[REMOVE ADS]

Harry/Andy... Complete, supremes with Mary Wilson & Partners

Harry/Andy now we've had the excellent 2 70's supremes sets can we please please have reissues of Mary Wilsons solo album and sherrie and susayes Partners album. This would effectively and nicely wrap the supremes story up
    i was speaking with Mary in November and she said she'd love the album re issued on cd with the 4 tracks she recorded with gus dudgeon...........please can we have these two.....soon

As much as I would welcome those releases, the 60's Supremes releases have a long way to go and I would like to see those finished before we tie up the loose ends. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad the 70's Supremes have gotten their due and and I own them all [[The Jean Terrell Years, The Final Sessions, Magnificent [[The Four Tops duets) and Live In Japan) but I'm ready for the rest of the 60's catalog to get similar deluxe loving treatments. In fact, not that I'm complaining, but it's always struck me as odd that the 70's were "finished" before the 60's were...

I'm so happy about this great news,I'm also sure that,Scherrie and Susaye will also be happy about this,bring it on Harry and Andy.[[smile)
    Please stay positive

I'm so happy about this great news,I'm also sure that,Scherrie and Susaye will also be happy about this,bring it on Harry and Andy.It's RedHot[[smile)
    Please stay positive

I hope both albums get re-released

I too would love to see both of these LP's released, but I'm probably in the minority when I say I'd like them as individual releases. I just don't see what one album has to do with the other, and I think each deserves it's own special treatment. Are there any outtakes from "Partners"? I'm not sure; maybe it makes sense just to do a lush remastering with extensive liner notes and rare photos. I'm certain Scherrie and especially Susaye would welcome the idea.

As far as "Mary Wilson", I'd almost like to see a deluxe Mary Wilson set, which includes "Mary Wilson", in addition to her 4 unreleased Gus tracks. The set could also be rounded out with several Mary Wilson solo tracks which have already been released, such as "Davy Crockett" or "Come and Get These Memories", and unreleased solo tracks such as "If You Let Me Baby" or "Send Him To Me".

I think Andy himself that these are in the pipeline; patience grasshoppers!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I too would love to see both of these LP's released, but I'm probably in the minority when I say I'd like them as individual releases. I just don't see what one album has to do with the other, and I think each deserves it's own special treatment. Are there any outtakes from "Partners"? I'm not sure; maybe it makes sense just to do a lush remastering with extensive liner notes and rare photos. I'm certain Scherrie and especially Susaye would welcome the idea.

As far as "Mary Wilson", I'd almost like to see a deluxe Mary Wilson set, which includes "Mary Wilson", in addition to her 4 unreleased Gus tracks. The set could also be rounded out with several Mary Wilson solo tracks which have already been released, such as "Davy Crockett" or "Come and Get These Memories", and unreleased solo tracks such as "If You Let Me Baby" or "Send Him To Me".

I think Andy himself that these are in the pipeline; patience grasshoppers!
    An even better package would include the demo's she recorded for Atlantic Records in the mid-80's...,."The One I Love" was a HOT record!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    An even better package would include the demo's she recorded for Atlantic Records in the mid-80's...,."The One I Love" was a HOT record!
    Is that a cover of the REM song?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Is that a cover of the REM song?
    Nope! Totally different song. Mary's could actually be sub-titled "Push Has Come to Shoving........"

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    As much as I would welcome those releases, the 60's Supremes releases have a long way to go and I would like to see those finished before we tie up the loose ends. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad the 70's Supremes have gotten their due and and I own them all [[The Jean Terrell Years, The Final Sessions, Magnificent [[The Four Tops duets) and Live In Japan) but I'm ready for the rest of the 60's catalog to get similar deluxe loving treatments. In fact, not that I'm complaining, but it's always struck me as odd that the 70's were "finished" before the 60's were...
    True.
    Besides, I'm not sure there's a big market for the two 1979 albums. Mint vinyl copies of the original lp's can be found easily on the net at prices under €5. Even the "Red Hot" 12" is easy to find at a good price. They don't seem that sought-after. So why bother with a cd re-issue?

As much as I wanted to like both those LPs, neither one is that good though I'd give "Partners" a slight edge mainly due to the great vocal abilities of Sherrie and Susaye.

I'd much rather see a really nice reissue of the "Lady Sings the Blues" soundtrack, without all the interspersed dialogue and including any tracks that might have been left out. Though I find "Blue" interesting in spots, and do play it occasionally, it altogether seemed a rather lackluster affair compared to "Lady."

I really loved Partners and played that album to death - found an unopened album at a flea market and still have it sealed until I can get it transferred to mp3 files. I loved the album because there were solo recordings mixed with duets and the tracks were very exciting. I would love to get that reissued with any extra tracks though the chances seem extremely thin. I wouldn't have a problem having it paired with Mary's album because I usually divide the songs into their original album tracks when I transfer them to my mp3 player. I didn't really find Mary's album as enjoyable but would still like it on cd - adding the Gus Dudgeon tracks would be a great reason to do it.

Bring on both packages The Mary Wilson project with Red Hot leading deserves a treatment, so does the Partners LP Scherrie and Susaye were great.

I would purchase Partners with Scherrie and Susaye. There has got to be other songs unreleased from that session. Susaye and Scherrie are very talented and I mean talented song writers and they are both song birds. I can not believe that we didn't get more from this duo. I remember playing "I Found Another Love" from that LP over and over so loud from my bedroom window until I had neighbors on the blvd. dancing to it.

I could see Hip-O releasing these two in quantities of say, 3000 copies each. They are only known to a small number of people, but to those who love these albums, they would definitely purchase them.

I, too, recorded my fave tracks from 'Partners' digitally and have them on CD. I absolutely love "Storybook Romance" and "Leaving Me Was The Best Thing...". Both sound like hits to my ears. I bet if they had been released under the Supremes name, they would have had a chance!

They could include the 7" edit of "Leaving Me", as well as Scherrie's solo "Fly", plus I'm sure there are demos or extras laying around somewhere!

'Mary Wilson' with 12" mixes and the Gus Dudgeon sessions would make a great package. Ultimately, hardcore fans will want these CDs just to have the official CD. And let's not forget Mary loves to do extensive interviews for liner notes! She can even write her own liner notes. And Susaye is so chatty online that I'm sure she'd be willing to do the same with extensive notes and the story for 'Partners'!

The sad thing regarding Partners is... no promotion whatsoever in the Washington DC area. I read Jet and Right On! magazines, I was always in record stores and I never knew about this album until I stumbled across it about 6 months after it was released. It was buried in an alphabetical bin under the P's! Only one copy in the store which was in Georgetown. A friend of mine went looking for a copy after I found mine and he had to ask the guy at Waxie Maxies [[remember them!) to order it for him.

both albums need to and deserve to be released on CD.,.I'll place my pre order now..

RossHolloway Guest
    I say do a limited time release on I Tunes with a pdf of the cover art and track information.

Itunes is a great idea; put it all together on one set and keep the price reasonable; there should be at least 1000 hardcore fans that will buy into it. A very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    The sad thing regarding Partners is... no promotion whatsoever in the Washington DC area. I read Jet and Right On! magazines, I was always in record stores and I never knew about this album until I stumbled across it about 6 months after it was released. It was buried in an alphabetical bin under the P's! Only one copy in the store which was in Georgetown. A friend of mine went looking for a copy after I found mine and he had to ask the guy at Waxie Maxies [[remember them!) to order it for him.
    I lived in Washington DC during this time and I had no problems when I went looking for the Partners album. Granted it wasn't promoted in the DC area; however I read about the release in Billboard magazine and found my copy in King's Record Store [[I believe I recalled the name correctly. It was located at Minnesota and Benning Roads NE).

Tyrone

a physical CD package is a great idea; the fans deserve it after the shoddy treatment Motown gave these releases, and the artists deserve it as well;