[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Where is....

Where is....

The Boy from Crosstown. He's been MIA. Hope he's all right.

He went the same route as your Dad; not happy with how negative and mean this Forum can occasionally get. But he might look in the odd time.

There's SO many I've wondered about.....Spookey, LadyMystique, Nish, Twicked, Cleoharvey, Scratcher, Vickie, Flynny, acoolcat, Sue, Fayette, Common......the list is long. These folks used to post some pretty good stuff. In looking back over the early archives, I noticed there was not many Supremes/Diana Ross threads. Interesting. I guess people move on for a variety of reasons. Some may have even passed on by now. It'd be interesting to know what happened to some of the early posters.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    He went the same route as your Dad; not happy with how negative and mean this Forum can occasionally get. But he might look in the odd time.
    tOO BAD. i LIKED jOHN. HOPE HE SEES THIS MESSAGE. JOHN, WE MISS YOU

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    There's SO many I've wondered about.....Spookey, LadyMystique, Nish, Twicked, Cleoharvey, Scratcher, Vickie, Flynny, acoolcat, Sue, Fayette, Common......the list is long. These folks used to post some pretty good stuff. In looking back over the early archives, I noticed there was not many Supremes/Diana Ross threads. Interesting. I guess people move on for a variety of reasons. Some may have even passed on by now. It'd be interesting to know what happened to some of the early posters.
    I believe a LOT OF THOSE FOLKS [[Spookey, Sister Detroit, etc.) WERE BANNED DURING THE LAST PURGE OF 2000WHATEVER.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Wow. I didn't know that. Well, guess that explains some things.

Lady Mystique, Nish and 1Wicked are still around......can't explain why they don't post as often........but then again neither do I...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Lady Mystique, Nish and 1Wicked are still around......can't explain why they don't post as often........but then again neither do I...lol.
    IT GETS like that sometimes. I've been around since 2004-05. In that time, we've discussed just about everything. For a while, I didn't have anything to contribute or didn't need an answer to a question so I took a break. I guess you can call it forum burn out.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Reading this thread and two songs popped in my head and neither one of them soul....LOL Elton John's Circle of Life and the Byrds, Turn Turn Turn...LOL...stuff happens, people move on, they come back or not....shrugs

But Kam I have to tell you, to this day, the best laugh I ever had on SDF is your standing up in church doing the Butt comment.....I don't even remember how it came about or why but I still laugh at the imagery...hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Reading this thread and two songs popped in my head and neither one of them soul....LOL Elton John's Circle of Life and the Byrds, Turn Turn Turn...LOL...stuff happens, people move on, they come back or not....shrugs

But Kam I have to tell you, to this day, the best laugh I ever had on SDF is your standing up in church doing the Butt comment.....I don't even remember how it came about or why but I still laugh at the imagery...hahahahaha
    Yes, as in most things in life.....people move on for whatever reason. It's the ebb and the flow of life. Now, what's this about the butt comment in church? That sounds worth repeating....I also need a good laugh.

LOL...Blueskies I wish I could remember what we were talking about. All I remember is that comment and the image of church ladies jumping up in the middle of a sermon "Doing The Butt" I laughed till I cried.

People often remember the negative stuff more around here but there was a lot of fun and laughs too. Back then snark and a good joke were appreciated a lot more....LOL..although there were exceptions but people were not as up tight when I first came on board, not to say there were not problems or things were perfect...just a different vibe than now.......things change...such is life. shrugs
    Last edited by ms_m; 02-04-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    tOO BAD. i LIKED jOHN. HOPE HE SEES THIS MESSAGE. JOHN, WE MISS YOU
    Thanks Kamasu. I'm sorry but I can't handle the nastiness. It's still happening, unfortunately.

My best to you and your dad.

Sometimes I feel a little like Kamasu, although I don't know if burnout is the cause. I've been around here about 10 years, and I think sometimes SDF has passed me by. It's funny in a way, but the recent thread on The Funk Brothers reminded me a bit of what the forum used to be like. I realise in the years since SITSOM everything that could ever be said about the classic Detroit groups has already been said, but when discussions turn to deep soul and about groups I have no memory of, I tend to become a lurker more than I used to.

Come back, John, we need you...and other voices of reason. If any aspects of this forum need changing, it can only be done from within, not from without.

I admit I really miss some of you guys and there's a certain loyalty I owe to Ralph. So I've tried a few posts.

John,
    I have missed you, also. Your loyalty to me is most appreciated. I do try to stem the nastiness when it surfaces but realize I'm not perfect at it. At any rate my old friend, it is good to see you posting.

Welcome back, good man.........even if it's only for a while.

Thank you both for your kind words.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  21.1 KB
    Flynny is still in Japan, still scarfing up Soul records. ACooolcat is still going strong, but, apparently, busy with work and still doing Detroit Soul research. We have very few threads on obscure '60s Detroit Soul anymore. When we DO, people come out of the woodwork [[ACooolcat, Flynny, Keith Rylatt, myself, Carl Peligrino, Davie Gordon, Bob A, etc.)

Thanks for the update Robb. I go back to those days and have often wondered about these people. Yes, I noticed there are very few obscure 60's Detroit Soul threads anymore...miss those days. Thanks again.

I stopped coming here because there was some real hostile things going down..Im all for lively debate but someone called me racist which I found so ridiculous..I just thought I would come back and see how my friends are..it looks like some of the drama has gone...thank heaven

Nomis,
    I'm doing my best to keep the trouble makers found and dealt with. The problem is, new ones seem to come out of the woodwork. I guess the good news on that one is, I'm real quick on the "ban membership" button and try not to let things get out of control.

While we're on the subject, where is Dr. Groove?