[REMOVE ADS]

to upload a picture,is there a size limit?

i'm trying to upload a picture it's 2.5 mb,the system wont let me is it because of the size?or to much detail,havent got a clue really!what are the usual probs regarding jpg uploads? any help would be really appreciated

I'm not an expert Tamla......but I did manage to post forest fire pictures.

Size definitely is a problem......as it is in most walks of life!

You should try reducing the size of the picture; it will eventually fit, I think.

But another more experienced picture poster will give you better tips.

if its that size ...it sounds like you may have left it in BMP format...if you change it to JPEG format it will reduce dramatically...

it's in jpeg 3000 x 4000
    i'll try reducing it on photoshop
    thanks for the info

Click on the attachment icon [[in a reply you need to go to "go advanced" to get that icon). When the "Manage attachments" window comes up, look above the green "Add Files" tab to a question mark in a blue circle [[Help?) click on that. It will give you the types and sizes of files that are allowed. bmp and jpeg are limited to 19.5kb [[620x280).

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Click on the attachment icon [[in a reply you need to go to "go advanced" to get that icon). When the "Manage attachments" window comes up, look above the green "Add Files" tab to a question mark in a blue circle [[Help?) click on that. It will give you the types and sizes of files that are allowed. bmp and jpeg are limited to 19.5kb [[620x280).
    Your 19.5 kb must be a misprint [[right?). I've uploaded pictures larger than that. Even 195 kb sounds way too small. Could it be 19.5 mb?

If you follow those instructions you'll see the menu I am talking about. Maybe that menu refers to something else, and I am making and incorrect assessment, but it does say kb. I came to that menu through FAQs. It's the only reference I can find that gives numbers for posting photo sizes. That seems small to me as well. However, since you have successfully posted photos then you can probably answer Tamla's question much better than I can. I'm still trying to figure out a lot myself.

thanks sophisticated soul and robk for the info.........i'll have a go!