[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan on Piers Morgan, WOW.

Anyone catch the interview? I'm not a fan of Piers, so I didn't even know she was on. But there are plenty of clips on the Web.

Girlfriend was not in the mood for being gracious. She took issue with Clive having the party, calling it "insanity", saying that Whitney would not have wanted the party to go on. She blasted the people around Whintey, questioning their loyalty, and she flat out stated that Whitney was doing drugs long before she met Bobby Brown.

She was also very candid about her own life and struggles with drugs.

You can tell she's heartbroken over what happened.

I watched part of it, and she was NOT a happy camper, and I think she's right when it comes to the party. And as much as I hate to say it, Chaka was absolutely honest in the segments I saw both on TV and on the web.

Whitney was a great entertainer, but she [[with some assistance from others) absolutely destroyed her live, and in the end it destroyed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    I watched part of it, and she was NOT a happy camper, and I think she's right when it comes to the party. And as much as I hate to say it, Chaka was absolutely honest in the segments I saw both on TV and on the web.

Whitney was a great entertainer, but she [[with some assistance from others) absolutely destroyed her live, and in the end it destroyed her.
    Doug, I must agree with you and Chaka and many, many other people I am sure. That party should have been cancelled upon the news of Whitney's passing. I just cannot understand how you can party after such devasting news and right there in the same building!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.

There's another segment with Jennifer Holiday talking about Whitney Houston's drug use pre-dateing Bobby Brown.

So, many unpleasant parts to this.

And then there is all the ugly commentary from miserable people......the kind that is all over Youtube and occasionally surfaces here.

The most unpleasant is still to come! The most unpleasant part is going to be for those party goers after all of the mourning,etc has died down. They are going to be criticized and viewed as PIGS! They acted exactly the way pigs do! I should say some of them. The ones that partied at Clive's party. It is already starting.....Nancy Grace is back from vacation and you what that means! She's already started in on what the heck were they doing having a party as Whitney lying deceased right upstairs?
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2012 at 12:00 AM.

atcsm Guest
    I have a serious question. You are quick to label Diana as a drunk. She did apparently have a problem with that for a while, but she seems to have overcome that. I certainly consider Whitney's death a tragedy, but why are you willing to give her a pass?

Jennifer Holdiay was even more candid. I agree per the party. Whitney's body is in the room above them while they are partying. Couldnt they have at least moved it to another location???

Chaka spoke the truth and I love her for doing that. I also absolutely agree with her in regards to the Pre-Grammy Party. The entire thing sickened me. That was totally messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    I have a serious question. You are quick to label Diana as a drunk. She did apparently have a problem with that for a while, but she seems to have overcome that. I certainly consider Whitney's death a tragedy, but why are you willing to give her a pass?
    Seriously though, this thread is not about Diane. Go watch one of her Grammy fart videos or something so we can stay on topic here for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Jennifer Holdiay was even more candid. I agree per the party. Whitney's body is in the room above them while they are partying. Couldnt they have at least moved it to another location???
    They could have but they displayed the same behavior as pigs!

atcsm Guest
    Answer the question you skin thinned asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Seriously though, this thread is not about Diane. Go watch one of her Grammy fart videos or something so we can stay on topic here for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Chaka spoke the truth and I love her for doing that. I also absolutely agree with her in regards to the Pre-Grammy Party. The entire thing sickened me. That was totally messed up.
    Carlo! It sickened you because you are a spiritual person. It would sicken any spiritual, intelligent person. I say they acted like pigs for a reason.

I use to go to spend the summer with my grandfather when I was a kid. He lived in a rural area, out in the country. I will never forget one summer when I was 11 years old a farmer in the town he lived in was feeding his pigs in a pen. The farmer had a heart attack and fell dead right where he stood feeding the pigs. You know what the pigs did? They ate him! That's right, according to the local news he was found the next day partially devored by the pigs!

I correlate having this party only hours after Whitney Houston died ,someone that generated a huge amount of revenue for the music industry allowing them to continue to grow and expand their businesses. As she was lying dead in a room just upstairs from them! True, she did not single handedly fund the music business through her talents, but she made a definite financial impact! The farmer was providing substenance to the pigs and they turned around and ate him anyway. But they were just dumb farm animals, what was Clive Davis' excuse?!!!!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2012 at 04:07 AM.

This posting is from another forum but it pretty much sums up what I and I am sure others feel about the whole situation:

Tuesday

Clive Davis is Bobbie Kris's Godfather. While she and her DEAD mother were upstairs, Clive Davis and his guests were partying it up. A 5-second moment of silence does NOT a "tribute" make. No wonder Bobbie Kris ended up in the hospital twice. Can you imagine having just experienced such horror and then hearing music blasting downstairs with all of your mother's so-called friends and Godfather partying it up downstairs?

What in the demonic hell have we come to as a society? People are actually defending this sort of behavior? No wonder this country is in such moral decay. Only in America: land of free!

February 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply

From: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02...been-canceled/

atcsm Guest
    Unfortunatley and sadly it was a path she chose..........no sugar coating it. Much like you align Diana for her mistakes - there but for the grace of God goes she. She was blessed with people that helped her through her troubled times.
    This posting is from another forum but it pretty much sums up what I and I am sure others feel about the whole situation:

Tuesday

Clive Davis is Bobbie Kris's Godfather. While she and her DEAD mother were upstairs, Clive Davis and his guests were partying it up. A 5-second moment of silence does NOT a "tribute" make. No wonder Bobbie Kris ended up in the hospital twice. Can you imagine having just experienced such horror and then hearing music blasting downstairs with all of your mother's so-called friends and Godfather partying it up downstairs?

What in the demonic hell have we come to as a society? People are actually defending this sort of behavior? No wonder this country is in such moral decay. Only in America: land of free!

February 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply

From: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02...been-canceled/

The most unpleasant is still to come! The most unpleasant part is going to be for those party goers after all of the mourning,etc has died down. They are going to be criticized and viewed as PIGS! They acted exactly the way pigs do! I should say some of them. The ones that partied at Clive's party. It is already starting.....Nancy Grace is back from vacation and you what that means! She's already started in on what the heck were they doing having a party as Whitney lying deceased right upstairs?
    We know why you're here, Marv2.

It is not to spread love.

But love will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post

But love will prevail.
    Oh we do? I've been here for 9 years, how long have you been here? Love will definitely prevail, just not the kind of love you are peddling pal! Try staying on topic for a change. You'll get more out of it.

smark21 Guest
    I was surprised that Clive Davis went ahead with the party. It was a bad judgement call but I wouldn't call it evil. Somehow if Diana Ross were not in attendance, I think one poster on this thread would not be so hardcore about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I was surprised that Clive Davis went ahead with the party. It was a bad judgement call but I wouldn't call it evil. Somehow if Diana Ross were not in attendance, I think one poster on this thread would not be so hardcore about the topic.
    You are speaking about me and you are wrong. For the record there are many, many people speaking out against that party in places all over the web. Check the Huffington Post article on this subject for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post

But love will prevail.
    Careful Sugarchilehoneybaby, marv2 will running whining to the moderator and you may end up banned.

Roberta

The party should have been canceled. Harder decision for Diana than other guest, as she was the "guest of honor". What I don't understand is all the people speaking to any interviewer about the death of Whitney and how awful it was that this event went on, but they don't think twice about speaking on someones tragedy- in order to get "air time". Then there were the guest who were for it before they were against it. The ones who walked the red carpet, did the interviews, then decided they wanted to "leave early"...Gladys Knight is one of them.

Chaka Kahn said the following on Piers Morgan:

"I too, was an addict, [and] I know if I was on the set of a movie, even now and [I've been] recovered for seven years, and I found out that I was coming to a city like L.A, we would've made specific plans that I come in [the] night before or day of performance," she said. "Especially if you have not gone in and got proper treatment and gotten your situation handled. That was the first big mistake, for her to come in an entire week before her performance at the party, I would have never done that.
    I stand on whoever flew her out to perform at that party should've provided someone to be there to somehow keep the riff raff from out of the situation. To keep some of the dangerous people away."

While I think having the party was poor judgement on the part of Clive Davis, we don't know the ramifications of canceling the party. The waste of food, unpaid workers and we don't know if Cissy Houston told Mr. Davis to go ahead with the party. We just don't know.

Where I disagree with Chaka is that "they" [[whoever "they" are) should have provided someone to look after Whitney. Miss Houston was a 48 year old grown woman and a drug addict who was far from being in recovery. That said, if someone wants drugs, they'll get them and for Whitney's hangers on to say she was "only having a few glasses of champagne" is enabling at it's worst. Sobriety means just that. Staying sober and that means staying away from even a sip of alcohol and all drugs, legal and illegal.

What happened to Whitney is very tragic but given her past history, not that surprising.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Where I disagree with Chaka is that "they" [[whoever "they" are) should have provided someone to look after Whitney. Miss Houston was a 48 year old grown woman and a drug addict who was far from being in recovery. That said, if someone wants drugs, they'll get them and for Whitney's hangers on to say she was "only having a few glasses of champagne" is enabling at it's worst. Sobriety means just that. Staying sober and that means staying away from even a sip of alcohol and all drugs, legal and illegal.

What happened to Whitney is very tragic but given her past history, not that surprising.

Roberta
    ABC News spoke with her former bodyguard and he said they were instructed to a) make certain she took showers instead of baths and b) to check in on her every few minutes. If this is true, it was only a matter of time before something bad happened to her. He seemed to believe the people who were with her at the time of her death either didn't get the memo or didn't see the need to follow it so closely.

She very obviously had problems beyond what the public is aware [[or should really know about, IMO). Ultimately, people will find enablers for what they want to do. It was not the responsiblity of anyone else to make sure she stayed out of trouble.

HLN and NY Post have both criticized the party.

Just as I thought. They lied about Whitney's family's approval of that party.

http://www.popularcritic.com/2012/02...stons-tribute/

Chaka Khan, the Queen of Funk, openly condemned music executive and Whitney Houston’s mentor Clive Davis on CNN’s Piers Morgan show for continuing his annual pre-Grammy dinner just hours after the iconic legend was pronounced dead. Whitney’s body had yet to be removed from the Beverly Hilton hotel where the dinner was also being held.

“I thought that was complete insanity,” the “Tell Me Something Good” iconic singer said as Piers asked her thoughts on half the room being in tears and the other half partying at the ongoing pre-Grammy dinner.

“And knowing Whitney, I don’t think she would have said the show must go on,” a weary-looking Chaka continued. “She’s the kind of woman that would have said ‘Uh uh, stop everything. I’m not going to be there.’”

Khan was referring to Clive’s statement he read while honoring Whitney at the annual event where he suggested that the late Houston’s family gave their blessing for the continuance of the dinner.

“By now you have all learned of the unspeakably tragic news of our beloved Whitney’s passing. I am personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me for so many years…She graced this stage with her regal presence and gave so many memorable performances here over the years. Simply put, Whitney would have wanted the music to go on and her family asked that we carry on,” Davis said as he read from a statement.

Though Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55 P.M. PST, the “The Greatest Love Of All” singer’s body was still at the hotel on the fourth floor because officials did not want to disrupt the integrity of the scene where the star died before an absolute comb over of the hotel room was completed. Many did not attend the dinner because the thought of the late superstar’s body still in the hotel where the dinner was being held felt wrong and disrespectful.

While some celebs decidedly attended Davis’ event to pay tribute to the icon’s untimely and tragic death, Chaka, Sharon Osbourne, and Beyonce Knowles were notably absent from the hyped annual outing.

“I don’t know what could motivate a person to have a party, in a building [[where Whitney’s body laid), where the person whose life he [[Clive Davis) had influenced so enormously and whose life had been so affected by hers [[Whitney Houston), “Chaka said.

Apparently Chaka was also too devastated about the loss of the “Saving All My Love” singer that she bowed out of the 54th Grammy Awards tribute performance for Houston where she was to join Jennifer Hudson who sang a beautiful rendition of Whitney’s “I Will Always Love You”.

“As I grieve the loss of my friend and ‘little sister,’ I don’t feel it appropriate to perform at this time. Continue to pray for the family,” Khan tweeted the day of the Grammy Awards.

In a new update, a source close to the family are reportedly denying ever giving Clive Davis the go-ahead to continue the party.

The insider told Radar Online, “The mood in the suite was just that of pure shock. Bobbi Kristina was absolutely inconsolable, she was rocking back and forth on the couch, crying hysterically. Clive was already dressed in his tux and most of Whitney’s family was already dressed for the party. There wasn’t any mention of the party proceeding or being canceled by Clive. He told Whitney’s family that they could stay in his suite as long as they needed to, and then after about 45 minutes with them, he left. He said he had to go downstairs and take care of the guests, but the family had no idea that the party was going to proceed. Whitney’s aunt, Mary Jones, was absolutely stunned that the party was going ahead, and she was very upset that it hadn’t been canceled.”

“Even IF Whitney had given her blessing for the party to continue, even that doesn’t make it ok. Her body was lying in a room upstairs, dead, for heaven’s sake. It was simply in bad taste, period. The family just feels like it was very insensitive for the party to continue. Yes, guests were on the way to the hotel at the time when they learned the news, but they could have had a prayer in the ballroom, and then Clive could have, and should have, sent everyone home. The food could have been donated to a local homeless shelter.”

Do you agree with Chaka Khan’s sentiments?

I pretty much agree with what Chaka is saying. Having the party was in bad taste.
    With that said, I think Chaka is coming from a place of guilt instead of anger. Why guilt? Because she got high with Whitney- her "little sister". Anyone that got her high, or got high with her is in no position to speak on what is right and what is wrong.

When Chaka fested up about getting high with Whitney and Bobby, she speaking about years ago. I am pretty sure she has tried to offer Whitney help. I'd say Whitney had much more support than some others that have passed such as Florence Ballard of the Supremes. Chaka is not guilty of anything. The doctors and pushers would be the ones that should have guilt on their minds today.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I pretty much agree with what Chaka is saying. Having the party was in bad taste.
    With that said, I think Chaka is coming from a place of guilt instead of anger. Why guilt? Because she got high with Whitney- her "little sister". Anyone that got her high, or got high with her is in no position to speak on what is right and what is wrong.
    I found Chaka's ‘fondest’ memory of Whitney really bizarre. One the one hand she's saying Clive Davis should have canceled the party, yet on the other hand she's talking about partying with Whitney.

Chaka told Piers Morgan:

“There was one time, me and her and Bobby were all together in a hotel, it was actually in Florida as well. And we were up there getting high together. Talking crazy and having a really, really, really good laughing, and a really, really good time.”

Odd memory considering that Miss Houston battled drug addiction for more than half of her life.

Roberta

Really? If it does turn out that Whitney's death was drugs/alcohol related, you don't think that anyone who enabled, encouraged, prescribed drugs, brought drugs to her, or did drugs with her, would have any guilt, knowing that they had a part in what eventually took her life?
    Last edited by skooldem1; 02-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.

You're sounding like Whitney was a toddler when Chaka met her. Nope! She was a big girl! I am not going to get into the several people that I have met and known over the years that grew up with her and her brother Gary, because now is not the time. I will say that people have done lots of things we may or may not approve of during "happy days" and better times that they would not continue to do down the line. So, so many people in this country have done drugs over the course of their lifetimes [[including the President!) that to look for guilt in one....for another is not viewing things correctly.

Diana contemplated not going but went because of Clive did a big tribute to her and she didn't want to let the people involved in it down. But she looked weary on the carpet, talking about all the loss the industry has faced recently.

Gladys Knight rushed on the red carpet into the event, almost looking embarassed when she quickly answered a few questions.

Monica was allegedly in tears during the party.

Alicia Keys skipped the red carpet altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post
    Diana contemplated not going but went because of Clive did a big tribute to her and she didn't want to let the people involved in it down. But she looked weary on the carpet, talking about all the loss the industry has faced recently.

Gladys Knight rushed on the red carpet into the event, almost looking embarassed when she quickly answered a few questions.

Monica was allegedly in tears during the party.

Alicia Keys skipped the red carpet altogether.
    Clive Davis issued the following statement on Saturday regarding his party:

"By now you have all learned of the unspeakably tragic news of our beloved Whitney’s passing," Davis said at evening's start. "I don't have to mask my emotion in front of a room full of so many dear friends. I am personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me for so many years. Whitney was so full of life. She was so looking forward to tonight even though she wasn't scheduled to perform." He continued, "Whitney was a beautiful person and a talent beyond compare. She graced this stage with her regal presence and gave so many memorable performances here over the years. Simply put, Whitney would have wanted the music to go on and her family asked that we carry on."

Some of Whitney's relatives say the family never told Mr. Davis that the party should go on. Mr. Davis says the family asked that he go on with the scheduled party, so who knows which side is telling the truth.

I personally think that maybe he should have canceled the party but he must have had his reasons for going forward with it. A few months from now I doubt the party will matter much.

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    I wonder if next year's Clive Davis pre grammy party will be such a hot ticket after the decision to hold a party this year? Most likely it will, but the bad aftertaste of having the party this year may have an impact as well.

Anybody notice that Holly Robinson was sitting beside Chaka in the the first part of the show, hardly say anything. Then after the commercial break she was gone, without any explanation from anyone. Whats up with that? Did it get too deep for her?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Some woman had the audacity to go on Chaka's facebook page and left this comment:
    I am very dissappointed in your decision to go on Piers Morgan and discuss your private drug use with Whitney Houston! I find it strange that you never felt the need to share this information before Whitney died! The media is already speculating that Whitney died of a drug overdose even though, it hasn't been confirmed. All you've done is add fuel to fire! I sincerely hope you don't get an invitation to the funeral. Clearly you are not and never were Whitney's friend!!!
    Last edited by P-Shark: The Revenge; 02-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Clive Davis issued the following statement on Saturday regarding his party:

"By now you have all learned of the unspeakably tragic news of our beloved Whitney’s passing," Davis said at evening's start. "I don't have to mask my emotion in front of a room full of so many dear friends. I am personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me for so many years. Whitney was so full of life. She was so looking forward to tonight even though she wasn't scheduled to perform." He continued, "Whitney was a beautiful person and a talent beyond compare. She graced this stage with her regal presence and gave so many memorable performances here over the years. Simply put, Whitney would have wanted the music to go on and her family asked that we carry on."

Some of Whitney's relatives say the family never told Mr. Davis that the party should go on. Mr. Davis says the family asked that he go on with the scheduled party, so who knows which side is telling the truth.

I personally think that maybe he should have canceled the party but he must have had his reasons for going forward with it. A few months from now I doubt the party will matter much.

Roberta
    The famiy is telling the truth and he is lying. No I was not there but you read the above article. Using common sense tells me that with the family being in shock and some hysterical, that no DECENT person would have the nerve or the mind to ask them is it alright if I still have my party?

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Anybody notice that Holly Robinson was sitting beside Chaka in the the first part of the show, hardly say anything. Then after the commercial break she was gone, without any explanation from anyone. Whats up with that? Did it get too deep for her?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Some woman had the audacity to go on Chaka's facebook page and left this comment:
    Whoever wrote that is an idiot. I am referring to the woman on facebook.