[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    For the record, I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross in this thread. That was Soulster. Go read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    Fit of rage as a matter of how you come off on this forum when you post about her. You call her an ass, you morbidly bring up the fact that she is 68 years old the same age that her mother passed away which is tantamount to absolutley nothing and I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross, you were so maybe you should take your own advice and leave her where you say she "belongs": The Motown Forum. Better yet, why don't you refrain from ever bringing her up again since you have such utter disdain for her and focus on artists you truly love?
    Actually, it was Soulster who brought her up, so get your facts straight. And sorry, but I consider someone who is NOT family coming up and sitting in the family pew as ass. tough. Now move on and give Whitney the respect to stay on topic and leave miss big hair where she belong, in ANOTHER thread.

Bobby Brown with his kids:

I think BK neded her Dad to be there more than the others who came with him did. Is all this chaos and drama worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I think BK neded her Dad to be there more than the others who came with him did. Is all this chaos and drama worth it?
    No it was not worth it. It is called "getting back at someone". If Bobby Brown had caused a big scene, it would have been seen all over the World. Can you imagine what that would have done not only to his reputation, but to the way Americans are viewed?

I mean if he just sat down and his people waited elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I mean if he just sat down and his people waited elsewhere.
    Luke from all reports it was just Bobby and his children that entered the church and were basically refused seating. You see if it were true that he was not allowed to sit in the front and asked to move, why didn't the security/ushers or whatever help him and his kids find seats? Why did they ask them to move 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Read This Other Celebrities were asked to move aswell

Newark, New Jersey [[CNN) -- Singer Bobby Brown made a brief and dramatic appearance at ex-wife Whitney Houston's memorial service Saturday, leaving abruptly after being told that his entourage couldn't sit together, police sources told CNN.
    Brown accused security of treating his family badly and barring him from visiting with his daughter, an account that Houston's family vehemently denied, according to a family friend.
    Brown was seen arriving with several people and had sat down in the front row of a section marked off for family, before being asked to move. Brown had entered the church with other mourners, separate from Houston's family. He appeared emotionally distraught, with red eyes and head hanging as he walked up the aisle of the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. He approached Houston's casket, passed it and went back down the aisle. Ultimately, he left the church.
    Security workers appeared to ask others, including celebrities and government officials, to also change seats to make room for everyone.
    "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston," Brown later said in a statement. "We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continued to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina.
    "In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. ... I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how," the statement said.
    Brown was expected to attend with two guests but showed up with 10 people, a close friend of the Houston family told CNN on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
    "The family approached Bobby and told him that he could stay in the area reserved for family, but that his guests would need to move to a different section to make room for Cissy [[Houston) and the rest of the family," the family friend said. "Bobby said no."
    It sounds like I was right. It was indeed security's handling of it, and, of course, they take orders from the family's handlers. And, one security person may not have even know it was Bobby Brown.

Thanks for the article, abfan. It's good to know that the Houston family didn't snub Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    That was a very childish argument you bring up and adding Diana Ross to the mix? WTF is up with that. I am an admirer of Miss Ross and personally speaking I would have a problem if she did what Bobby did at Whitney's funeral.
    Dude, don't call me childish! I meant what I said! I'm not taking it back, either! And, i'm allowed to bring a bit of comic relief in here if I want. Chill!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross? Don't even get me started after how she made an ass out of herself at Florence Ballard's funeral now that is what everyone calls inappropriate!
    Amen!
    Last edited by soulster; 02-19-2012 at 08:21 PM.

For the record, I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross in this thread. That was Soulster. Go read it again.
    Yeah, that was me! I guess some people around here can't take a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Actually, it was Soulster who brought her up, so get your facts straight. And sorry, but I consider someone who is NOT family coming up and sitting in the family pew as ass. tough. Now move on and give Whitney the respect to stay on topic and leave miss big hair where she belong, in ANOTHER thread.
    Alright! I was responsible for bringing in "big hair". I was being funny, but...oh well...back to the Bobby Brown show!

Jesse Jackson looked bored didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Alright! I was responsible for bringing in "big hair". I was being funny, but...oh well...back to the Bobby Brown show!

Yeah kinda, but mostly he just looked real sad. He really is a good man [[though not perfect) and it just seemed that his significance there at the service was very downplayed. He spent a lot of time with the media folk from CNN and MSNBC.

That's allright... your'e ok with me! And YES... Jesse Jackson looked like he was thinkin about what he was gonna have for dinner or somethin!

And, I was surprised R.Kelly was there. He sounded like he was going to break down, as he is an emotionally fragile person, anyway. Stevie Wonder pretty much did, but both held it together!

SupremeBoy Guest
    Perfect example of the ignorant. You guys [[jillfoster and marv2) think you're cute... got news for you both: you're not. Stay in your lanes 'cause you both sure enough will get run over. I'm not as emotionally invested in all this as the two of you seem to be because unlike the both of you: I HAVE A LIFE. You both keep poppin mess behind a computer screen. PATHETIC. LOSERS.
    Last edited by SupremeBoy; 02-19-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Soulster would you please stop talking about " Miss big hair"! LOL!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-19-2012 at 11:52 PM.

And, I was surprised R.Kelly was there. He sounded like he was going to break down, as he is an emotionally fragile person, anyway. Stevie Wonder pretty much did, but both held it together!
    R.Kelly was a surprise. I think that was because many that would have been there were in LA for the NAACP Image Awards the night before. I thought he did a great job although it was very short. Stevie is a true pro, he is very experience in these types of situations.

R.Kelly was a surprise. I think that was because many that would have been there were in LA for the NAACP Image Awards the night before. I thought he did a great job although it was very short. Stevie is a true pro, he is very experience in these types of situations.
    Some are saying that Stevie is becoming like Wanda from Good Times.... just sayin. But R. Kelly.... where is the criticizm of his vibrato and people saying he can't sing anymore?

Some are saying that Stevie is becoming like Wanda from Good Times.... just sayin. But R. Kelly.... where is the criticizm of his vibrato and people saying he can't sing anymore?
    Wanda from Good Times? Oooooooow, now you know that ain't right! LOL!
    R. Kelly can sing his butt off! Every Winan on Earth can sing! If they were secular artists, they would have been the most successful family act of all times!

Soulster would you please stop talking about " Miss big hair"! LOL!!!
    You got it!

I'm just glad that soulster watched the ceremony. Now he can say that he knows what the black church is about

LoL. I know white people are amazed and feel enlightened now, but that is NOT what the black church is all about. Not all black people attend churches like that. Not all black people are into the "show" that goes on in some of those churches.

Like I stated in my other thread. Why is it so important Other group understand how we do church...Some of you sound awful trying to explain our lifestyle to other's..What's next Show em why I need a perm

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I'm just glad that soulster watched the ceremony. Now he can say that he knows what the black church is about
    They covered all the bases pretty much. The one thing I noticed that they did not do was repose Whitney at anytime during the service. I believe that had something to do with the television camera being present.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    LoL. I know white people are amazed and feel enlightened now, but that is NOT what the black church is all about. Not all black people attend churches like that. Not all black people are into the "show" that goes on in some of those churches.
    I never really heard worship service characterized as "the show" before.

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    What's next Show em why I need a perm
    You know you need to quit! LOL! oh LOL!!!!!!

Exactly my point. I was just never exposed to it!

Before the homegoing service took place it was stated that it would be a "traditional Baptist funeral". Anyone who knows of the "traditional" black funeral and church will already expect lots of singing, speaking and possibly some spiritual dancing. No, not all black people attend them or conduct their service that way but hearing what type of service it would be it was exactly what I expected. Had they said it would be a traditional Roman Catholic or Jewish service, I would have imagined it to be conducted in the tradition of those faiths.
    Not all black family reunions consist of an outdoor bar-be-cue with music, dancing, horse shoes, basketball and spades but if someone mentioned a "black family reunion" that's the picture that would instantly pop in my head.

There are many factions of the Baptist church. As I once mentioned before, I am used to a white Southern Baptist church, and it was very low-key and disciplined. Not even all Baptists are the same.

There are many factions of the Baptist church. As I once mentioned before, I am used to a white Southern Baptist church, and it was very low-key and disciplined. Not even all Baptists are the same.
    You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.

You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.
    Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.

I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)
    It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!

Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.
    Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!

It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!
    He is the most reverend Jesse Jackson. He is a long time friend of Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick. I was hoping so much that he was going to speak and that Aretha would sing. Those two together pack a huge ONE-TWO punch! Did you see his eulogy for Rosa Parks. He had Aretha up there behind him singing "I'll Fly Away" while he concluded his message...........they shut it down! LOL!!!!

Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.
    Jill it really does depend on the church. Some they do much more shouting and falling out, whereas others can get worked up into doing the holy dance.

LOL @ Marv.

Soulster what I didn't get was why was T.D. Jakes's wife and daughters on the pulpit. Jakes' wife had on the hat. Their all grandstanders in my opinion. [[Again ducking for cover.)

OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!
    Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.

Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.
    He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.

He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.
    I know. I was just addressing the idea that he's a saint. I guess to you he is for that reason.

Most people have a good and a sinister side.

I know. I was just addressing the idea that he's a saint. I guess to you he is for that reason.

Most people have a good and a sinister side.
    "Near Saint". I am very aware of some of Rev. Jackson's indesgressions trust me. I just admire him for doing things to help others and speaking up at times when no one else would or had the courage.