[REMOVE ADS]

Honey Cone Alert

Take a look at this. Never shown in the UK and I loves me some Honey Cone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvI8...eature=related

It's from 1969 in the year of "While You're Out Looking For Sugar" and Edna, Carolyn and Shelly. Enjoy this like I have.

All I got was Mama Cass.

They are back there Luke! Xtown if you go to part 5 they are singing Dancing in the Streets with Cass as well and she has rhythm she can dance! Here is another find Tom Jones and Cass doing the song by the Isley Brothers and the Supremes "I Guess Ill Always Love You!"......this is wonderful! If you want to skip the first song I Guess Ill Always Love you starts at 2:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQyy24PvcQ

Steph

Luke - Edna's on the left of the three backing singers.

Steph - The Tom Jones clip is great too and I confessed I went straight to 2:03. Thanks for the heads up.

I think my utube is messed up!

This must have been before Shelly joined the group. Clydie King was the third vocalist on this clip.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    They are back there Luke! Xtown if you go to part 5 they are singing Dancing in the Streets with Cass as well and she has rhythm she can dance! Here is another find Tom Jones and Cass doing the song by the Isley Brothers and the Supremes "I Guess Ill Always Love You!"......this is wonderful! If you want to skip the first song I Guess Ill Always Love you starts at 2:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQyy24PvcQ

Steph
    This is good. Thanks Stephanie. Tom Jones was a great singer!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This must have been before Shelly joined the group. Clydie King was the third vocalist on this clip.
    Well done Reese. You've got good eyesight and, more importantly, the knowledge to back it up. So it was Edna [[far left) Carolyn [[middle) and Clydie King [[far right) all fronting Mama Cass.

There is a DVD but it's only in US format so the reproduction on Youtube helps the likes of me to be able to see it for the first time.

Left to right it's Carolyn, Clydie & Edna . Honey Cone also sang background vocals on the Andy Williams Show behind Andy and Burt Bacharach.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Left to right it's Carolyn, Clydie & Edna . Honey Cone also sang background vocals on the Andy Williams Show behind Andy and Burt Bacharach.
    I think you and I are quoting the line-ups in different shots! LOL

Do you know of any Andy Williams clips on Youtube? I tried looking but I can find nothing.

Meanwhile, the "Edna Wright & The Honey Cone" page on Facebook supplies another link for Edna on a TV programme called The Jeffersons. No idea what the show is about, but it seems to be a comedy in the style of Fresh Prince At Bel Air. Edna even gets to sing solo. I have no idea who the other two ladies are singing with her and I assume the lead vocalist is Andrae Crouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqiyQZsdEhw

I don't think they were called Honey Cone at this time.I had forgotten how big Cass was.Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

Do you know of any Andy Williams clips on Youtube? I tried looking but I can find nothing.

Meanwhile, the "Edna Wright & The Honey Cone" page on Facebook supplies another link for Edna on a TV programme called The Jeffersons. No idea what the show is about, but it seems to be a comedy in the style of Fresh Prince At Bel Air. Edna even gets to sing solo. I have no idea who the other two ladies are singing with her and I assume the lead vocalist is Andrae Crouch.

THE JEFFERSONS was a spinoff of ALL IN THE FAMILY.

On this episode, Jenny is having a christening for her daughter, and asks the Jeffersons' maid Florence and her friends if they'd like to sing at it. They agree. But Grandfather George Jefferson hates the idea, and pretends that he's a minister to get Andrae Crouch and his group [[including Edna) to perform instead.

Thanks Reese. So I guess the show is very popular...I'm not really a television watcher [[apart from Judge Judy) so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks Reese. So I guess the show is very popular...I'm not really a television watcher [[apart from Judge Judy) so please excuse my ignorance.
    No problem. It was a very popular show for quite a while here in the US. Every so often, stars like Sister Sledge and Gladys Knight would do guest spots.

I do remember an Andy Williams special or at least he was on a TV special with the Blossoms backing him--Darlene,
    Fanita & Jean.

The woman to Edna's immediate left is Alfie Silas, great singer and one time Vandella.