[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Was Aretha Franklin Uninvited to Whitney's Funeral by Cissy Houston?

So what do you think of this all of u .. she's too old leg spasm supporter's

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2012/0...sy_houston.php

Aretha Franklin was a no-show at Whitney Houston's funeral on Saturday because she was suffering from leg spasms, or was it because she angered the late singer's mother with remarks she made during a Friday appearance on "Today"? Was it a little disrespect?
    aretha-franklin.jpg

Franklin, 69, unexpectedly canceled her scheduled performance at Houston's funeral service. Dionne Warwick was apparently unaware that Aretha wasn't there, and called for her to come to the pulpit, saying, "Oh, 'Re's not here?"

In what sounded like veiled criticism, Aretha told Al Roker, "Parents really have to talk to their children before they leave home. They have to make sure when they leave home, they have all the right things. She left home with all the right things, but she just kind of lost her way along the way."

Mariah Carey Talks Whitney Houston Death

The statement was said to have upset Cissy Houston, who then reportedly uninvited Franklin to the service. Franklin's spokeswoman denied the story, citing leg spasms as the reason for her absence.

Read more: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2012/0...#ixzz1ltdu0RPO

I saw that on Inside Edition yesterday. Can't confirm if it was true. Also saw that sleeze-bag that was Whitney's limo driver today saying that Whitney and Bobby use to do crack in his limo. People will do or say anything to make a dollar.

Its hard to believe-Aretha affirmed Whitney "leaving home with the right things." Am I missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Its hard to believe-Aretha affirmed Whitney "leaving home with the right things." Am I missing something??
    You didn't miss anything. All that stuff about Aretha being uninvited by Cissy is just more made up Bull$%*T! Get ready for more of it like that made up fantasy crap that guy from the U.K. wrote about Whitney and her friend Robyn. It seems that this has become the custom. Wait until a person passes away and then start saying and making up all kinds of crazy things to make money over their dead body! It's disgusting, but it is reality in the World we live in today.

This strange story reminded me of the time back in 2009 when Aretha tried to stand up somewhere and her leg gave out causing her to fall and fracture or bruise her ribs. We were all disappointed because she was suppose to do her concert at Coney Island in August of that year. More recently she had a little accident at home and fractored a toe I believe.

There is no way in the World anyone could get me to believe that Cissy Houston would uninvite Aretha to the services. They have been friends for over 50 years, but are deeply religious, strong women. I can't see it happening.

I could believe Cissy being disappointed that Aretha was unable to make it. I also believe that she understood.

fantasy crap that guy from the U.K. wrote about Whitney and her friend Robyn.
    Now if that was'nt the lowest..I did'nt believe a word of that What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Exactly! He doesn't even know Whitney or lives in this country, yet he waited until the day after she was buried to start talking about her and things that have never been proven and then uses that weak ass, "but it's ok if she was" and she was this and she was that and he is a lying ass period. It has gone beyond urban myth with someone like that starts writing these stories. Doing it for the cash!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Aretha has lost a lot of fans over this.

Aretha has lost a lot of fans over this.
    And I'm one of them.The fact that she went on and partied at her show the night of ..after claiming legs spasm..Come on Ree

Name:  arr.jpg
Views: 5221
Size:  90.8 KB

My top 2
    Last edited by abfan; 02-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Is 'Ree' wearing that mini skirt so she can show everyone exactly whereabouts she was having the spasms?

Who is that she's standing with, Anita Baker?

Who is that she's standing with, Anita Baker?
    Yes that's a old pic..Just stated I'm a huge Fan of both .. aka abfan

You don't believe that Whitney and Robyn were a couple? It's been rumored for years that Robyn Crawford was Whitney's lover.

Even if it's true.... Really is this the time to make it a Gay agenda..The fool even stated she may have committed suicide because she could'nt live happily as a lesbian

"Parents really have to talk to their children before they leave home. They have to make sure when they leave home, they have all the right things. She left home with all the right things, but she just kind of lost her way along the way."

Where is the "veiled criticism"? I see a compliment... "She left home with all the right things"... meaning her Mama taught her right, but she lost her way anyway, seems to be the main message.

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't... go to the funeral and possibly be accused of trying to upstage the deceased, or whatever other negativity they can bring up. Don't go, and you're insensitive and uncaring and blah blah blah.

Aretha didn't lose ME as a fan. Whether she did a show, or "partied"... what do you think was the main or even sole topic of conversation at that party? Was she expected to jump on the funeral pyre? Everyone mourns differently and has other life issues to deal with. People also want to be around other people at times of great loss.

JMO

and p.s. Why couldn't Whitney have lived happily as a lesbian if she wanted to? At this date and time? Ten, fifteen years ago maybe. I'm not saying she was or wasn't, I just don't give a tinker's dam and don't think anyone else really does anymore.
    Last edited by kalisa; 02-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Everyone mourns differently and has other life issues to deal with
    First off Aretha Agreed to be there and sing a solo.. She was on every talk show there was yapping about her love for the family and Whitney..Then the day of, it was Jesse Jackson on CNN who reported she would'nt be able to attend.As you saw Dionne. Did'nt even know she was a no show... It's not like she had to travel from Detroit,she was 30 minutes away in NY...She didnt have to sing, but show up for gods sake..Her excuse was Lame

Even if it's true.... Really is this the time to make it a Gay agenda..The fool even stated she may have committed suicide because she could'nt live happily as a lesbian

Exactly where in the article did Mr. Tatchell state that Whitney may have committed suicide?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Crawford.html

Let Whitney rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You don't believe that Whitney and Robyn were a couple? It's been rumored for years that Robyn Crawford was Whitney's lover.
    Rumored! Born out of jealousy of her success! The same kinda talk went on in the seventies when Donna Summer became the number one aritist. "Rumor" was that she was really a tranvestite [[sp?). A few years ago, they did the same thing to Alicia Keys. It was "rumored" that she was gay all of sudden. I am sure it has happened to other very popular artists so you must take it with a grain of salt.

He is lying. I "heard" from someone that grew up with Whitney that it was some dude from the neighborhood that started that rumor years ago before she was famous just because she rejected him and wouldn't give him any........
    Last edited by marv2; 02-22-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisa View Post
    "Parents really have to talk to their children before they leave home. They have to make sure when they leave home, they have all the right things. She left home with all the right things, but she just kind of lost her way along the way."

Where is the "veiled criticism"? I see a compliment... "She left home with all the right things"... meaning her Mama taught her right, but she lost her way anyway, seems to be the main message.

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't... go to the funeral and possibly be accused of trying to upstage the deceased, or whatever other negativity they can bring up. Don't go, and you're insensitive and uncaring and blah blah blah.

Aretha didn't lose ME as a fan. Whether she did a show, or "partied"... what do you think was the main or even sole topic of conversation at that party? Was she expected to jump on the funeral pyre? Everyone mourns differently and has other life issues to deal with. People also want to be around other people at times of great loss.

JMO

and p.s. Why couldn't Whitney have lived happily as a lesbian if she wanted to? At this date and time? Ten, fifteen years ago maybe. I'm not saying she was or wasn't, I just don't give a tinker's dam and don't think anyone else really does anymore.
    There you go Kalisa. Now this is good and well thought out post!

Quote Originally Posted by kalisa View Post

JMO

I can't imagine Cissy, or Saint Cissy, as she's known in NJ and NYC as, uninviting Aretha to Whitney's funeral. I just don't see it.

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Is 'Ree' wearing that mini skirt so she can show everyone exactly whereabouts she was having the spasms?
    LOLOL!!!
    On Ree, nothing is ever 'mini'.

selinasian Guest
    'Gay agenda'! What do you mean, dear?

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    LOLOL!!!
    On Ree, nothing is ever 'mini'.
    What is this fool talking about?

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What is this fool talking about?
    Oh change the record, 'straight' Marv. That's two separate threads you've used this quote on.
    I'm referring to the fact that, on the rather plump Aretha Franklin, a mini skirt would look like a kaftan on a, shall we say, more slender frame.
    You of all should know about frocks. As a 'straight' man.
    Last edited by selinasian; 02-23-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    Oh change the record, 'straight' Marv. That's two separate threads you've used this quote on.
    I'm referring to the fact that, on the rather plump Aretha Franklin, a mini skirt would look like a kaftan on a, shall we say, more slender frame.
    You of all should know about frocks. As a 'staright' man.
    Are you trying to pick a fight with me or something? Are you one of the people Ralph had to ban and now you are back here and bitter about it?

A rumor is just a rumor until it is proven. Many times when two people of the same sex spend lots of time together, they are suddenly branded as "gay" because they don't seem to conform to social norms. It offends the sensibilities of these traditional-minded types, and who look for the easiest, lamest excuse for what they don't understand. That is the ignorant, backward mindset that starts these types of false rumors, and gets straight kids bullied in school. It's the same ignorant mindset that says that if a person gets to a certain age and doesn't marry or have kids, they are automatically assumed gay. It's the same mindset that brands less-than-macho boys as gay. It's the ignorance and fear that causes a father to not hug their sons.

It must stop.

I imagine that the "gay" allegations also come from gays that look for anything to champion their cause.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-22-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added two words and punctuation for clarity, changed some text

What difference does it make IF she was involved with Robyn? It's 2012!! It's legal now. Shouldnt be an issue period!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    A rumor is just a rumor until it is proven. Many times when two people of the same sex spend lots of time together, they are suddenly branded as "gay" because they don't seem to conform to social norms. It offends the sensibilities of these traditional-minded and look for the easiest, lamest excuse for what they don't understand. That is the ignorant, backward mindset that starts these types of false rumors, gets kids bullied in school. It's the same ignorant mindset that says that if a man gets to a certain age and doesn't marry a woman or have kids, he is automatically assumed gay. It's the same mindset that brands less-than-macho boys as gay. It's the ignorance and fear that causes a father to not hug their sons.

It must stop.

I imagine that the "gay" allegations also come from gays that look for anything to champion their cause.
    Would Cissy, or Saint Cissy, as she's known in NJ and NYC, have accepted Whitney if she told her mom she was a lesbian. This could be a huge factor in all of this.

Would Cissy, or Saint Cissy, as she's known in NJ and NYC, have accepted Whitney if she told her mom she was a lesbian. This could be a huge factor in all of this.
    I dunno ,but why don't you email her and ask her? This thread was about whether or not Aretha was disinvited to the funeral by Cissy Houston. Although I do not believe this occurred, it really is just a rumor made up by someone for some insane reason.

What difference does it make IF she was involved with Robyn? It's 2012!! It's legal now. Shouldnt be an issue period!!
    Because if it is not true, and there is no evidence, the idea should not be entertained. Did you read my post?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Although I do not believe this occurred, it really is just a rumor made up by someone for some insane reason.

That's true! I can fully see some dude making it up because his ego was hurt if she rejected his advances. We have all seen many guys do that. They can't accept that a woman would not want them, so the only way for them to save face, or to protect their self-esteem, they decide that lesbianism must be the only reason. In his mind, he's comforted, but then he spreads a lie.

abfan,

I believe that this may be nothing more than a fishing expedition in order to keep a hot story 'hot'.

We've seen this whenever someone famous dies. Suddenly, a classmate of theirs from the third grade wants to talk about their 'life' with so & so & will even discuss how they were hooked on cookies & milk & used to eat & drink them together.

I guess that aside from the speculatory nature of these 'stories', what I despise most about them is that "unnamed sources'' routine. Often times, ''Unnamed Sources'' is a most convenient way for whomever's writing something to throw out THEIR OWN opinion & speculation, side-stepping any responsibility by quoting an 'unnamed source'.

Kinda like when someone has someone toss their name out there for being considered for political office or even a new movie role.

I honestly believe that this is a case of someone who's not satisfied with the explanation given for Aretha's non-appearance & figures that there HAS to be something more to the story & has decided that his/her hypothesis is closer to the truth than what has already been stated.

I say this because as already pointed out, there was NOTHING said by Aretha in that article which could be twisted into a negative statement about Cissy. She clearly stated that Whitney was given all of the tools possible, but somehow fell by the wayside.

The writer set the tone for his/her direction & showed where THEY were coming from when they prefaced Aretha's quote by writing & I quote..."In what sounded like veiled criticism..."

I don't see ANY criticism, veiled or otherwise in what Aretha said. That's the writer insinuating HIS/HER beliefs into the matter. At best, it's misleading & deceptive, at worst, it's a lie & it's these kind of tactics that gives what passes as journalism these days a bad name.

And sadly, too many people for for 'journalism' such as this in which speculation & innuendo is presented pretty much as fact.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Aretha Franklin: Enough talk on why she missed Whitney's funeral!
    February 22, 2012

Aretha Franklin missed Whitney Houston's funeral Saturday, but there's simply no drama behind it all, the Queen of Soul insisted Wednesday, suggesting various media outlets should "stop the BS."

Franklin, who was invited to the funeral and reportedly on tap to sing "The Greatest Love of All," bowed out at the last minute for health reasons, leaving Dionne Warwick a bit surprised to learn that "Re" wasn't on hand when she was to step up to the front of the church.

Franklin explained in a statement Saturday obtained by "Extra" that she'd had every intention of attending, but "unfortunately I had terrible leg spasms and locked leg muscles until 4:00 a.m. this morning following my concert last night, which I've been having for the last few days. I feel it necessary and very important to stay off my leg today as much as possible until concert time this evening.

"My heart goes out to my dear friend Cissy [Houston], Dionne, Bobbi Kristina [Brown] and the rest of the family. May God keep them all."

But Wednesday's statement was another thing entirely.

"People are getting their information from the wrong source," Franklin said, according to the Detroit News. "The intelligent and the thoughtful thing to do would be to respect and have some sensitivity to the moment. If you don't know how, at least try. Cissy does not need ridiculous speculation and neither do I — particularly at this time."

The "ridiculous speculation" referred to talk of a rift between Cissy and Aretha, complete with an un-invitation, over comments the latter made in a "Today" interview that aired Friday.

"With respect to the 'Today' show, my entire statement was pretaped. However, the 'Today' show did not air the part of my statement, which said, 'This is no reflection on Cissy or Nippy's upbringing.'
    "Knowing Cissy as well as I do, I know Whitney left home right and properly. I was generalizing and it was a well-intended statement for any young adult coming into the music industry. I was not speaking of anyone specifically."

The interview, in which Franklin described her reaction to hearing of Houston's death, is no longer available on a "Today" show Web page where it had been posted.

"She was having her problems; she was having her challenges," Franklin told "Today," "but a lot of people have challenges of all kinds. ... You cannot define a person on just one thing. You can't just forget all these wonderful and good things that a person has done because one thing didn't come off the way you thought it should come off."

Whitney Houston died Feb. 11 in Beverly Hills. She was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton, submerged in the water. The cause of death has not officially been determined, pending results of toxicology and other tests.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/goss...n-funeral.html

smark21 Guest
    I agree, and the writer who wrote the article in questions has no problems with lesbianism. It's a shame a few of her fans are horrified of the thought that Whitney may have had a same sex relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I agree, and the writer who wrote the article in questions has no problems with lesbianism. It's a shame a few of her fans are horrified of the thought that Whitney may have had a same sex relationship.
    But, is there any evidence of it? Also, what would you rather live with, a belief based on rumor, or the truth based on fact?

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    abfan,

I believe that this may be nothing more than a fishing expedition in order to keep a hot story 'hot'.

We've seen this whenever someone famous dies. Suddenly, a classmate of theirs from the third grade wants to talk about their 'life' with so & so & will even discuss how they were hooked on cookies & milk & used to eat & drink them together.

I guess that aside from the speculatory nature of these 'stories', what I despise most about them is that "unnamed sources'' routine. Often times, ''Unnamed Sources'' is a most convenient way for whomever's writing somehing to throw out THEIR OWN opinion & speculation, side-stepping any responsibility by quoting an 'unnamed source'.

Kinda like when someone has someone toss their name out there for being considered for political office or even a new movie role.

I honestly believe that this is a case of someone who's not satisfied with the explanation given for Aretha's non-appearance & figures that there HAS to be something more to the story & has decided that his/her hypothesis is closer to the truth than what has already been stated.

I say this because as already pointed out, there was NOTHING said by Aretha in that article which could be twisted into a negative statement about Cissy. She clearly stated that Whitney was given all of the tools possible, but somehow fell by the wayside.

The writer set the tone for his/her direction & showed where THEY were coming from when they prefaced Aretha's quote by writing & I quote..."In what sounded like veiled criticism..."

I don't see ANY criticism, veiled or otherwise in what Aretha said. That's the writer insinuating HIS/HER beliefs into the matter. At best, it's misleading & deceptive, at worst, it's a lie & it's these kind of tactics that gives what passes as journalism these days a bad name.

And sadly, too many people for for 'journalism' such as this in which speculation & innuendo is presented pretty much as fact.
    Exactly! It seems that everyone remotely associated with Whitney Houstion now want to up their importance in/on her life. There is another article in the thread about Bobby Brown's attendance at the funeral where the writer concludes his piece by totally twisting and distorting what occurred in regards to Bobby and his children leaving the services early. I saw right through that immmediately because the facts were explained by Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rev. Sharpton and Bishop T.D. Jakes on CNN right after Bobby left the church. Their explanation and Bobby's were VERY much different from the writer of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    That's true! I can fully see some dude making it up because his ego was hurt if she rejected his advances. We have all seen many guys do that. They can't accept that a woman would not want them, so the only way for them to save face, or to protect their self-esteem, they decide that lesbianism must be the only reason. In his mind, he's comforted, but then he spreads a lie.
    When I was told this way back in the 80's, it made sense and was much more plausible than what these "gossip writers" in England and elsewhere are putting out there this week!

Marv,

I guess that's how it goes these days but what's scary is how often otherwise thoughtful people will accept speculation such as this & repeat it as though it came down from the mount, written on tablets of stone.

We complain about the media but the sad truth is that they won't do better because we don't demand better of them. It takes acceptance on the part of a whole lot of folks to keep their wheels turning. If we demanded better or simply stopped purchasing their articles & watching their gossip-mongering shows, they'd lose money & would have to change course.

But as we all know, that's not going to happen because sex, violence & drama [[contrived or otherwise) sells...

A LOT!

Which says an awful lot about us as a society & they're just giving the people what they want.

Scarier still is the fact that there are a lot of people out there whom are more concerned about whether Cissy's mad at Aretha, than are worried about the politics which affect their neighborhoods & lives. I've heard people discussing this whole situation as though it's just another episode of one of those ''Housewives'' shows, but those same people aren't the slightest bit concerned about what's happening where we live.

Scary.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-22-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added a thought, or perhaps not!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well that is nice that the writer has no problems with it. The problem that comes along is when this writer had no proof and no right to make those accusations in a way to try to make them appear true! It is not about fans being horrified [[I live in New York and lived in Detroit, it would take a lot more than that to horrify me...) The problem is that there is no proof of what he wrote. I have never heard Whitney claim to be a lesbian. His timing for HIS revelation about Whitney is suspect. She is deceased, the family is still in mourning ,so there really isn't anyone at this moment to speak up for Whitney or to file a lawsuit against that writer and his publication. He had no consideration for her grieving daughter or her family, friends or fans. He did it to sell papers, to make money and he is an asshole in my opinion. Why was it important, or crucial for him to write such an unsubstantiated story at this time?

I would love to hear what Janet Hubert would have to say about these 'writers' & 'journalists'?

I have to say that I can appreciate the article that she addressed to Wendy Williams. Janet hit it dead on the head & I'm surprised that more folks haven't called out these 'journalists' for their nastiness & attempting to find scandal at every turn.

Janet hit it dead on the head & I'm surprised that more folks haven't called out these 'journalists' for their nastiness & attempting to find scandal at every turn.
    They never will. There's too much publicity and money in it.

Soulster,

True enough.

I remember a lot of people swearing that they'd never go on Wendy's show. That is, until she got the tv gig & began acting less ruthless.

It's not always the gossip that's bad, it's not always a little speculation that's bad because most, if not all of us have been guilty of both. However, it's the INTENT that matters. It's one thing to inform & even gossip, but viciousness & tearing people down needlessly is quite another matter entirely.

I have friends whom are hooked on her show & everything's so charming & so 'buddy-buddy'. But I remember the things that that now-smiling face used to say & the viciousness she used to got after her target. I also remember that when she got her tv show how she went on an "I love Whitney" kick, damn near falling over herself in hopes of getting her on her show. I also remember driving to an event & hearing Whitney appear on her radio show, pretty much blowing-off her new-found admiration.

Indeed, she's become 'kinder' & 'gentler'. However, I'll always remember that other side of her & that side ran amuck for far longer than her reinvention. But, my buddy Joe "Pep" Harris sang it best...

"A smile is just a frown turned upside down..."

Which is why it doesn't pay to go after people & gossip about their private lives with such zeal. You never know when you might need them & crow just isn't a tasty dish to have to eat.

One would think that more people would understand that.

Marv,

I guess that's how it goes these days but what's scary is how often otherwise thoughtful people will accept speculation such as this & repeat it as though it came down from the mount, written on tablets of stone.

We complain about the media but the sad truth is that they won't do better because we don't demand better of them. It takes acceptance on the part of a whole lot of folks to keep their wheels turning. If we demanded better or simply stopped purchasing their articles & watching their gossip-mongering shows, they'd lose money & would have to change course.

But as we all know, that's not going to happen because sex, violence & drama [[contrived or otherwise) sells...

A LOT!

Which says an awful lot about us as a society & they're just giving the people what they want.

Scarier still is the fact that there are a lot of people out there whom are more concerned about whether Cissy's mad at Aretha, than are worried about the politics which affect their neighborhoods & lives. I've heard people discussing this whole situation as though it's just another episode of one of those ''Housewives'' shows, but those same people aren't the slightest bit concerned about what's happening where we live.

Scary.
    You are so right! It is too scary! I don't buy those garbage newspapers or magazines. I've known of Aretha Franklin, Cissy Houston, Dionne ,etc all of my life mainly because of their music and because of their esteem status in the community nationwide. So anything I hear contrary of what I have always known about these great women this week, I ignore or just pass it off as part of the current feeding frenzy going with some people to get noticed!

There are many serious issues facing the country and people locally here in New York that I cannot lose sight of all of it at the moment. There was another high profile police shooting of a young man in the Bronx that not enough people are talking about right now. There are issues developing with Iran that are being focused on as much as they should be at the moment, Jeremy Linn and the Knicks! and I could go on and on and on.....

If Cissy were made with Aretha, I am sure they would get over it. Heck! They have been friends for over 50 years now and I am sure just by human nature that they have probably had disagreements before somewhere over the decades. They are not going anywhere. But still, look at how many people were ready to jump on that "juicy tidbit" of bad gossip. LOL!!!

I know people who seem more disturbed by this than they are the fact that their 14 year-old hangs out in the hallway damn near everyday, smoking blunts with his friends.

There's a saying about priorities but I don't feel like pointing out the obvious.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-23-2012 at 01:07 AM.

On another note, if everything's cool with Cissy & Aretha then they'd have no story, would they?

Keeping it musical, what this writer wrote calls to mind the lyrics of a still-popular song in the clubs after all of these decades...

"Is that what you think...or are you only wishing?"
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-23-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Think about this, if Aretha was really uninvited then why didn't Cissy let Dionne know?
    This does not compute

Bottom line: who the f*ck cares if Aretha didn't go to the funeral or why? The funeral is over, and has been over for four days!!! Does no one care about how the republikkkans are trying to screw this country? Does no one care about the gas prices? Does no one here care that education is under attack?