[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RIP Whitney Houston

The Associated Press is reporting that Whitney Houston has died. No cause...no location...no details as of yet.

ladonna Guest
    Wtf?! Nooooooooooooo!!

PLEASE let this be a joke!

I just saw it on MSNBC, but I'm hoping it's just one of those internet rumors. Cher had one a couple of weeks back.

ladonna Guest
    It's being picked up everywhere; I fear this is true:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ton/53053070/1

I don't know if this is a rumor

Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies

Updated 6m ago

LOS ANGELES [[AP) – Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.
    • File photo by Chris Pizzello, AP
      Singer Whitney Houston arrived at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party on Feb. 9, 2008, in Beverly Hills, Calif.
    Enlarge

File photo by Chris Pizzello, AP
    Singer Whitney Houston arrived at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party on Feb. 9, 2008, in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Ads by Google
    Police SchoolsRequest free Information from
    Police Training Schools Near You!
    www.collegebound.net
    Argosy University®Earn a Degree In Criminal Justice &
    Enhance Your Career. Get Info Today
    www.argosy.edu
    Alabama Shakes on ConanSaw Alabama Shakes on Conan?
    Pre-order their debut album here!
    apple.com/alabamashakes

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.
    At her peak in the 1980s and '90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.
    Among her hits were "How Will I Know," "Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.
    Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."
    But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.
    Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

So sad. RIP Whitney.

Incredible that this could happen as this minute Diana Ross gets this grammy award. So sad.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Incredible that this could happen as this minute Diana Ross gets this grammy award. So sad.
    I can't believe that's your first reaction to the news!

Her publicist confirmed it. Though cause of death has not been released. There were pictures taken earlier this week showing HOuston looking disheveled with wig askew and blood on her legs leaving a club. I can only assume her death was drug related. MJ, Amy Winehouse, now Whitney, all recent casualties, in some form or fashion, of substance abuse.

I heard about this at the exact minute that Diana was getting her award. Such sad news. And she was preparing for Sparkle. It is on CNN now. RIP

One report says she dies in Ottowa, Canada.

A link to the AP article, courtesy The Seattle Times.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eyhouston.html

Whitney was supposed to be at Clive's party tonight. Aretha and Diana are there. I'm sure they'll pay tribute.
    I wonder how they'll work it in for tomorrow's show.

Horrible news. RIP Whitney.

ladonna Guest
    Smark, I actually had the sane reaction as Jobeterob. Most likely, the actual time of death is different from when it was announced. I'm also shocked that I am shocked, hearing this news.

Just got word from a musician friend of mine. Here's the press release:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/whitney-...005927033.html

Met her once, back in the late 80's. Very sad to see her go out like this.

Unbelievable, I was just writing a post about Kelly Price's "Unplugged: For The Love of R & B" event that I attended on Thursday in LA. I was one of the photographer's for the Red carpet and I got a few shots of Whitney as she entered, She was in good spirits and when she exited the building, she even stopped to pose for the crazy paparazzi and even signed one man's copies of her first two albums. This is the photo that I took on Thursday, Feb 9th, 2012 of Whitney Houston Name:  whitneyhoust.jpg
Views: 4535
Size:  93.5 KB

Hard to believe!

This is beyond tragic. I'm stunned.

It's not like we didn't see this coming, same with MJ. But still, the reality is shocking. 48 years old.

Rest in peace, sister Whitney.

WOW! When I heard this on TV I was mortified. I know Clive Davis must be crying buckets right now. Her heart must have stopped but I am not speculating until I hear anything. I wish Cissy, Bobby Kristina, and all of those in the family and close friends my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

Her publicist confirmed it. Though cause of death has not been released. There were pictures taken earlier this week showing HOuston looking disheveled with wig askew and blood on her legs leaving a club. I can only assume her death was drug related. MJ, Amy Winehouse, now Whitney, all recent casualties, in some form or fashion, of substance abuse.
    It goes beyond just drug use, though. It goes right back to the INDUSTRY.

Whitney was savaged viciously in the press once she had crossed some imaginary line that seems to only apply to Black artists. The press villified MJ, and Diana too.

It always hurt me that people just turned their backs on Whitney, people who previously loved her music, calling her dumb and it's all her fault, etc. She was a human being, period. She was fallible, and was under extraordinary pressure from a young age. Flo, Whitney, Michael, who are any of us to judge?

Rest in peace Whitney.........you were the best baby!

Marv

This is so incredibly sad and shocking. May she rest in peace. Her ex-husband-Bobby Brown-was in the Memphis area with New Edition when he got the news. He reportedlybroke down and wasn't going to perform, but did once fans chanted for him. He told the crowd that it was the hardest thing he was doing and said: "I Love You Whitney."
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.

This is her last performance from the same night that I took the photo. I wrote a long review of Kelly Price's event but this news threw me off and I left the page. I will rewrite it soon but in the meantime, this performance was this past Thursday at Kelly Price's "Unplugged: For The Love of R & B" event which was one of the many events leading up to the Grammy's
    Last edited by glencro; 02-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.

I am simply at a lost for words... This just breaks my heart; my prayers go out to her family.

My heart has been broken in two, last week now it is broken in three pieces. This was the greatest voice in music who sang beautiful songs that i do not believe one will ever surpass. 200,000,000 million records and 12 number one hits on her own, the greatest soundtrack album of all time and on and on and on. Peace and love to all who were close to her
    Clive Davis, Cissy Houston [[her mom) Dionne Warwick [[cousin) Aretha, her daughter, ironically her lsst performance was in praise of Jesus Christ. R.I.P Whitney you will never be forgotten, Sparkle" the movie will be huge, I may be the first on line.

RIP Whitney Houston.

May the saddest day of your future, be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

God Bless.

Chicago Tommy

Way before her first solo album she did a track for Bill Laswell's Material

I was wondering what Diana getting a Grammy has to do with this tragedy HUH? A few posts up I posted a photo of Whitney that I took two days ago at an event in LA. She looked great, was in great spirits, hammed it up for the paparazzi for a minute or two, autographed two albums for a member of the paparazzi and jumped in the vehicle waiting for her. I am really in shock. She seemed well.

And the beautiful Whitney's death comes 6 days after Madonna's occult ritual [[Ishtar/the fall of the Roman Empire/all-seeing eye/Gilgamesh/the glamorization of militarism) at the Super Bowl.

This whole chain of events is creepy and unsettling, in addition to being sad and tragic. Was Whitney a ritual sacrifice for the Illuminati? People who don't think about things the way I do will likely jump on my post without any knowledge or thought, but whatever.

Whitney was getting better. She's looked healthier than she looked 10 years ago at least. And her voice isn't what it once was, but she was still able to go into the studio and do well with "I Look To You".

What exactly happend to Whitney Houston???? We'll likely never know, same as with Michael Jackson. But I know one thing: Whitney at heart was about love. She didn't go along with the evil modern music industry agenda of the sexual debasement of women. She wasn't part of THAT game...unlike Madonna.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post
    And the beautiful Whitney's death comes 6 days after Madonna's occult ritual [[Ishtar/the fall of the Roman Empire/all-seeing eye/Gilgamesh/the glamorization of militarism) at the Super Bowl.

This whole chain of events is creepy and unsettling, in addition to being sad and tragic. Was Whitney a ritual sacrifice for the Illuminati? People who don't think about things the way I do will likely jump on my post without any knowledge or thought, but whatever.

Whitney was getting better. She's looked healthier than she looked 10 years ago at least. And her voice isn't what it once was, but she was still able to go into the studio and do well with "I Look To You".

What exactly happend to Whitney Houston???? We'll likely never know, same as with Michael Jackson. But I know one thing: Whitney at heart was about love. She didn't go along with the evil modern music industry agenda of the sexual debasement of women. She wasn't part of THAT game...unlike Madonna.
    You are an ass.

Although we can only speculate at this point, it would appear that drugs in one form or another will turn out to be the cause. If so, then she will be the latest in a long line who simply could not handle the fortune and fame without also crossing over into the dark side. Who knows what it will take to stop this trend of superstars dying decades before their time or if anything really can be done? It seems as if the strength to just say no has to come from within and I guess we can take comfort in knowing that some do apparently manage to do it.

She was definitely one of the greatest and I can still remember the record store where I first saw the debut album and learned who she was. Prior to that the single with Teddy Pendergrass was all over the airwaves the previous summer.

Damn.
    I certainly didn't see this one coming.
    I've never been a big fan of her music, too pop for my taste, but I've always loved her voice and
    respected her talent and lineage. Always wished she had done more acting and turned her attention
    to more grown up music. I don't buy any bullshit science fiction theories like some folks and it makes
    me sad that she never saw 50. My condolences go out to those who really knew and loved her, especially
    to her mother Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kristina, and of course Dionne and Aretha... RIP, Whiney...
    You'll be remembered...

I just figured we'd see her at the Grammys......
    I'll reserve judgement until we hear the cause........
    RIP

RIP Whitney.

Saw this and others on Fri and I thought oh dear, not good.

Name:  Whitney1_PCN_532_1451604a.jpg
Views: 2383
Size:  68.7 KB

Below, singing live & beautiful. RIP.

Another sad loss, Never forget her first ever appearance at Wembley London, she was Amazing! and afterwards back at The Hilton there was a Party and she was Electric making the room so special.

Will Never forget her as I see "The Bodyguard" Soundtrack Platinum award presented to me by Arista!

May she Rest in Peace, condolences to her Dear Mother and Family.

I wrote this in memory of Whitney...

I will never forget when I heard the tragic news,
    You were so young and life was too abundant for you to lose,
    It was hard for me to breathe and the pain ached,
    All over the world, hearts began to break,
    You were the "THE VOICE" to those who were a fan,
    But more importantly, an amazing mother and incredible woman,
    You inspired us all with your gift of song,
    Many will cherish the memories now that you are gone,
    In heaven with the Lord is where you will be,
    Forever a star on earth and above for the world to see,
    We will always love you and continue to remember,
    The greatest love of all...for now and forever.

- Carlo Visentin

And just what does Bobby Brown has to say??....if anything.

I can't believe that's your first reaction to the news! ....

It was my reaction too! While watching the live stream of one diva being honored, I was notified on my i-phone of another diva's death. The mixed emotions experienced during that one moment are undescribable.

Carlo, that it a very nice tribute to one of your favorite ladies. I'm glad that you were able to see her perform live a few years ago.

I DVRd Good Morning America and I am watching it now. It is a special edition and they brought in the weekday anchors instead of using the weekend anchors. That is something that usually happens for a major event. Whitney's death is a major event.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Here's Bobby Brown's reaction to Whitney's death;
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1021245

Booby Brown heard the news just as he was preparing to go on stage in Memphis to perform with the reunited New Edition. He was devastated and it was not known if he would perform. But he did, and when he got on stage, he told the audience "I love you Whitney. THe hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage"

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I wrote this in memory of Whitney...

I will never forget when I heard the tragic news,
    You were so young and life was too abundant for you to lose,
    It was hard for me to breathe and the pain ached,
    All over the world, hearts began to break,
    You were the "THE VOICE" to those who were a fan,
    But more importantly, an amazing mother and incredible woman,
    You inspired us all with your gift of song,
    Many will cherish the memories now that you are gone,
    In heaven with the Lord is where you will be,
    Forever a star on earth and above for the world to see,
    We will always love you and continue to remember,
    The greatest love of all...for now and forever.

- Carlo Visentin

That was very nice Carlo. Thank you for sharing.

Oh Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    You are an ass.
    That's the most intelligent thing you have to say? Wow.

Agree or disagree, but that's just inappropriate.

Another one gone too young...RIP, Whitney, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    That's the most intelligent thing you have to say? Wow.

Agree or disagree, but that's just inappropriate.
    No honey what YOU said was inappropriate and ignorant.

dianesfan_1965 Guest

dianesfan_1965 Guest

and this is coming from a person that posted THIS just the other day:

Sugarchilehoneybaby
    Join Date Dec 2011Posts 153
    I will say this: Mary's breasts oughtta be insured by Lloyd's of London. I mean, who the hell cares what she sounds like?