[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The super bowl

The super bowl

Anyone watching the game today?

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Anyone watching the game today?
    YEP! I am

Yes, we always watch all of these sports events. One of my sons travels to Seattle to watch football games every fall. And of course, we have the CFL in Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton.

Close game in the 1st half. 10-9 Pats. Let's see what happens in the 2nd half. [[and the half time show was ok)

Will admit I like the Grey Cup halftime better than the Super Bowl one.....

I am currently at the job and they're watching the Super Bowl in the main living room. If it wasn't for the bomb ass food spread that they made, I would have absolutely no interest in watching the game.

Somebody should've stuff the football in Madonna's mouth. Oh wait, that wouldn't do any good, she was lip synching
    But that Metlife commercial was awesome
    Last edited by P-Shark: The Revenge; 02-05-2012 at 10:15 PM.

I don't watch sports, but I did watch the halftime show with Madonna, Cee Lo Green, Nici Minaj, LMALFO, and someone else. It was mildly entertaining. Not bad, not great, but OK. Madonna looks pretty good, even though you can tell she had a bunch of make-up on.

Terrific ending to what appeard to be an old fashoned smash mouth football game. With only a couple of bombs by the respective QB's, to me it watched like a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Big 10 matchup from the late 60's.

It's over now? Good!

We ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! They did it! Party Time! LOL!!!!

Our Manning is better than their Manning, hehehehehehe......

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Terrific ending to what appeard to be an old fashoned smash mouth football game. With only a couple of bombs by the respective QB's, to me it watched like a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Big 10 matchup from the late 60's.
    That is a good description Doug!

Good game
    Average half time show
    Forgettable commercials

We'll do it all again next year.

I sent a text to a friend of my during the half time show: The classic 5 Temptations would have been generated more excitement. Another thought, the National Anthem. I've heard two good versions: Marvin Gaye, and for you Canadians, Roger Doucet.

It may be regionalism on my part [[and I've never heard him do the National Anthem), but Vancouver's Mark Donnelly does one of the best "O Canada"s I've ever heard. Sure like to hear it live in Rogers Arena with a crowd of 20,000 singing along..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3OO0IUPjE

I have to admit, I was not very impressed with the half-time show. And I'm a fan of Madonna. This is one smart cookie.
    However, what I would really liked to have seen was Madonna singing with a very tight, kick-ass band. I'm so tired of the over-done choreography and bling. That doesn't do a thing for me. What gets to me, is watching a really well oiled band work on stage. That is a show in itself. Call me "old school".