[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    Sunny Amersham in Buckinghamshire during the day and quaint Aston Clinton, also in Buckinghamshire at night.
    No, I mean there are U.S., Canadian, and U.K. members here. Without any reference as to a member's location, the posts get confusing. So, it would be great if that could be reflected on the posts rather than just in the profile. This would be something Lowell could answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    Whitney's not an Ar5ena1 fan is she? I wouldn't have thought so; more Manchester United or Chelsea if you ask me.
    I wouldn't know. Never heard of ar5ena1. But you said the reason you didn't like those artists was because they were fans of ar5ena1 just like that terrorist turned Swiss Cheese. So what is the difference between that shark food being an admirer of Whitney and his devotion to Ar5ena1? I'm just trying to understand

I can't remember the exact line, but Nick DiPaolo hit it on the head when he said that he'd never have to buy a rap CD because he could hear 'em all blaring from cars passing his apartment!

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Profanity in metal/rock doesn't bother you?
    Soulster, the little metal/rock I did hear back in the day I don't remember the profanity unless I was so high it didn't register. If the profanity is there today, I wouldn't know because I don't listen to it anymore.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  21.1 KB

1. Heavy Metal -lotta noise
    2. Acid Rock-lotta noise
    3. Punk Rock-lotta noise

I'd rather hear Buck Owens than any of that tripe above, and I HATE his singing. I'd rather hear Bulgarian bagpipers or Australian Aborigine music, or a monkey banging a spoon on a metal pot. Possibly even Bob Dylan [[and the sound of his voice literally makes me sick).

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 123

1. Heavy Metal -lotta noise
    2. Acid Rock-lotta noise
    3. Punk Rock-lotta noise

I'd rather hear Buck Owens than any of that tripe above, and I HATE his singing. I'd rather hear Bulgarian bagpipers or Australian Aborigine music, or a monkey banging a spoon on a metal pot. Possibly even Bob Dylan [[and the sound of his voice literally makes me sick).
    Just goes to show that everyone is different. That music you listed is not noise to me. I hear distinct melody and rhythm. I hear arrangements and chords. I used to think like you until that little window of discovery opened up and I allowed myself to listen closely.

Bob Dylan's voice grated on my ears like nothing else until I stopped and listened to his early albums. I considered the folk music tradition and the fact that he wasn't really singing, but conveying messages and thoughts to a guitar. It was only then I started to understand Bob Dylan. It's not about pretty melodies and singing, it's about the message.

I listen to two much music to narrow down my two least favorite types, I keep coming up with seven way ties but I'll try this and I have to add in any genre there are always at least one exception for me...

Merenge. I don't like the time...
    Klezmer. Same as above...

Okay, I don't care much for heavy metal, reggaeton, most disco, current hip hop, most smooth jazz,
    house or current "club" music or polka...

For the record I like Bob Dylan but I know his nasal voice can be quite annoying and I'd rather listen to
    other singers interpret his songs. Madeline Peyroux for me does the best version of You're Going To Make
    Me Lonesome When You Go and Cassandra Wilson works the mess outta Shelter From The Storm...

Bob Dylan is best described as an acquired taste...I've always liked him, but then again, that's one of many artists I got into through my older brother.

I can see what irks some people about him, though...I've seen him six times in concert, and I think I've reached my limit. My brother's probably seen him over 100 times.

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    Bob Dylan is best described as an acquired taste...I've always liked him, but then again, that's one of many artists I got into through my older brother.

I can see what irks some people about him, though...I've seen him six times in concert, and I think I've reached my limit. My brother's probably seen him over 100 times.

Best,

Mark
    People make me laugh when they describe how Dylan sings in concert. And then they say, 'never again'.

Dylan to me is a lot like Smokey Robinson. A far better songwriter than a singer. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Dylan to me is a lot like Smokey Robinson. A far better songwriter than a singer. Just my opinion.
Views: 118
    That is true, but I'll take Smokey's singing over Bob Dylan's by a tremendous amount [[and over a lot of other singers, as well).

I had to laugh where I read once where Dylan made some anti-gay remark in front of Ronnie Spector....and she ripped him a brand new asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 118
    That is true, but I'll take Smokey's singing over Bob Dylan's by a tremendous amount [[and over a lot of other singers, as well).
    I can totally agree with that observation as well.

For me, my two least favorite forms of music have to be Techno and most of the club music that came after it. Also I just can't stand Death/Thrash Metal vocalist [[?)