[REMOVE ADS]

Kool & The Gang opening for Van Halen???

http://www.billboard.com/news/surpri...06131552.story

This is an odd pairing for the U.S. audiences. How do you guys feel about this? I'm looking forward to reading all of your opinions on this.

Apparently one of the Van Halens caught a Kool and the Gang show and was so impressed that they offered them a spot on the next tour. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Apparently one of the Van Halens caught a Kool and the Gang show and was so impressed that they offered them a spot on the next tour. Go figure.
    According to the article, the idea came from David Lee Roth, who has always been an R&B fan, as is Eddie. And, Kool & The Gang members have always been Van Halen members. I've always loved both bands.

Hmmm I think there is room for fans of both of them. Van Halen is not an oldies act but the people who liked them also knew about Kool and the Gang when they were hot. It seems like a lot of acts now from the 80s are banding with different genres because people have those radio memories.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Hmmm I think there is room for fans of both of them. Van Halen is not an oldies act but the people who liked them also knew about Kool and the Gang when they were hot. It seems like a lot of acts now from the 80s are banding with different genres because people have those radio memories.
    Stephanie, even though Van Halen has a new album out, they're essentially an oldies act. The people who will be going to see their tour will be there to hear the hits from the 70's and 80's, not the new stuff, which at best they'll tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Stephanie, even though Van Halen has a new album out, they're essentially an oldies act. The people who will be going to see their tour will be there to hear the hits from the 70's and 80's, not the new stuff, which at best they'll tolerate.
    They are not an oldies act. It's just that it's been twenty-something years since they released anything new. And, you obviously are not a VH fan because their new album is killer and riding up the charts.

Good Morning Soulful Detroit...

The pairing of Van Halen and Kool and The Gang has been in the works for a while.

Post 1513 on January 23,2012 stated that they would be touring together.
    [[Abraham Smooth Wilson Cd Questions Thread).
    My cousin Dennis Thomas[[DT) is an original member of KOOl AND THE GANG.
    There is lots of mutual respect on both sides of the equation.
    The Shows will be well worth Seeing...Both still bring It!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

van halen should be supporting kool and the gang

They don't seem to mind...according to that article, they've toured Europe with the likes of Def Leppard and Meatloaf...so if it works for them, all the better. I myself think it's an interesting pairing.

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    van halen should be supporting kool and the gang
    Why? It's Van Halen that has a new hit album out.