you? You can also get sued for slander or libel for calling someone gay without proof. You can even get the owner of this forum in legal trouble for posting stuff like that.

Seriously, with all the stuff that's been put out there in the media about her, this is what you find the most offensive?
    There is evidence to back up a lot of that other stuff.

Your question is for someone else. I have no problem with gays and lesbians. In fact, I think it's cool to see, and maybe even be with two hot lesbians in action! Up close and personal!

Unless you were in Whitney's inner circle, you don't know the exact facts.
    If you were in Whitney's inner circle, you would know the facts and shut up about it. You clearly were never in her inner circle. You are just a gay fan who is wishing beyond hope that some crumb of evidence will one day turn up that Whitney was a lesbian. There are no crumbs.

The gay rumors were around since she started.
    Who the freak cares? All I care about is her musical and acting legacy.

There are a lot of stories all over the web about it.
    There are a lot of baseless rumor and speculation on the net about everything. Do you believe everything you read, or just what falls in with your belief system?

It is what it is.
    ...and FACT - it aint!

And the only people who know the true nature of it are Whitney and Robyn. Not you or me.
    You aren't saying anything to support your claim. I deal in facts, not speculation or rumor. Our legal system deals with fact, not speculation or rumor. If it did, we'd all be an a world of trouble!

You want to believe that there is truth in all that speculation.

Why?
    Last edited by soulster; 02-24-2012 at 11:08 PM.

I don't know if Whitney was gay or not. I'm more worried about the rumors that she might have been a drug abuser.
    Damn! You guys are worse than Fox news! You all should pester Roger Ailes for a job!

Your question is for someone else. I have no problem with gays and lesbians. In fact, I think it's cool to see, and maybe even be with two hot lesbians in action! Up close and personal!
    Is this sexist or homosexist?

Is this sexist or homosexist?
    Neither! It's called beautiful and blissful! Don't knock it until you've seen it live!

None of you have any sense of humor!
    Last edited by soulster; 02-24-2012 at 11:34 PM.

It bothers us because it's not a...ummm...a FACT? Look, don't try to paint me [[us) as homophobic. It's just that it is not right to call someone gay without any facts to back it up with. You do understand what facts are, don't you? You can also get sued for slander or libel for calling someone gay without proof. You can even get the owner of this forum in legal trouble for posting stuff like that.

There is evidence to back up a lot of that other stuff.

If you were in Whitney's inner circle, you would know the facts and shut up about it. You clearly were never in her inner circle. You are just a gay fan who is wishing beyond hope that some crumb of evidence will one day turn up that Whitney was a lesbian. There are no crumbs.

Who the freak cares? All I care about is her musical and acting legacy.

There are a lot of baseless rumor and speculation on the net about everything. Do you believe everything you read, or just what falls in with your belief system?

...and FACT - it aint!

You aren't saying anything to support your claim. I deal in facts, not speculation or rumor. Our legal system deals with fact, not speculation or rumor. If it did, we'd all be an a world of trouble!

You want to believe that there is truth in all that speculation.

Why?
    Another excellent rebuttal Soulster. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You would make a great attorney or judge. It is pretty clear to me what is going on here. Just keep on telling the truth and respecting the FACTS! You will never go wrong.

Neither! It's called beautiful and blissful! Don't knock it until you've seen it live!

None of you have any sense of humor!
    I have a sense of humor. Hence, I created a word: "homosexist" that I think is funny. I'm sure someone will now Google it, find it, and bust my bubble. That is the person that has no sense of humor, my friend.

Another excellent rebuttal Soulster. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You would make a great attorney or judge. It is pretty clear to me what is going on here. Just keep on telling the truth and respecting the FACTS! You will never go wrong.
    You wanna fund my law school education and pay back my student loans?

I have a sense of humor. Hence, I created a word: "homosexist" that I think is funny. I'm sure someone will now Google it, find it, and bust my bubble. That is the person that has no sense of humor, my friend.
    You don't think seeing two hot naked lesbians in action is beautiful?

You don't think two hot lesbians making out is beautiful?
    Depends on the lesbians. Somebody might think Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen Degeneres are "hot".

Besides, I can't answer "no" around here without being called a homophobe and I can't say "yes" without being thought a chauvinist. So, I guess my answer to the question should be: "Meh".

Depends on the lesbians. Somebody might think Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen Degeneres are "hot".

Besides, I can't answer "no" around here without being called a homophobe and I can't say "yes" without being thought a chauvinist. So, I guess my answer to the question should be: "Meh".
    Well, I am not a chauvinist. I just love women. But, I do not want to see Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen Degeneres get it on! Nnnnnnn....no!

You wanna fund my law school education and pay back my student loans?
    I didn't say all that now. LOL! But if you do good and get licensed in New York State, I would hire you when the need arises.

I've seen that before. What does "Meh" mean?

I've seen that before. What does "Meh" mean?
    If you Google it up, you find that it means indifference. Google Chrome is great. All you have to do is highlight a word or phrase, right-click, and look it up.

Marv, you're the last person to talk about telling the truth and respecting facts. Cut the comedy, please.

Soulster, ask yourself why you never hear the term "Straight agenda" used when people are discussing male and female relationship rumors. Tammi Terell's love life has been discussed ad naseaum here, including who had beat her, and I've never read one person state that it was furthuring straight peoples agenda. Gossip is gossip. Speculating on whether someone is gay is not furthering anyone's agenda. I'm sorry if I implied you're a homophobe. But I would advise dropping that term, because it's straight out of the Anita Bryant playbook. Straight people gossip about whether someone is gay or not too.

I can dig talking about FACTS and not gossip. However, this board has always had it's fair share of gossip and facts. [[Including your most ardent cheerleader on this thread, who is FAR more speculation and heresay than fact) There's another topic on this very same page with gossip about Cissy ordering funeral employees to take lie detector tests. Reading the replies, I don't see anyone ordering the topic to be closed because it's gossip. And you even responded to it. You can't have it both ways.

If you Google it up, you find that it means indifference. Google Chrome is great. All you have to do is highlight a word or phrase, right-click, and look it up.
    Thanks Soulster.

Marv, you're the last person to talk about telling the truth and respecting facts. Cut the comedy, please.

Soulster, ask yourself why you never hear the term "Straight agenda" used when people are discussing male and female relationship rumors. Tammi Terell's love life has been discussed ad naseaum here, including who had beat her, and I've never read one person state that it was furthuring straight peoples agenda. Gossip is gossip. Speculating on whether someone is gay is not furthering anyone's agenda. I'm sorry if I implied you're a homophobe. But I would advise dropping that term, because it's straight out of the Anita Bryant playbook. Straight people gossip about whether someone is gay or not too.

I can dig talking about FACTS and not gossip. However, this board has always had it's fair share of gossip and facts. [[Including your most ardent cheerleader on this thread, who is FAR more speculation and heresay than fact) There's another topic on this very same page with gossip about Cissy ordering funeral employees to take lie detector tests. Reading the replies, I don't see anyone ordering the topic to be closed because it's gossip. And you even responded to it. You can't have it both ways.
    Look, I always tell the truth and it is offensive to me to have you, someone I do not know claim otherwise so you better cut the crap. If you do have some type of agenda, then start a thread so that you anyone else interested in it can go and discuss it, but you had better stop trying to slander me. You don't even know me or have ever met me!

Fine, Marv. I apologize for my harsh words. I was wrong.

But I have no agenda, and for you to keep insinuating that is not okay. You don't know me, or my motives in posting. Stop trying to sling mud at me for responding to another poster. You have nothing to even do with the conversation at hand, so why are you trying to portray me in such a negative light?

I want an apology.

Fine, Marv. I apologize for my harsh words. I was wrong.

But I have no agenda, and for you to keep insinuating that is not okay. You don't know me, or my motives in posting. Stop trying to sling mud at me for responding to another poster. You have nothing to even do with the conversation at hand, so why are you trying to portray me in such a negative light?

I want an apology.
    I am busy at the moment celebrating hitting the 10,000 post mark! Allow me this moment!

I know the administrator reads these threads, so I'm going to say it here. I want an apology for one posters comments in terms of why I post here.

I was adult enough to apologize to said poster, I deserve the same respect in return. I am not going to stand by and be made a fool out of. All board members have the same rules, do they not? There is no reason why said person can not apologize. He doesn't know me, so how can he keep alluding to some hidden agenda that I supposedly have? It's lies.

Please rectify this. Thank you.

I know the administrator reads these threads, so I'm going to say it here. I want an apology for one posters comments in terms of why I post here.

I was adult enough to apologize to said poster, I deserve the same respect in return. I am not going to stand by and be made a fool out of. All board members have the same rules, do they not? There is no reason why said person can not apologize. He doesn't know me, so how can he keep alluding to some hidden agenda that I supposedly have? It's lies.

Please rectify this. Thank you.
    I wouldn't hold your breath thaperson. marv2 can make veiled violent threats against other posters, write homophobic slurs and trash the original lead singer of the Supremes on a daily basis and gets carte blanche to do so.

You have class. marv2 doesn't.

Best to you,

Roberta

Marv,

In posts #4 & 8, which guy from the UK are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Marv,

In posts #4 & 8, which guy from the UK are you talking about?
    Some newspaper reporter for one of the papers in the UK [[I don't know his name, but a link to his article is in one of the recent threads here). He wrote a story several days after Whitney Houston passed claiming that the reason Whitney turned to drugs is because she wasn't allowed to be a happy lesbian or something like that. He made allegations that Whitney dated her female friend Robyn. He wrote all of this without any veriable proof and after she cannot speak up for herself now.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.

atcsm Guest
    He does have immunity, doesn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath thaperson. marv2 can make veiled violent threats against other posters, write homophobic slurs and trash the original lead singer of the Supremes on a daily basis and gets carte blanche to do so.

You have class. marv2 doesn't.

Best to you,

Roberta

Marv,

I think you mean the article written by Peter Tatchell. My personal feeling is that it was insensitive for him to have written the article at this time.

However, I must point out that he is a political activist, not a journalist. This is the man who was beaten up by Robert Mugabe's bodyguards when he tried to perform a citizen's arrest on him in London because of his atrocities in Zimbabwe, and also by the Moscow police when campaigning for human rights in Russia. He risked his life, and the head injuries he sustained left him with permanent hearing impairment.

It was stated above that the article was written for money. That woulld have been the last thing on Mr Tatchell's mind. Rightly or wrongly, he wrote the article to fulfil his political agenda, not for monetary gain, and I feel I ought to set the record straight on that point.