[REMOVE ADS]

uptight Guest

WE ALSO LOST JAZZ ARRANGER CLARE FISCHER Jan 2012

On my local jazz station, I had heard we lost Jazz arranger Clare Fischer Jan. 26 [[four days prior to Don Cornelius' passing).

We have heard his orchestral arrangements in some of the Rufus featuring Chaka Khan albums in the 70s [["Fool's Paradise" and "Earth Song" being my favorites tracks). His brother's son, André Fischer, was the drummer in Rufus. I became more aware of the name Clare Fischer when he was credited for the score to Prince's movie Under The Cherry Moon. I became a huge fan of Fischer's orchestral work.

Not knowing he was a Michigan native, I attended a concert of his at his alma mater Michigan State University while I was a college student. The show presented his latest bossa nova compositions at the time.

Bless your soul, Mr. Fischer.

Pardon my comment if it sounds insensitive, but our musical greats are dropping like flies!

I love Fischer's work! R.I.P..

I met Mr Fischer several years back at a restaurant in Encino. As he approached our table I was told that Claire was the guy who did all of Princes arrangements. When I shook his hand I asked him...."Aren't you the arranger formerly known as Claire"...He laughed...one of my better one liners [[I thought). Terrific and legendary music guy who will be missed by the entire music community.

I noticed his credit on the ASK RUFUS album which I consider superb.
    Condolences to the family

If you loved the strings on songs like Stop on By, Earth Song, Take Me With You and Raspberry Beret then you loved Claire's work. He was the secret weapon for a lot of folks and will be greatly missed.

I'm beginning to feel like Bette Midler in The Rose - "Where's everybody going?!!!"

uptight Guest
    "Screams of Passion" by The Family [[one of Prince's projects) had more awesome Clare Fischer arrangements. That is really where I first noticed his credits.

Also, "Little Boy Blue" by Rufus.

I was a kid wondering, "How can these strings fit so beautifully with the song when it also sounds like they are playing a totally different tune?" It would blow my mind. LOL

Yes, these losses are sad but Clare Fisher did live a full productive life and was so vital to the work of so many artists
    that it isn't funny. RIP...

I'm floored by this. This mans arrangements was genius. He NEVER met Prince in person. That's how genius he was. If you listen to Brian McKnights track "Love Of My Life" it sounds like a Prince track , but actually thats where you distinguish the element that Mr.Fisher had on Princes music. He is so underated and should be researched by anyone who is into real music. R.I.P. Mr. Fisher.