[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

They Banned The Public, Now Bobby Brown cant Attend

Name:  423471_384796524867735_100000121737116_1740243_2107087200_n.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  64.0 KB

I'm from Newark and was looking forward to the Public Viewing,Even though I understand why they made it private.But Now there is word they banned Bobby Brown from Attending..

Again, it's that religious crap, and the denial that Whitney played any part in her own demise.

"Religious Crap"? That's uncalled for and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Name:  423471_384796524867735_100000121737116_1740243_2107087200_n.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  64.0 KB

I'm from Newark and was looking forward to the Public Viewing,Even though I understand why they made it private.But Now there is word they banned Bobby Brown from Attending..

Are you sure this is absolutely true? That doesn't make sense, being he's her ex and they have a daughter.

I heard that he wasn't going to be allowed to attend. That came from 2 TV sources, but who knows what is true until the family issues a statement.

texassoul, I'll have to look for the article but the family put out a statement. They Thanked all the fans and friends for their love and support but asked for a time of privacy. They said they had shared her with the world for years and now they would like to have time alone with her now. [[I'm paraphrasing) The funeral is by invitation only.

Thank you ms_m! That is certainly the family's perogative.

But isn't Bobby Part of the family.I did'nt hear of any problems w him and Whitney in these last few yrs

The Houston family did not ban the public; all they have done is say they are having a private family funeral, like most families would want.

If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness.

The Houstons, Cissy especially, are to be respected and congratulated for their intelligent stand.

Jennifer Holiday was on CNN with Piers Morgan the other night saying Whitney's drug use pre-dates Bobby Brown. The guy may be a prize loser but he is the father of Whitney's only child and he and Whitney were together for years. She did say he never hit her but she hit him.

Bobby Brown Not Shut Out of Funeral, but He’s Not Wanted there

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/bobby-...-wanted-there/

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The Houston family did not ban the public; all they have done is say they are having a private family funeral, like most families would want.

If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness.

The Houstons, Cissy especially, are to be respected and congratulated for their intelligent stand.

Jennifer Holiday was on CNN with Piers Morgan the other night saying Whitney's drug use pre-dates Bobby Brown. The guy may be a prize loser but he is the father of Whitney's only child and he and Whitney were together for years. She did say he never hit her but she hit him.
    I disagree with your remarks about Michael Jackson's televised memorial. It was very well done and quite appropriate. Those that were there and those that participated REALLY knew and REALLY loved him. His mother, his father, his children and all of his siblings were there. Those other people, those old celebrities that you cited are suspect in my opinion.

No one suffered more or felt the impact of his death more than his family!

Next I highly doubt that the Houston Family released any type of statement declaring the funeral off limits to Bobby Brown. I would more readily believe that to be just one of thousands of internet rumors started by "fans". He is the father of Whitney's daughter and if she is going to be in attendance, he will be with her.

That was not Jennifer Holiday with Clive Davis on the Piers Morgan Show. That was Jennifer Hudson. Jennifer Holiday appeared alone on a seperate segment on a different day. The funeral will be public to some extent as it has been announced that the services will be shown on Jumbotron screens so that the fans and public may watch!

Bobbi Kristina is 18 years old. Don't you think if she wants and insists that her father be at her mom's funeral he'll be there?

Oh boy,i hope this post doesn't turn into one of those[supremes type]mudslinging things...let whitney's family say goodbye however they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Oh boy,i hope this post doesn't turn into one of those[supremes type]mudslinging things...let whitney's family say goodbye however they choose.
    Exactly arrr&bee. It's a private family matter.

I personally think that Bobby Brown should be able to attend.
    As for the the public goes I can see why. Just to many celebrity
    stalkers who really aren't there to pay tribute to the deceased.
    People who just want to meet/get autographs/have pictures taken with
    the celebrities in attendance. And then there's the vultures who's there
    picking away at the memorial programs and selling them on ebay. They were
    selling Michael Jackson's programs for thousands of dollars!
    And speaking of vultures:

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Whitney Houston: The Vultures Are Out, And Demanding Their Money

Whitney Houston: The Vultures Are Out, And Demanding Their Money

02/14/12 11:24pmRoger Friedman0

Whitney Houston is dead and the money making has begun. The people close to her–just like those “close” to Michael Jackson– are selling their wares to the highest bidders. This accounts for the constant and incorrect stories appearing on TMZ, Radar Online, The National Enquirer, and the syndicated “entertainment” shows. And let’s not forget the networks, which “license” footage–another way of saying “paying for an interview.”
    Anyone who knew Whitney or was related to her will try now to make some quick cash and become an “expert” on her leading up to her funeral. Kudos to Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick for smartly putting the funeral in a small church, with no big public fiesta. The Jacksons, lest we forget, staged a memorial at the Staples Center, then held a big reception. It took them six more weeks to have an actual “funeral” that was televised.
    But that doesn’t mean that Whitney doesn’t have her vultures. She supported a lot of people for a long time financially. Now they will panic. The gravy train has come to its last stop. Since Saturday, the tabloid websites have run conflicting stories, claiming one thing, then claiming the opposite. My favorite lately is TMZ’s assertion that the suite where Whitney died was already being rented out at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. They also claimed to have a picture of the bathtub “minutes” after Whitney died in it. Believe not a word on these websites. All the info is coming from “insiders” for cash.
    One insider told me tonight he had 248 messages from media outlets. Another is being stalked by paparazzi. I feel terrible for the people at that New Hope Baptist Church. They’re going to have a lot of trouble on their hands the day of that funeral. After all, “ET”–the grossest of all the TV shows–has already run a picture of “Whitney’s body bag.” You can only imagine what’s next on their agenda.

Categories: Celebrity

Roberta,

I agree. Funerals are a private matter and who are we to judge what the family decides how to say farewell to their loved ones. And who are we to pass judgement on those who choose to attend or those that are grieving in their own way.

Whitney gave us beautiful music and I'm thankful for that.

As someone else stated: I hope to believe she is in a better place now.

According to this, he's not banned from attending
    YVONNE DANIELShttp://www.kisswtlz.com/onair/yvonne_daniels.php

Yvonne Daniels
    Email Yvonne at: yvonne@kisswtlz.com

Bobby Brown Not Shut Out of Funeral, but He’s Not Wanted there
    ABC News/Good Morning America is reporting that Brown is denying claims that he was getting the cold shoulder from Houston’s family as he tried to stand by his daughter’s side.
    But on the other hand, it looks to just that because one of Houston’s family members confirmed to ABC News Tuesday night that while many people in the family don’t want Brown to attend the funeral, they can’t stop him because of his daughter with Houston, Bobbi Kristina.
    Bobbi Kristina, Brown and Houston’s only child together, was twice hospitalized for stress and anxiety after her mother was found dead in a bathtub Saturday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. Bobbi Kristina had been in L.A. with her mother to attend pre-Grammy festivities. Her father flew to California to be with his daughter Sunday.
    The 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina was believed to be in New Jersey with her mother’s family, but Bobby Brown’s camp said she was still in California with her father and other siblings.
    “My daughter Bobbi Kristina is doing much better,” her father said Tuesday evening in a written statement. “We continue to provide love and support to Bobbi Kristina. She is dealing with the tragedy of her mother’s death and would prefer to do it outside of the public eye. I ask again that our privacy be respected.”
    Bobby Brown, who canceled his reunion tour with his group New Edition to be with Bobbi Kristina, has five other children from other relationships.
    Reports of tension between Bobby Brown and his ex-wife’s family about attending Houston’s funeral, scheduled for Saturday, were inaccurate, a source close to Bobby Brown told ABC News. TMZ reported Tuesday evening that Brown was being frozen out of attending the service by some of Whitney Houston’s family members, but the source told ABC News that Brown had been contacted about going.
    Calls made by ABC News to Houston’s family were not immediately returned

Dr. Boyce: Five [[Uncomfortable) Questions People Are Asking about the Death of Don Cornelius
    Most of us remember doing Soul Train lines at parties, and recall our first booty-shaking exercise, which likely took place with Don’s television show playing in the background. As the shock from brother Don’s untimely death starts to wear off, there are some questions that people are asking about how he died. Some of the questions are not necessarily politically correct, but since when did that stop anyone from speaking their minds?
    Here are some things that most of us are thinking, but some are afraid to ask out loud:
    1) Who is that woman anyway? Shortly after Don Cornelius’ death, pictures began to emerge of his ex-wife [[Viktoria Chapman Cornelius), who didn’t exactly look like your standard Soul Train dancer. She also looks like she was a baby when Soul Train was in its prime. There were also reports that his wife, who Cornelius allegedly despised, is going to get a monster payday from his life insurance policy. While most of us thought that policies don’t pay out in the event of suicide, this is apparently not the case in California when your policy is at least two years old.
    2) How was his health? Don Cornelius was in poor health at the time he died. The pain was reportedly unbearable, and he likely felt that it was time to ride the Soul Train to heaven on his own terms. Can we really blame him for his decision? Don lived a long and fruitful life, achieved many of his goals, and impacted the world. Why not go out in his own way?
    3) What in the world would make him shoot himself in the head? There are quite a few ways to kill yourself without forcing your relatives to have to clean your insides off the floor. Some folks are wondering why Don chose to use a gun to kill himself rather than something less gruesome. Also, God forbid he’d survived the incident, for this would have obviously made his pain much worse.
    4) How did he do it?….Soul Train I mean: We will always marvel at how Don Cornelius almost single-handedly built an entertainment powerhouse. He had a vision and he saw it through. Every black entrepreneur in America should read about the life of Don Cornelius in order to learn how to rise to the top while strengthening your soul instead of selling it. In many ways, Don Cornelius was the anti-Bob Johnson of his generation.
    5) What are we going to do now? There is never going to be another Soul Train, we can accept that. But when I watch shows like BET’s 106& Park, which has become a how-to session for uneducated thugs, I wonder why we still don’t believe that we can be wealthy, conscientious and intelligent, all at the same time. Black entertainment must be redefined, and it’s going to take a Don Cornelius- like effort in order to get there.
    Don Cornelius and Soul Train are like sturdy stone structures built 500 years ago, they will last forever. He elevated us, edu-tained us, and gave us something to look forward to after being bored to tears by shows like American Bandstand. But Don Cornelius was also human, and in spite of the immortality of his legacy, his body and mind were not meant to last forever. May Don rest in peace and may we carry a piece of him with us for all eternity.

This also shows how petty and vindictive the family is. I guess if I came from that kind of family i'd be a drug addict, too. seriously. It has been shown time and time again that many children of highly religious homes come out bad.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    No, it's not, not when you consider that some religious people are highly intolerant, overbearing, and almost militaristic in their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thank you! And, he;s not a loser if he had a successful career and had a child. Was Whitney a loser?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    texassoul, I'll have to look for the article but the family put out a statement. They Thanked all the fans and friends for their love and support but asked for a time of privacy. They said they had shared her with the world for years and now they would like to have time alone with her now. [[I'm paraphrasing) The funeral is by invitation only.
    i agree with this very much and understand it. when it comes to things like this I can understand a celeb fam wanting to say goodbye just for family only.

Whitney sang at Bobby's mom's funeral in Boston just last year by the way.

Marv, thanks for pointing this out. It was a very emotional gospel. As we all know her voice changed but this song [[it's on youtube, filmed with a phone and actually I feel uncomfertable watching it....as it's not an official film and is obviously filmed without permission) touched my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Marv, thanks for pointing this out. It was a very emotional gospel. As we all know her voice changed but this song [[it's on youtube, filmed with a phone and actually I feel uncomfertable watching it....as it's not an official film and is obviously filmed without permission) touched my heart.
    You are welcome. I just wanted to point out that these people did not hate one another. Which why I offer my condolences to Bobby Brown and his family as well. Bobby LOVED that woman!

Quote Originally Posted by candykamaine View Post
    i agree with this very much and understand it. when it comes to things like this I can understand a celeb fam wanting to say goodbye just for family only.
    I agree with it too. Why are some fans upset when most of them couldn't attend the funeral anyway? They don't live in Newark didn't know the Houston family etc. Funerals are private. If fans want to show support or love... the family has requested they make donations to the school in New Jersey that bears Whitney Houston's name. And the latest reports say Whitney was not found completely in the tub. Reportedly she might not have been in the bathtub and fell in halfway which might be an indication that she might have suffered a sudden stroke or a heart attack.

I agree with Marv! I thought the Michael Jackson funeral was done in good taste and it didnt look like an attention grabbing event to me. Knowing MJ he would have wanted it this way!

[[If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness)....Jobeterob quote.

Jobeterob - I think that Liz Taylor was too sick and frail to be there, Quincy seemed upset during interviews about MJ for some reason [[look back at some things he said about him tampering with his face) I have never seen Q look that upset about MJ. I think Diana didnt want to look like she was trying to gain any attention and wanted to grieve in private. Now Liza Minnelli is another story unless she had a prior commitment I am shocked she wasnt there! Wasnt she there or not? I hate to say this but I think some people think it was cool to say they are friends with Michael Jackson although the above mentioned dont fall in that category as far as I know. Bobby Brown should be allowed to attend the funeral maybe he is not close to Whitneys family anymore but I am sure they will be civil towards each other considering the circumstances. You will see the true color of people when books and interviews come out and see who can talk about Whitney the most. On the upside most of the public knows about her troubles so there may not be such a demand about her in the form of the written word I could be wrong.

Where is CeCe Winans? Anyone?

It was mentioned Marvin Winans will be A speaker @ the service but your right where is CECEName:  images.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  6.4 KB

Bobbi Kristina Godmother CeCe Winans Hopes to Be "Very Involved" in Her Life, Says Source

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_mal...#ixzz1lJSKky2z

http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_mal..._winans/294571

Funerals should be a private time for families and should be a time of coming together. I hope Mrs. Houston lets Bobby be part of it.

Wow, though......he has 5 other kids? Vasectomy time for him.

Good posts P Shark. Not all these reports are reliable.

I do hope the Houstons don't have any Joe Jacksons and Jermaine Jacksons amongst them. Generally, those two were pegged for what they are - an outcast and a media hog. I bet you Jermaine was picking up money for all those chats.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Not necessarily. If they're banning him [[which they're not) on the basis of personal habits that Whitney herself engaged in, then it is religious crap.

It was mentioned Marvin Winans will be A speaker @ the service but your right where is CECEName:  images.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  6.4 KB
    Cissy requested that he does the eulogy. This is going to be a tough moment for all of them. Aretha is scheduled to sing.

Bobby should be there, point blank. He's the father of Whitney's only child, and good or bad, he played an important role in her life. If Cissy and the others don't like it, tough. They are in denial. Dionne, too. She wrote about Whitney's troubles in her autobiography, and it was nothing but "blame Bobby".

You can't blame him for her doing drugs. An addict can't control having the addiction, but they and only they can control how they deal with it. It's up to that person to truly maintain sobriety. It's a terrible thing that happened to Whitney, but Bobby was not the only enabler in her life.

By Whitney's own account, she was not a shrinking violet. She stated in that Sawyer interview that she could give as good as she got. I don't believe for a second that anyone could make her do anything that she really didn't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Not necessarily. If they're banning him [[which they're not) on the basis of personal habits that Whitney herself engaged in, then it is religious crap.
    Thank you! I explained what I meant in post #19, but if people still want to be outraged, I can't do anything about it.

smark21 Guest
    CNN has reported the funeral will be shown on jumbo screens outside the church and will be broadcast on TV.

BTW, the picture at the start of the thread is so kitschy.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

BTW, the picture at the start of the thread is so kitschy.
    But, it's was to show a lot of people think of her.

Information about how they are planning the service is starting to come in and they are going to go deluxe! I mean they are going to go real deep! This funeral is going to be conducted in the "WAY", true to the African American tradition. Now I really understand why they wanted it private.

I was assuming they would go out of State and get someone like a Jesse Jackson to conduct the services [[Jesse is great, but is on the elderly side now) and they did! They got Rev. Marvin Winans of Detroit to officiate on Saturday. Anderson Cooper interviewed him tonight on his program. He questioned Rev. Winans on what was he going to say in his eulogy for Whitney Houston. He even asked Bro. Winans what has he written down so far for the eulogy which told me right then that Anderson didn't have a clue as to what is going to happen at that church on Saturday. LOL! Marvin Winans corrected him and explained to Anderson that he was not a "Eulogist", but a Homilist and that the spirit will be delivering the message through him. Oh this is going to be classic! I should have known with them giving Aretha all of these days to prepare.

Something like this couldn't be open to general admission as they are going to get sanctified and anyone not accustomed to this kind of service should not want to be anywhere near there come Saturday!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Information about how they are planning the service is starting to come in and they are going to go deluxe! I mean they are going to go real deep! This funeral is going to be conducted in the "WAY", true to the African American tradition. Now I really understand why they wanted it private.
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the "African-American" tradition?

He even asked Bro. Winans what has he written down so far for the eulogy which told me right then that Anderson didn't have a clue as to what is going to happen at that church on Saturday. LOL!
    I have no idea...

Marvin Winans corrected him and explained to Anderson that he was not a "Eulogist", but a Homilist and that the spirit will be delivering the message through him. Oh this is going to be classic! I should have known with them giving Aretha all of these days to prepare.
    OK, I had to look up the word "homilist". My sister hired one of those for my mother's funeral without knowing what she was getting. We were mighty angry when the woman turned my mother's funeral into a prosletysing event without even mentioning my mother.

Something like this couldn't be open to general admission as they are going to get sanctified and anyone not accustomed to this kind of service should not want to be anywhere near there come Saturday!
    This just tells more of what kind of family life Whitney had.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the "African-American" tradition?

I have no idea...

OK, I had to look up the word "homilist". My sister hired one of those for my mother's funeral without knowing what she was getting. We were mighty angry when the woman turned my mother's funeral into a prosletysing event without even mentioning my mother.

This just tells more of what kind of family life Whitney had.
    Soulster, I now you are serious and seem to be sincerely curious about all of this, but is just too much for me to try to type and explain. To get a feel for what the African American tradition is or is like as it relates to spiritual matters , I don't know, maybe check the video clip of Aretha performing "Precious Memories" from the Diva's 2001 show on Youtube. It's not uncommon that you may not have any idea what it is like if you are from a different background, culture or even region of the country. There is someone here that knows what I am talking about. If I come across some other things that can help explain, I will share them with you.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Soulster, I now you are serious and seem to be sincerely curious about all of this, but is just too much for me to try to type and explain. To get a feel for what the African American tradition is or is like as it relates to spiritual matters , I don't know, maybe check the video clip of Aretha performing "Precious Memories" from the Diva's 2001 show on Youtube. It's not uncommon that you may not have any idea what it is like if you are from a different background, culture or even region of the country. There is someone here that knows what I am talking about. If I come across some other things that can help explain, I will share them with you.

Marv
    OK, I am a Black person and part American Indian and possibly Spanish roots, but the side of my family that I derived my culture from is solidly midwestern. My mother's family was Episcopalian. Neither side of my family is very religious, although my grandfather on my father's side of the family was from the deep south and was a preacher. I never knew him, as he died before I was born. So, when you say "African-American" tradition, that does not include me. I seriously have no idea what that means. I have only ever been to one predominately Black church only once in my life.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-16-2012 at 12:09 AM.

soulster So your somewhat black..Only on certain threads..

is this a better version smark21

Name:  090512-A_0082_R4.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  90.4 KB

OK, I am a Black person and part American Indian and possibly Spanish roots, but the side of my family that I derived my culture from is solidly midwestern. My mother's family was Episcopalian. Neither side of my family is very religious, although my grandfather on my father's side of the family was from the deep south and was a preacher. I never knew him, as he died before I was born. So, when you say "African-American" tradition, that does not include me. I seriously have no idea what that means. I have only ever been to one predominately Black church only once in my life.
    Do you travel? If you visit NYC sometime ,we'll take you to church and you can get a better idea of what I mean.

I am hearing now that they may stream the service Worldwide over the internet!!!

I find it more sad the way people react! and far too many times before they have all the facts, find me one family that does not have so small problem, but it is up to Family how they cope with it and the same with how the first mourn the passing of someone dear and then celebrate their life. It is not up to anyone of us to Judge!

The funeral service is going to be on internet worldwide and that is a correct way of doing it allowing the whole Family who loved her to take part and share with the Close Family. May they All find Peace! at this sad time.

soulster So your somewhat black..Only on certain threads..
    No. I'm letting you know that Black people in this country are not culturally monolothic. We are as a diverse group as anyone. To say that something is an African-American tradition is not accurate. Either that, or i'm a true oreo. I've felt discrimination from my own people just as much as from anybody else.

BTW, you posted a much nicer pic.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.

No. I'm letting you know that Black people in this country are not culturally monolothic. We are as a diverse group as anyone. To say that something is an African-American tradition is not accurate. Either that, or i'm a true oreo. I've felt discrimination from my own people just as much as from anybody else.

BTW, you posted a much nicer pic.
    Soulster, I'm beginning to think that you just like to ask questions. Whitney grew up in the "black church" and whether you have been to one or not I'm sure than anyone [[including you) who has seen a movie with a black church scene would know what that experience is like. Not all , but usually in the Baptist and Pentecostal the services are more emotional, filled with good singing and it's nothing to see someone jump or shout. I'm sure I can ask any Caucasian to describe it and they could, so I'm not understanding why you are acting oblivious to it especially with a name like soulster. In my opinion, the black church is one of the most soulful experiences that one can have and the origin of where soul music was invented. Whether you partake in it or not it is considered an African American tradition.
    Also, because someone is educated in their culture does not mean that is all that they know. I'm sure more than half the people on here has American Indian in their blood [[including me). I know my African American heritage but I can also hold a conversation with you on politics, the arts, culture, sports, world travel and life in general. By the way, I believe that monolithic was the word that you were trying to use.
    Last edited by glencro; 02-16-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Soulster, I'm beginning to think that you just like to ask questions. Whitney grew up in the "black church" and whether you have been to one or not I'm sure than anyone [[including you) who has seen a movie with a black church scene would know what that experience is like. Not all , but usually in the Baptist and Pentecostal the services are more emotional, filled with good singing and it's nothing to see someone jump or shout. I'm sure I can ask any Caucasian to describe it and they could, so I'm not understanding why you are acting oblivious to it especially with a name like soulster. In my opinion, the black church is one of the most soulful experiences that one can have and the origin of where soul music was invented. Whether you partake in it or not it is considered an African American tradition.
    Also, because someone is educated in their culture does not mean that is all that they know. I'm sure more than half the people on here has American Indian in their blood [[including me). I know my African American heritage but I can also hold a conversation with you on politics, the arts, culture, sports, world travel and life in general. By the way, I believe that monolithic was the word that you were trying to use.
    I do like to ask questions because I like to learn things. Maybe you guys think i'm kidding, but i'm not. I really do not know about the "Black church". I've always heard about it, may have seen a bit of it on TV, but I live in a world where it does not really exist. Most of my experience with church is a Southern Baptist [[white), where you sing a couple of boring hymns to an organ and the pastor spends half the hour-long Sunday service rambling on about Brother Williams' weekend fishing trip. Open your bible to some obscure passages, sing another hymn, pray, and go home. My other experience was at Calvery was met with fundamentalism and a bit of racism. I went to one where my childhood friend was a pastor, but it wasn't for me.

I have never been to a church where anyone jumped out, in the aisle or shouted. If I see it on TV, I can only chalk it up to it being "Hollywood", having never experienced it.

You can think i'm pretending, but again, my main point is that the Black experience is not all the same. That is the one thing that annoys me about the people on this forum: they tend to assume that everyone thinks the same or has had the same experiences.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-16-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Marvin Winans was The Pastor @ Her Wedding now he will be delivering her eulogy some 20 years later.. Earryyyyy

I do like to ask questions because I like to learn things. Maybe you guys think i'm kidding, but i'm not. I really do not know about the "Black church". I've always heard about it, may have seen a bit of it on TV, but I live in a world where it does not really exist. Most of my experience with church is a Southern Baptist [[white), where you sing a couple of boring hymns to an organ and the pastor spends half the hour-long Sunday service rambling on about Brother Williams' weekend fishing trip. Open your bible to some obscure passages, sing another hymn, pray, and go home. My other experience was at Calvery was met with fundamentalism and a bit of racism. I went to one where my childhood friend was a pastor, but it wasn't for me.

I have never been to a church where anyone jumped out, in the aisle or shouted. If I see it on TV, I can only chalk it up to it being "Hollywood", having never experienced it.

You can think i'm pretending, but again, my main point is that the Black experience is not all the same. That is the one thing that annoys me about the people on this forum: they tend to assume that everyone thinks the same or has had the same experiences.
    Ok soulster, I can respect that. If we don't ask we won't know. If someone was to tell me that she was going to have a Roman Catholic or funeral I would instantly know what that would consist of whether I experienced it or not. I'm not saying that every black person has had the same experience but I would hope that every black person[[or at least most) would educate themselves on their heritage and whether you have attended or not, negro spirituality is a part of it.I personally don't want to live in a world where everyone thinks the same [[how boring is that?). I'm always excited when I learn something new and always open to hearing other opinions.