[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves - The unissued album

Pencilled in for release around Jan/Feb. 1972, on Gordy G-960.
    Does anyone know if there was ever a track listing, for this album?

dzMusica Guest
    Lol What in the world are you talking about? What was the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by dzMusica View Post
    Lol What in the world are you talking about? What was the name of it?

According to the Both-Sides-Now Gordy LP discography it was to be called "Martha Reeves"!!

http://www.bsnpubs.com/motown/gordy.html

Roger

dzMusica Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    Pencilled in for release around Jan/Feb. 1972, on Gordy G-960.
    Does anyone know if there was ever a track listing, for this album?
    You should have preceded your statement with 'Could one of ya'll go call Martha and ask her.... LOL

I think this became the Black Magic lp which came out a little later in 1972

I also believe parts of the unissued album became a part of the "Black Magic" album. The group would disband in December of 1972.

RossHolloway Guest
    Well didn't Martha record several solo tracks around this time period as well?

Two songs were slated in 1972 for a Martha Reeves solo single- "I Won't Be The Fool I've Been Again'' and "Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)" - Gordy 7127 A/B but remained unreleased until the 1993 collection 'Live Wire! The Singles 1962-1972' .
    Mention has been made in the cd booklet and in other Motown books [[Martha's biography included) that some/most of the songs that appeared on the 'Black Magic' album were originally earmarked for Diana Ross- some even had Diana's name written on the tape boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Two songs were slated in 1972 for a Martha Reeves solo single- "I Won't Be The Fool I've Been Again'' and "Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)" - Gordy 7127 A/B but remained unreleased until the 1993 collection 'Live Wire! The Singles 1962-1972' .
    Mention has been made in the cd booklet and in other Motown books [[Martha's biography included) that some/most of the songs that appeared on the 'Black Magic' album were originally earmarked for Diana Ross- some even had Diana's name written on the tape boxes.
    Thank you, I was thinking of trying to make it up from tracks released on various CD's, but it now looks a no no.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    When Martha's autobiography, Confessions of a Motown Diva, was released Martha came to Atlanta for a book signing and she signed both her book and the Live Wire cd booklet for me. We exchaged some small talk and she asked me what I thought of her solo sides and she asked me if they would have been a hit single. I of course shocked that a legend would be asking me my opinion. lol. I, of course, said YES!

Probably A solo project. Motown was going to continue with Martha as a solo artists. "No one There" was released as a solo record in the UK. "Won't Be the Fool I've Been" was to be the next release until Martha got a release from her contract.