[REMOVE ADS]

Kell Osbourne RIP

Ady Croasdell has been informed that Kell Osbourne passed away Sunday in California.

Down the years, Kell Osbourne recorded quite a few prized outings [["Law Against A Heartbreaker", "The Lonely Boy Song", "Quicksand", etc) but the start of his singing career seems to be what he is most remembered for rather then his long & varied recording career.
    Kell started out in Birmingham, here he was a member of the Cavaliers along with Eddie Kendricks, Paul Williams & Willy Waller. When one of the Cavaliers couldn't make a gig, Dean Courtney would step into the breach to complete the group's line-up. Later Kell moved up to Detroit to join Eddie & Paul as a member of the Primes. But things [[at that time) weren't running smoothly for the group and so he quit the group and relocated to LA [[sometime around 1960). Here he started to cut tracks for the likes of Phil Spector [["That’s Alright Baby" on Trey). Other 45's followed on Trey plus an outing as Kell Osborne and the Chicks on Class. More 45's on Class were issued before he had the popular "Quicksand" release on Titanic. Another of his big sounds was “A Law Against a Heartbreaker” put out on Highland. Other 45's from him included "Somethin' For The Books" + “Trouble Trouble Baby” on Revis and "Little Darling" on Cenco [[Ike Turners label by then also LA based). His most Motown sounding track "Small Things [[Make a Big Difference)" escaped on the New Bag label. A 45 also escaped on Loma [["You Can't Outsmart a Woman") & this belatedly got a UK release as a track on the 'This is Loma' set of album releases.
    Last edited by jsmith; 01-31-2012 at 01:20 PM.

The full story on Kell ........... http://www.soulunderground.co.uk/styled-4/

The last of the Original Primes. Sorry to hear this. Thanks Jsmith. Rest in peace Kell.

Marv

Thanks for letting us know. Rest in peace, Kell.

Kell Osbourne 1938-2012

Love "Law Against a Heartbreaker"...RIP, Kell, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

honest man Guest
    What a big shame,there was talk last years on SDF about a Kell anthology being put out,love this man singing,Lonely boy song,quicksand ,i was only playing Bells of st Marys over xmas, a true great who missed his chances, Hope we recieve his anthology one day soon ,his music lives on,thank you Kell.God Bless.

I will speak to Arthur Wright when I get chance about the Antology, think it was just his 60's material though. It was almost ready last time it was talked about but Arthur was waiting for Kell of something. That was some time ago though.

My condolences go out.

Sad news, I Loved "Quicksand" & "The Lonely Boy Song". Kell Osbourne R.I.P. & condolences to family & friends.