[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't mean to sound morbid,but damn who's next we're still reeling over[don cornilius]and now whitney,i was looking forward to seeing her in[sparkle]damn the[2000's]have been rough on our music legends[james brown,m.j.,luthor,barry white,eartha kitt]i know death comes to us all but these entertainers become a part of our lives and it's almost like losing a family member...we love you whitney and may your voice sore in the heavens as it did on earth...r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    and this is coming from a person that posted THIS just the other day:

Sugarchilehoneybaby
    Join Date Dec 2011Posts 153
    I will say this: Mary's breasts oughtta be insured by Lloyd's of London. I mean, who the hell cares what she sounds like?
    This is some sorry shit to be posting on an R.I.P. thread!

The marquee at the Apollo is remembering Whitney

Name:  apollo.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  61.9 KB

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    This is some sorry shit to be posting on an R.I.P. thread!
    What was some sorry shit was the orginal posting from orginal post.

Whitney Houston once said that the spotlight that shines on us, also burns us.

Sunset and evening star,
    And one clear call for me!
    And may there be no moaning of the bar,
    When I put out to sea,
    But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
    Too full for sound and foam,
    When that which drew from out the boundless deep
    Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
    And after that the dark!
    And may there be no sadness of farewell,
    When I embark;
    For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
    The flood may bear me far,
    I hope to see my Pilot face to face
    When I have crost the bar.

Tennyson

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Whitney Houston once said that the spotlight that shines on us, also burns us.
    But oh how she could shine in that light.

dianesfan_1965 Guest

Two of my best friends were at this performance in NYC. Nobody knew she was going to be there.

smark21 Guest
    Here's a report on events of Whitney's last days. So she was dating Ray J, the guy who helped propell Kim Kardashian to fame when they made the sex tape which ended with Ray J. giving Kim a golden shower?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...144148765.html
    Last edited by smark21; 02-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    What was some sorry shit was the orginal posting from orginal post.
    But, why bring it to this kind of thread? At least have some respect for the person who died. Leave that Mary Wilson/Diana Ross/Supremes shit for another thread.

I've said my piece about it, and this really isn't the place.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's a report on events of Whitney's last days. So she was dating Ray J, the guy who helped propell Kim Kardashian to fame when they made the sex tape which ended with Ray J. giving Kim a golden shower?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...144148765.html
    This isn't about Ray J or Kim K. [[ the Media Whore) It's about respecting Whitney Houston.

This is a bummer, she dominated the airwaves of the 80's and early 90's. I loved her version of "I'm Every Woman" [[I like the original a little better, but Whitney did a great job, too). Powerful voice, gorgeous woman.

Addiction isn't something to be laughed, ridiculed, or mocked. One can do a million interventions and it might not work. Organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous have far from a 100 percent success rate, but they still do a lot of good. Some people never overcome addictions, much of it is biological and how our bodies react to it. Much of it is neurological and how are brains react to substances. It's often a combination of both.

I've already read some mean stuff on Facebook criticizing her for her substance abuse. Please, not now, and besides, it's not like she wanted to end her life. She needed help.

Thanks for the memories, Whitney.

I cannot help but think of David Ruffin at this time.

Whitney Houston

David Ruffin

two great talents taken
    away from us

R I P Whitney

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Unbelievable, I was just writing a post about Kelly Price's "Unplugged: For The Love of R & B" event that I attended on Thursday in LA. I was one of the photographer's for the Red carpet and I got a few shots of Whitney as she entered, She was in good spirits and when she exited the building, she even stopped to pose for the crazy paparazzi and even signed one man's copies of her first two albums. This is the photo that I took on Thursday, Feb 9th, 2012 of Whitney Houston Attachment 4384

Glencro, that is an excellent photo. It will no doubt become quite significant historically speaking. Did you happen to run into El DeBarge at this event?

Rest in peace

In terms of platitudes, I can think of nothing to add to the millions of words written since yesterday, other than to say that learning of her passing was somewhat eerie for me.

My lady & I attended the 3 p.m. 70's Soul Jam at The Beacon in order to celebrate Valentines Day. In the 2+ years that we've been together, whenever she accompanied me to a show, I was shooting. I've never been able to actually watch a show with her. Being Valentines Day weekend, for once, I attended a show sitting by her side.

Anyway, we sat inside of the auditorium after the show, speaking with fellow forumers Joe Rivera & Mike Mullens & ran into Paul Williams Jr. & spoke for a quick minute, then headed to the Sugar Bar for dinner. After leaving the Sugar Bar, I was going to go across the street to a Korean Deli to pick up something, then noticed a little store a couple of doors down from the Sugar Bar. I popped in & noticed Rasperry Joya Bars & those are my weakness. As I turned to the magazine rack, I see the National Enquirer with one of their usual stories about Whitney & as by now I'm sure that most people have seen it, I wont regurgitate it here. As I looked at the 2 pictures which accompanied the story, I thought about buying it, then decided against it. My thinking being that they just weren't ever going to give this woman any peace.

On the way back home, I was speaking with my lady about the Enquirer article & shaking my head about the constant negativity found in those magazines & the whole TMZ mentality which seems to taint everything these days. We got home & was watching tv, when she got a call from her daughter telling her that Whitney had died. We went onto the internet & there it was.

What kinda threw me was the timing of it all. I had just seen her on the cover of The Enquirer & as thought about the time, I realized that she had died shortly before I saw that magazine. That felt a bit eerie.

After reading all of the accusations, the blame game & countless rantings of both friend & foe, when all is said & done, I believe that it will come out that her death wasn't due to any illicit drug use or binging, but was accidental.

Either way, for whatever reason, to lose such a talented woman is tragic. And when you consider the heights to which she had soared, the valleys to which she'd come to know & add her prodigious gifts [[not to mention her beauty), her passing is nothing less than a great American tragedy.

My condolences to her family, friends, loved ones & fans. And while we're at it, let's offer a special prayer to Cissy Houston, the mother who fought valiantly to prevent such a day of finality. And let's offer a very, very special prayer to Kristina Bobbi, the daughter who is going to feel this loss quite severely.

Whitney Houston - R.I.P.

Glencro: Beautifully crisp shot. Thanks for sharing!

Millven: Thanks for sharing the marquee shot!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    In terms of platitudes, I can think of nothing to add to the millions of words written since yesterday, other than to say that learning of her passing was somewhat eerie for me.

My lady & I attended the 3 p.m. 70's Soul Jam at The Beacon in order to celebrate Valentines Day. In the 2+ years that we've been together, whenever she accompanied me to a show, I was shooting. I've never been able to actually watch a show with her. Being Valentines Day weekend, for once, I attended a show sitting by her side.

Anyway, we sat inside of the auditorium after the show, speaking with fellow forumers Joe Rivera & Mike Mullens & ran into Paul Williams Jr. & spoke for a quick minute, then headed to the Sugar Bar for dinner. After leaving the Sugar Bar, I was going to go across the street to a Korean Deli to pick up something, then noticed a little store a couple of doors down from the Sugar Bar. I popped in & noticed Rasperry Joya Bars & those are my weakness. As I turned to the magazine rack, I see the National Enquirer with one of their usual stories about Whitney & as by now I'm sure that most people have seen it, I wont regurgitate it here. As I looked at the 2 pictures which accompanied the story, I thought about buying it, then decided against it. My thinking being that they just weren't ever going to give this woman any peace.

On the way back home, I was speaking with my lady about the Enquirer article & shaking my head about the constant negativity found in those magazines & the whole TMZ mentality which seems to taint everything these days. We got home & was watching tv, when she got a call from her daughter telling her that Whitney had died. We went onto the internet & there it was.

What kinda threw me was the timing of it all. I had just seen her on the cover of The Enquirer & as thought about the time, I realized that she had died shortly before I saw that magazine. That felt a bit eerie.

After reading all of the accusations, the blame game & countless rantings of both friend & foe, when all is said & done, I believe that it will come out that her death wasn't due to any illicit drug use or binging, but was accidental.

Either way, for whatever reason, to lose such a talented woman is tragic. And when you consider the heights to which she had soared, the valleys to which she'd come to know & add her prodigious gifts [[not to mention her beauty), her passing is nothing less than a great American tragedy.

My condolences to her family, friends, loved ones & fans. And while we're at it, let's offer a special prayer to Cissy Houston, the mother who fought valiantly to prevent such a day of finality. And let's offer a very, very special prayer to Kristina Bobbi, the daughter who is going to feel this loss quite severely.

Whitney Houston - R.I.P.
    Juice, it is so good to read a post from you again even under such sad circumstances. What is personally eerie to me.......is what you just said! You see, Thursday evening we were in the King Kullen Supermarket out here [[Thurs is grocery day on Long Island) and I noticed that same Enquirer with Whitney on the cover looking really bad and just thought to myself that they purposely found the worst pictures they could to print and build a story around them. Little did I know that in least than 48 hours she would be gone from us. Sometimes I have to give credit to papers and media outlets like TMZ for actually knowing what they are talking about. I just wished none of it was true.

But, why bring it to this kind of thread? At least have some respect for the person who died. Leave that Mary Wilson/Diana Ross/Supremes shit for another thread.

I've said my piece about it, and this really isn't the place.
    Soulster, you should have shown more respect in the Etta James thread. I wanted to say something when I first saw your reply to Marv that but I just let it go. Just had to get this out

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Ok kids ... I am not a religious person but "the sprit' done got me a bit ago and I put on "Step By Step" by Whitney and busted a move all over the house. The dogs were barking, my hubby remember why he fell in love with my dance move. But the one thing the spirit and Whitney pulled a joke on me and said ... "girl, don't break a hip". Chile! My fat ass had to take a shower after my performance.

Thanks Whitney! I know you, my brother, my dad and mother in law are getting a laught out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Soulster, you should have shown more respect in the Etta James thread. I wanted to say something when I first saw your reply to Marv that but I just let it go. Just had to get this out
    I honestly do not remember what I wrote. And, if I did, I will stop and apologize for it now.

I honestly do not remember what I wrote. And, if I did, I will stop and apologize for it now.
    I just felt that wasn't the right thread to try to start a debate on the subject of her being a pioneer.
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...highlight=etta

I just felt that wasn't the right thread to try to start a debate on the subject of her being a pioneer.
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...highlight=etta
    Oh! I remember now! I was simply responding to someone who made the claim. Still, you have a point, ma-man! Again, sorry 'bout that. I won't remove it, i'll let it stand.

Marv,

I understand because I had the same thought when I saw the magazine. This was increased tenfold just 2 hours later when my lady received the call from her daughter.

Another thing that I'd like to address was the pictures that you mentioned...As a photographer, I can take live shots of anyone & if I so desire, I can slant those images into whatever direction I so desire. And any photographer knows exactly what I mean.

As an example, most of you have seen my pictures here dating back to early 2004. And I believe that I've developed a very specific style, I try not to take your standard shots, but shots that give you just a little bit of insightinto the emotion that goes into that performer[[s) performance.

With that said, the difference between a good shot & a shot which can be extremely unflattering can be meaured in 100ths of a second or the blink of an eye. And everyone of us who has ever taken a picture full well knows this, as just about all of us have taken pictures which finds one person with a grimace, one eye shut or someone's mouth twisted into some crazy position.

Now if you're a decent sort, you would never run or post an unflattering or embarrassing picture of anyone, as you certainly wouldn't anyone to do such a thing to you or a loved one. Now if you look at those pictures that appear of Whitney's last Thursday night out, while someof the pictures are unflattering, you'll notice that whomever took those pictures was merely snapping away as quickly as they could.

Take the shot with her mouth open. I can guarantee you that had I taken those same shots, they would've told a different story. I would've gotten GOOD shots because those would've been the shots that I was looking to get. Sometimes, it all comes down to agendas. If you want to run with the negative & paint a negative story, you don't go with the next frame which might've looked perfectly fine & would've been more flattering to the subject. But we know that in today's 'tabloid mentality, as well as the fact that it was Whitney, negative pictures were so much more an easy sell than pictures that would've depicted Whitney as just another celebrity after a night out on the town.

I don't care who it is, when it comes down to something such as pictures where a split second can make a difference, you can make anyone look as good or conversely, as bad as you want to. I can take a picture of my grandson & make him look worse than anything taken of Whitney that night & he doesn't drink anything stronger than apple juice.

As I said, if you want to paint a negative picture of someone, it's very easy to tailor your pictures into that direction if you so desire. Now if he/she really wants to give a more balanced picture, then let's see ALL of what he/she shot that night.

THAT might tell quite a tale.

@Soulster, That's cool. Even if you wanted to remove it you can't. You have a limited time of editing your posts

Oh! I remember now! I was simply responding to someone who made the claim. Still, you have a point, ma-man! Again, sorry 'bout that. I won't remove it, i'll let it stand.
    You don't have to remove it. I LOVED Etta James and I just took it that maybe you did not care for her or her music much. I didn't take it to heart. I guess all the crap that those through at me for not worshipping Diana Ross, I am becoming immuned! hehehehehehe.........

@Soulster, That's cool. Even if you wanted to remove it you can't. You have a limited time of editing your posts
    and thanks P-Shark for even acknowledging that even though it's over now and done with.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Marv,

I understand because I had the same thought when I saw the magazine. This was increased tenfold just 2 hours later when my lady received the call from her daughter.

Another thing that I'd like to address was the pictures that you mentioned...As a photographer, I can take live shots of anyone & if I so desire, I can slant those images into whatever direction I so desire. And any photographer knows exactly what I mean.

As an example, most of you have seen my pictures here dating back to early 2004. And I believe that I've developed a very specific style, I try not to take your standard shots, but shots that give you just a little bit of insightinto the emotion that goes into that performer[[s) performance.

With that said, the difference between a good shot & a shot which can be extremely unflattering can be meaured in 100ths of a second or the blink of an eye. And everyone of us who has ever taken a picture full well knows this, as just about all of us have taken pictures which finds one person with a grimace, one eye shut or someone's mouth twisted into some crazy position.

Now if you're a decent sort, you would never run or post an unflattering or embarrassing picture of anyone, as you certainly wouldn't anyone to do such a thing to you or a loved one. Now if you look at those pictures that appear of Whitney's last Thursday night out, while someof the pictures are unflattering, you'll notice that whomever took those pictures was merely snapping away as quickly as they could.

Take the shot with her mouth open. I can guarantee you that had I taken those same shots, they would've told a different story. I would've gotten GOOD shots because those would've been the shots that I was looking to get. Sometimes, it all comes down to agendas. If you want to run with the negative & paint a negative story, you don't go with the next frame which might've looked perfectly fine & would've been more flattering to the subject. But we know that in today's 'tabloid mentality, as well as the fact that it was Whitney, negative pictures were so much more an easy sell than pictures that would've depicted Whitney as just another celebrity after a night out on the town.

I don't care who it is, when it comes down to something such as pictures where a split second can make a difference, you can make anyone look as good or conversely, as bad as you want to. I can take a picture of my grandson & make him look worse than anything taken of Whitney that night & he doesn't drink anything stronger than apple juice.

As I said, if you want to paint a negative picture of someone, it's very easy to tailor your pictures into that direction if you so desire. Now if he/she really wants to give a more balanced picture, then let's see ALL of what he/she shot that night.

THAT might tell quite a tale.
    Totally understood and agree! It reminds of me several shots I took of my sister and her husband at the New Years Party. The first 3 pics I couldn't catch her smiling, but the 4 and 5 shots were great.

Whitney Houston was a beautiful woman. She came from a beautiful woman. To me it was unnatural for her to look bad........

Whitney Houston autopsy complete

Whitney Houston's autopsy has been completed and it has been claimed she died from mixing prescription drugs with alcohol.

[[BANG) - Whitney Houston's death was reportedly caused by prescription drugs and alcohol.
    An autopsy on the 48-year-old singer - who was found dead in the bath of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday [[11.02.12) - has been completed and Los Angeles County Coroner officials have told her relatives that she did not drown.
    Sources told TMZ.com that the coroner did not find enough water in Whitney's lungs to suggest she died in the bath, but they believe her passing was a result of the combination of alcohol, Xanax and other prescription drugs she had taken.
    It is believed that Whitney's official cause of death will not be released for some time to allow police to complete investigations.
    A source told RadarOnline.com: ''The Beverly Hills Police Department has requested the Coroner's Office put the results on a 'security hold,' because it could hamper their ongoing investigation.''
    Whitney's mother reportedly plans to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta tomorrow [[14.02.12) now the autopsy is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Whitney Houston's autopsy has been completed and it has been claimed she died from mixing prescription drugs with alcohol.

[[BANG) - Whitney Houston's death was reportedly caused by prescription drugs and alcohol.
    An autopsy on the 48-year-old singer - who was found dead in the bath of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday [[11.02.12) - has been completed and Los Angeles County Coroner officials have told her relatives that she did not drown.
    Sources told TMZ.com that the coroner did not find enough water in Whitney's lungs to suggest she died in the bath, but they believe her passing was a result of the combination of alcohol, Xanax and other prescription drugs she had taken.
    It is believed that Whitney's official cause of death will not be released for some time to allow police to complete investigations.
    A source told RadarOnline.com: ''The Beverly Hills Police Department has requested the Coroner's Office put the results on a 'security hold,' because it could hamper their ongoing investigation.''
    Whitney's mother reportedly plans to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta tomorrow [[14.02.12) now the autopsy is complete.
    The autopsy may be completed, but just a couple of hours ago, the L.A. Coroner went on live TV and stated that the toxicology report will not be ready for another 8-9 weeks, and that there is a security hold on any information regarding the case until the time which the report will be released. Anything being reported did not come from him.

At this point there's going to be a lot of crap thrown against the wall, hoping that something will stick.

Currently, we dont know & the police aren't allowing any information to be released because they're STILL investigating. It would seem to me that currently, theres a limited amount of people who have COMPLETE knowledge of the coroners report. It would also seem to me that anyone who offers information about the coroners report under the guise of being ''official" would be guilty of interfering with an investigation.

While I understand curiosity, the fact remains that knowledgeofthe cause of her passing serves no useful purpose to anyone other than her loved ones, employer & insurer[[s). Everyone else should simply let the final autopsy tell the tale in its alloted time. Despite what may be said by anyone [[and it could very well be true), who's to say whether she had a heart attack in her sleep & slid under water?

We don't know. Hopefully, people will stop to consider that there's a mother, a daughter & several loved ones who are reeling right now. Hopefully, the media & yahoo boards will stop to consider that the need for the family to mourn is greater than our ''need'' to know the specifics of her passing. That's a matter for another day. Right now, a family has to bury a daughter, a mother, a cousin or niece.

With that said, I fully understand that none of that will stop even one tongue from wagging, nor one high & mighty person from assigning blame for this situation.

And that is truly a shame, but has become the norm for what passes for ''civilized'' society these days.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-13-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Something else in what you posted doesn't sound right. Here in New York I just heard an interview with the Rev. Jesse Jackson in which he stated that she will be brought back here to New Jersey for the funeral on either Friday or Saturday of this week. Where they got Atlanta, I don't know.

Well, expect a bunch of misiformation and conspiracy theories now.

Well, expect a bunch of misiformation and conspiracy theories now.
    You got that right! Already the NY Daily News has a front page story claiming that several members of her entourage were standing right outside the bathroom and never knew Whitney was in trouble.

It´s really a sad story for the Houston family, one week ago I remember that Dionne received the golden camera in Berlin for her lifetime music career international. She got standing ovations wit 71 years and now her cousin died with 48 years. At the beginning of Whitney`s career my wishes were that she goes into the footsteps of Dionne

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You got that right! Already the NY Daily News has a front page story claiming that several members of her entourage were standing right outside the bathroom and never knew Whitney was in trouble.
    Ummm...that was reported on CNN...

SupremeBoy Guest
    R.I.P. Whitney...

she will take her place next to Judy Garland as the two greatest natural vocal talents this country ever produced...

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    R.I.P. Whitney...

she will take her place next to Judy Garland as the two greatest natural vocal talents this country ever produced...

That's not true. I don't know what Judy Garland was, but Mahalia Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta JAmes and so many more were natural vocal talents and far greater in my opinion.

SupremeBoy Guest
    That's not true. I don't know what Judy Garland was, but Mahalia Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta JAmes and so many more were natural vocal talents and far greater in my opinion.
    With all due respect that is just YOUR opinion, I didn't ask for nor need your confirmation to justify MY opinion. Judy Garland was a human being she wasn't a "what" and she was truly a gifted vocalist and a legend. BROADEN YOUR MUSICAL HORIZONS. #getaclue

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    With all due respect that is just YOUR opinion, I didn't ask for nor need your confirmation to justify MY opinion. Judy Garland was a human being she wasn't a "what" and she was truly a gifted vocalist and a legend. BROADEN YOUR MUSICAL HORIZONS. #getaclue

Doesn't matter if you asked. This is an open forum and I wholeheartedly disagree with your above statement. I stand what I said. Mahalia Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Dinah Washington and heck Dinah Shore were much better vocalists!

SupremeBoy Guest
    Doesn't matter if you asked. This is an open forum and I wholeheartedly disagree with your above statement. I stand what I said. Mahalia Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Dinah Washington and heck Dinah Shore were much better vocalists!
    Again just YOUR opinion ...and you know what they say about those, dontcha?

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Saw this and others on Fri and I thought oh dear, not good.

Attachment 4386
    Below, singing live & beautiful. RIP.

I posted a photo of Whitney [[above with j cross photography) that I took as she entered the building about 2 hours before this one was taken. That room was crowded and very hot. Literally a sweat box. I had a face towel with me. She's sweated out from being in that hot room. She actually looked great that day but everyone basically looked like that after leaving the event.

I posted a photo of Whitney [[above with j cross photography) that I took as she entered the building about 2 hours before this one was taken. That room was crowded and very hot. Literally a sweat box. I had a face towel with me. She's sweated out from being in that hot room. She actually looked great that day but everyone basically looked like that after leaving the event.
    I saw a video of her surprised meeting up with El DeBarge at the party and Whitney looked nice from what I saw.

Glencro, that is an excellent photo. It will no doubt become quite significant historically speaking. Did you happen to run into El DeBarge at this event?
    Thank you. Yes, El DeBarge was at the event too. I submitted some photos to Radio-One [[who hired me) but i will post some once they are published.

Thank you. Yes, El DeBarge was at the event too. I submitted some photos to Radio-One [[who hired me) but i will post some once they are published.
    Glen, please do. You do take some incredible pictures and I would love to see them. I feel bad for El right now as well.

Just wondering why Detroit's own Aretha Franklin isn't on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Just wondering why Detroit's own Aretha Franklin isn't on your list?
    Aretha is still very much alive while the singers noted here are deceased which is what Supremeboy was referring to when he said that now "Whitney takes her place next to Judy Garland as the two greatest natural vocal talents this country ever produced..."

I took issue with that because there are so many great singers that have now passed that I feel were great. I only know Garland basically from the Wizard of Oz. Aretha was on the 2012 BET Honors tonight singing with Stevie Wonder and she tore it up!

Aretha is still very much alive while the singers noted here are deceased which is what Supremeboy was referring to when he said that now "Whitney takes her place next to Judy Garland as the two greatest natural vocal talents this country ever produced..."

I took issue with that because there are so many great singers that have now passed that I feel were great. I only know Garland basically from the Wizard of Oz. Aretha was on the 2012 BET Honors tonight singing with Stevie Wonder and she tore it up!
    My bad, I didn't notice the correlation of them being deceased. Judy Garland was great from what I've heard, she was before my time, but I agree with you about the others with the Queen of Soul included.

Glen, please do. You do take some incredible pictures and I would love to see them. I feel bad for El right now as well.
    Thank you marv2, will do...btw, give Judy Garland a listen. She actually is an incredible vocalist

I will be totally honest. I don't have any Whitney Houston records/CD's in my collection and her passing isn't going to change. Due to the comments I've made on this board regarding Whitney, it would be totally hypocritical of me to try and give her music props at this late date.

That being said, absolute condolences goes out to all of the Houston family.